Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Autos For Sale / Wanted

AWE Tuning

Old 07-31-2022, 09:29 AM   #15
Zybane

Drives: Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
I can't believe people are paying this much, local dealer will order me a '22 ZLE for msrp, around $75k and wait is under 6 months.
That actually has an allocation and will sell at MSRP? I doubt it, probably blowing smoke up your skirt.

Tons of dealers say they can "order a car" but don't have an allocation sitting there, which then means nothing.
Zybane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 07:19 PM   #16
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zybane View Post
That actually has an allocation and will sell at MSRP? I doubt it, probably blowing smoke up your skirt.

Tons of dealers say they can "order a car" but don't have an allocation sitting there, which then means nothing.
I bought my '18 SLE there 4 years ago, they had 4 1SS 1LEs in stock to choose from, about 6 other Camaros, a fleet of C7s inc. a ZR1, they're a very large volume dealer. They said they can order me a ZLE at msrp or a C8 for 5% ADM but I haven't offered to put the money down yet so IDK.

Wait 6 months longer and these $65k '18 ZLEs will be under $50k. Chip shortages will ease in the next 6 months, combined with higher interest rates cooling things off and maybe a recession on top of that... now is a horrible time to buy a used car imo, and paying a large ADM is is for those who have so much money it just doesn't matter. GM can build plenty of cars, none of them are limited editions.

That said, imo it's also hard to go wrong buying one of the last ZLEs, esp w/ a 6MT, if you keep it in good shape I'd bet it will appreciate long term. I also think it's well worth paying an extra $10k for a brand new car that's 4 model years newer, being the original owner, avoiding an abused car, having a full factory warranty, etc.
Old 08-01-2022, 11:00 AM   #17
glopez5

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
I also think it's well worth paying an extra $10k for a brand new car that's 4 model years newer, being the original owner, avoiding an abused car, having a full factory warranty, etc.
I agree 100%, I went around looking for used ZLE's the past 3-4 months, most of the time in the under 65k range they have been modified and in some cases there is damage on the car.

My last straw was last weekend, I went to see a 2019 and pictures looked flawless, but when I got there the front lip needed replacement, canard was broken, rear tires were bald, the seat bolsters were worn, needed some service and it was listed after taxes, fees and all that at close to 68-69k. No way.... I left dealership, even though they ran my credit and had me ready to do paperwork.

Since my last bad experience I decided i'm just going to order anew one, save some extra money to put down in the meantime.

good luck, my last piece of advice, always always do a thorough check and don't compromise, maybe you'll get lucky.
glopez5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 09:19 AM   #18
ClevelandPlasma

Drives: 2010 Ford Raptor
Quote:
I can't believe people are paying this much, local dealer will order me a '22 ZLE for msrp, around $75k and wait is under 6 months.

$65k for an '18?!?! Ridiculous, imo, unless it has low miles, extra sets of wheels and tires, full PPF, etc...
Thanks for the tip, I will be calling around today I think I want the blue or orange. Pretty fricking disappointed in myself for selling my 2017 Kypton Green ZL1 ! At that time ZL1 1LE where only a few thousand more though, and I figured I would get one of those..... :(

---Started calling around, dealers have to be allocated for ZL1 :(

High note GM allows GMS on ZL1 / 1LE about $6000 off.......

what do you think? Rapid Blue or Vivid Orange?

Last edited by ClevelandPlasma; 08-24-2022 at 11:28 AM.
ClevelandPlasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 03:04 PM   #19
NOTSINCE57

Drives: '23 1SS 1LE-Sharkskin M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandPlasma View Post
Thanks for the tip, I will be calling around today I think I want the blue or orange. Pretty fricking disappointed in myself for selling my 2017 Kypton Green ZL1 ! At that time ZL1 1LE where only a few thousand more though, and I figured I would get one of those..... :(

---Started calling around, dealers have to be allocated for ZL1 :(

High note GM allows GMS on ZL1 / 1LE about $6000 off.......

what do you think? Rapid Blue or Vivid Orange?
We've all kicked ourselves for selling too soon for too little. I'd say pull the trigger on the Rapid Blue, it's the closest color that stands out compared to your old ride. Have you actually found a dealer to throw you GMS pricing in this market?
NOTSINCE57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 04:07 PM   #20
Kevin0311

Drives: Chevy ss sedan, 22 ZL1 vert
Vivid orange but i am impartial
Attached Images

Kevin0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 06:32 AM   #21
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zybane View Post

It's not that hard to find honest dealers. This forum has been the best resource for me to find them. They're out there for sure, you may have to get the car shipped but that's no issue for me when spending $70k on the car.
Old 08-28-2022, 10:55 AM   #22
ClevelandPlasma

Drives: 2010 Ford Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTSINCE57 View Post
Have you actually found a dealer to throw you GMS pricing in this market?
Have to look harder not looking like it.
ClevelandPlasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 01:47 PM   #23
Z06_mike

Drives: Chevy corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTSINCE57 View Post
We've all kicked ourselves for selling too soon for too little. I'd say pull the trigger on the Rapid Blue, it's the closest color that stands out compared to your old ride. Have you actually found a dealer to throw you GMS pricing in this market?
Personally I wouldn’t get Rapid Blue it seems to be very common in the few new Camaros that are being produced. I’d go VO or Riverside Blue first.

At any rate I’ve raised my budget and only looking for a SHOCK one at this point.
Z06_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 02:15 PM   #24
D1ESEL

Drives: F350, GT3, M3
I am open to selling my 2019 6mt ZLE. It's Gray with some tasteful modifications.

7700 miles on it and I would sell for $68,000
D1ESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 09:12 PM   #25
est1979

Drives: none
I have a Summit White manual 18 ZLE if you are interested PM me.
est1979 is offline   Reply With Quote