Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - New England

Phastek Performance

Old 02-27-2020, 07:43 AM   #1
joeyb331

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro convertible
Convertible rear glass problem

Having a problem with my 17 convertible rear window separating (TSB-17-NA-216) GM has dicked me around for a month now because they claim no dealer in RI or Mass has people that can replace it. Has anyone had the same problem and have you had your top replaced? Thanks
joeyb331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:15 AM   #2
Tejano

Drives: 2017 camaro ss convertible
Good luck!!! I been fighting with GM for almost a year now about my rear window coming unglued!!!

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519083
Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 10:00 AM   #3
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb331 View Post
Having a problem with my 17 convertible rear window separating (TSB-17-NA-216) GM has dicked me around for a month now because they claim no dealer in RI or Mass has people that can replace it. Has anyone had the same problem and have you had your top replaced? Thanks
Hi Joey... I would give these guys a call, ask for "Scott" (Service Manager) and see if they have the experience needed. They are first or second in the country for Vett sales and would imagine they have at one point and time replaced a top or two or three. I have yet to replace mine, however it does have some delamination present in the typical location: right lower/ passenger side. Mine is driven at high speeds with the top up and at least one window down all-the-time and appears to not have progressed any? So, I do NOT think that the pressure gradient plays into this defect as some have theorized. Good luck!!

https://www.macmulkin.net/?utm_sourc...gn=gmb-website
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 12:53 PM   #4
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Macmulkin... ugh you can try they are very hit or burn a car in their parking lot. You can also try Quirk in Manchester, NH I do understand that's a haul.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 01:28 AM   #5
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Joey, please let us know how you make out...that’s total BS, It’s not YOUR problem that they don’t have someone in-house to replace top. They can outsource to someone that can. You paid for a warranty, they have to honor it. There’s a ton of companies in the yellow pages, hand them a list with good reviews...I for one wouldn’t trust the dealer to do a good job. BTW, if and when you do have it replaced, make sure that you tell them that the sheet metal is paper thin on the rear fenders...breathing on them can cause dimples.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 12:29 PM   #6
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
make sure that you tell them that the sheet metal is paper thin on the rear fenders...breathing on them can cause dimples.
Yeah, or shooting an unsecured pressure washer tip at it. Ooops
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 02:40 PM   #7
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
Yeah, or shooting an unsecured pressure washer tip at it. Ooops
Ouch!!
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convertible top problem!