Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-01-2022, 09:32 PM   #1
BehindBlueI's

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Raffle to help prevent suicide among vets/1st responders

https://givingbackusa.org/raffle/#

I am not affiliated with this organization other than as a donor and as a very casual acquaintance of the former SEAL combat vet who runs it.

Who they are:

Giving Back (registered entity name/tax ID name), also known as “Giving Back USA” on social media and our website, is a veteran/first responder-founded 501(c)(3) Nonprofit started in 2018 as a Limited Liability Corporation/ “not for profit” entity, and converted to a 501(c)(3) nonprofit in 2020 in order to more effectively focus on the vast and unique mental health challenges faced by our heroes in uniform, both those actively serving, and veterans, along with their immediate families.

We provide crisis intervention/suicide prevention, peer support, logistical, liaison, and Veteran/First Responder advocacy services linking Veterans and First Responders with mental health resources and professional providers, as well as family oriented outdoor activities and events geared towards healing the invisible wounds of war and trauma on our 850+ acre private property near Martinsville, VA. We are also able to assist with out- of-pocket costs for professional mental health services, co-pays, travel costs, and other expenses as may be necessary, as many of the services we assist with, or offer to our clientele can be cost-prohibitive if not covered by an individual or family insurance plan.

We are a 100% volunteer organization, and no one on the Giving Back staff or Board of Directors receives financial compensation for their participation, work, or services provided. Our staff consists of seasoned first responders, combat veterans, and a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Our Board of Directors is also 100% all volunteer, and comprised of combat veterans, former first responders, and a board-certified psychiatrist who advises us on how to effectively implement programs, supportive therapeutic activities, & ensure we are providing services in line with current best practices for our heroes in uniform and their families. Every penny we raise through donations and fundraisers goes directly to supporting our programs. Every “big ticket” item (any item with a cost exceeding $1,000, such as tractor equipment, our pavilion, storage container, etc.) in use by Giving Back, has been purchased personally by Board and/or Staff members, and their use donated to our organization, allowing us to use all financial donations and funds raised to go solely to supporting our programs and services.

If you're a veteran or 1st responder who likes the outdoors and feels like their services could better your life, it's free and information is here:

https://givingbackusa.org/faq/
BehindBlueI's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 04:49 PM   #2
BehindBlueI's

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Bump. Tickets still available. If you're confused about how to get your entries, click "donate" and donate what you'd like in $10 increments. Then click "contact us" and send the owner how many tickets you just bought (make sure name matches the credit card/bank info you used) and your contact info. Your tickets will be mailed to you, and if your stub is drawn you'll be notified.
BehindBlueI's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 06:55 PM   #3
txabertheory

Drives: camaro
Are there any events like this one planned for the future? My brother is a 1st responder, and I would like him to visit something like this because he likes outdoor activities a lot.
I think he’s one of the most important people in my life because he cared for me when our parents died, and I regret that I didn’t listen to him enough. I used to think I did what I wanted, and he did not have the right to tell me how to live. This is how I ended up on fherehab.com. it was him who got me there, and it saved
my life.
Now I want to use any opportunity to express my gratitude to this guy and tell him how I love him.

Last edited by txabertheory; 08-04-2022 at 08:43 PM.
txabertheory is offline   Reply With Quote