Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 11-04-2017, 10:57 PM   #1
umby24

Drives: None
elsd squeak noise

So a little concerned and probably just going to take it to a dealer, but I wanted to get some thoughts and see if anyone happens to know what this is.

I have a 17 SS 1LE, and last weekend I noticed a squeaking noise coming from the rear end of the car. I thought it might be due to a sudden tempreture change, but when I went to drive the car this week (I generally drive only once or twice a week), the sound persisted.

I broke in the car properly, and changed the rear diff at 1500 miles, but decided to be safe and change it again to see if that would stop the squeak. Now I'm at roughly 3600 miles. I thought the issue was solved but when I was almost home, the squeak returned.

It seems to only occur when the car has been driving for a little while, as it took about 20-30 minutes of driving for it to first start occuring, but after it starts, you can reproduce it consistently.

The sound is audiable inside the car usually starting around 40mph, and it gets louder with speed. If you depress the clutch and let the car roll, it will occationally get a little louder also.

I captured it in video, but also noticed on my drive home that the sound can be heard from outside the car as well, but much louder than inside the car.

Thanks for any wisdom you can provide!

https://youtu.be/4eJa3U_pkBI
Old 11-06-2017, 03:10 PM   #2
umby24

Drives: None
Anyone?
Old 11-06-2017, 03:23 PM   #3
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
It sounds a bit like break rotor or the rear axle
Attached Images

Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:04 PM   #4
fivewunoh

Drives: 18 NFG 1ss M6
I'm getting a similar noise on my car. Although mine is a 1ss. It seems to be more pronounced when turning right. So when there's less weight on my left side.
I'd love to hear what you dealer says as I won't be bringing mine in yet. Just got my car back from a week long tsb for the end links so I'd like to enjoy my car a bit lol.
fivewunoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 06:24 PM   #5
1LE4free

Drives: 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Did you ever get to the bottom of this. I think I’m experiencing the same thing on my 22 1LE but I heard it for the first time faintly and
Am expecting it to become more pronounced as time goes on

Quote:
Originally Posted by umby24 View Post
So a little concerned and probably just going to take it to a dealer, but I wanted to get some thoughts and see if anyone happens to know what this is.

I have a 17 SS 1LE, and last weekend I noticed a squeaking noise coming from the rear end of the car. I thought it might be due to a sudden tempreture change, but when I went to drive the car this week (I generally drive only once or twice a week), the sound persisted.

I broke in the car properly, and changed the rear diff at 1500 miles, but decided to be safe and change it again to see if that would stop the squeak. Now I'm at roughly 3600 miles. I thought the issue was solved but when I was almost home, the squeak returned.

It seems to only occur when the car has been driving for a little while, as it took about 20-30 minutes of driving for it to first start occuring, but after it starts, you can reproduce it consistently.

The sound is audiable inside the car usually starting around 40mph, and it gets louder with speed. If you depress the clutch and let the car roll, it will occationally get a little louder also.

I captured it in video, but also noticed on my drive home that the sound can be heard from outside the car as well, but much louder than inside the car.

Thanks for any wisdom you can provide!

https://youtu.be/4eJa3U_pkBI
1LE4free is offline   Reply With Quote