#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 09-08-2016, 07:20 PM   #253
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Which "base" GT350? The old $50,000 one or the "new" base at 54,000? (Which has the TP as standard)
It's actually $56,770. Adding the electronics package ($3,000) brings it to $59,770.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 07:38 PM   #254
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
This may be the stupid post of the year award...what a complete idiot this guy is.

"PP sounds like something good when you say it. You can easily brag to a non car guy "I have the PP".

He thinks TP (toilet paper) and PP (penis) sounds better?
This can't be real??? Too funny!
Old 09-08-2016, 08:46 PM   #255
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Mustang Fanboy reminds me of the pill when he used to frequent the Camaro5 forum. They start out somewhat agreeable then the angry fanboyism shows. Notice the low post count. Beware!
Old 09-08-2016, 09:36 PM   #256
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
MSRP of the SS 1LE is $44,400...
It would also seem option wise, it lines up better with the 17 gt350 with tech pack, making the 1le 15k cheaper.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:16 PM   #257
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
Remember, the GT350R we are talking about in the Lightning Lap has no AC, no stereo, no exhaust resonators, no sound deadening and no back seats. Compare that to a C7 Grand Sport for the same street price and all the creature comforts, then look at the lap times.
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:33 PM   #258
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsoul View Post
Remember, the GT350R we are talking about in the Lightning Lap has no AC, no stereo, no exhaust resonators, no sound deadening and no back seats. Compare that to a C7 Grand Sport for the same street price and all the creature comforts, then look at the lap times.
No contest. Except for the price they're not really even comparable vehicles. I personally didn't even consider cross-shopping.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:45 PM   #259
AWOL

Drives: Future SS 1LE
How much faster than the regular GT350?
AWOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 02:32 AM   #260
KMK454

Drives: 91 B4C Camaro
Awesome!
KMK454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:50 AM   #261
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
No way are they on par, and the Mustangs wears much faster. I mean have you looked closely at the non MFT center stack?

Camaro also won a best interior for 2016 award from Wards Auto:
http://m.wardsauto.com/interiors/che...aro-fits-glove

The Mustang did not win the same in 2015...
Lol, you crack me up. Every back to back that has compared the two touts them as comparable. Personal preference aspects aside, quality of material is tottally on par between the two, like it or not. Both will show signs of wear on the bolsters after 30-50k miles and daily drive abuse...come back to me when yours does. The leather in both of these cars pales in comparison to Audi and BMW.

I hate posting magazine articles, but let's interior bench race.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/20...-ford-mustang/

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...e-specs-page-4

http://thesocialman.com/2016-mustang...016-camaro-ss/

I'm sure you can find articles touting the camaros interior as better, so let's just stop it here. The two are absolutely comparable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aestil View Post
I hate to wade into this debate, but I guess I will.

The way I see it is that things just don't line up perfectly like people may wish. This happens all the time in other industries, GPUs being a good example. Often you'll have competing products from two different manufacturers, but they are not priced the same, nor do they perform the same, so you have one option that is say $199, and it is a bit slower than a competing product from the other manufacturer, but that product is priced at $219. The consumer is left to decide which is the better value for them.

With these cars we have a similar situation.

I see it like this.

Mustang GT [base model] -> Has no real straight up comparison
Mustang GT [premium model] -> Has no real straight up comparison
Mustang GT PP -> 1 SS [Camaro has better performance, similar content]
Mustang GT Premium PP -> 2SS [Camaro has better performance, similar content]
No real performance comparison <- 1SS 1LE.

The mustang and camaro products just don't really line up.

I do think it's interesting that one can argue that a Camaro 1LT 1LE would be about as fast and have similar content to a Mustang GT PP [non-premium].

It's also interesting that the only competition for an SS 1LE is not a normal Mustang, but is in fact a 'special' car, and the 1LE is about the same performance as that car, for about $10-12k less [assuming you don't get the dealer marking up the GT350].

The MSRPs of these cars are staggered almost perfectly so that you can basically pick your price point and level of performance [depending on what you can afford].

Code:
$33,820 - Mustang GT
$36,815 - Mustang GT PP 
$37,820 - Mustang GT Premium
$37,900 - Camaro 1SS 
$40,815 - Mustang GT Premium PP
$42,900 - Camaro 2SS
$44,900 - Camaro 1SS 1LE
The cars that seem like they 'compare' to me are the Mustang GT PP and Camaro 1SS, [about $1k difference there], and GT Premium PP and 2SS [about $2k difference]. In both cases the Camaro has more performance and costs a bit more.

There is no 'base model' Mustang that comes even remotely close to the 1SS 1LE. In searching for some sort of similar performance Motor Trend is looking at the Cayman GT4 and M4 GTS [from a performance standpoint, not from a brand caché or interior quality etc]. I think we can all agree that the 'base' GT350 is right around 'as fast' as the SS 1LE is under most circumstances, and that the GT350R will need either a ZL1 or a Z/28 to have a proper comparison.

You guys are arguing semantics. Why? There are only facts. Base Mustang not a very good performance car, but maybe desirable for people based on personal preferences and pricing reasons. Base Camaro tremendous performance. 1LE Camaro incredible performance/$$ ratio. GT350R very fast car with neat tech which no current gen Camaro approaches in performance.
Great post...however, the base mustang is a great performance car....just not compared to the home run GM hit with the Camaro. It just goes to show how spoiled we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
I would not say that. There are over 750+ gt350 sitting on lots right now. So if there was such a demand, there would be a lot less considering only about 7500 have been built. Now look at the Vette. They have 1200+ 2016-2017 sitting at dealer including z06 and GS. They make way move vettes then gt350 yet there isn't much more sitting at dealers.
That would be the fault of dealers. Dealer markup ensures not all of these will be sold each year, as dealers are happy sitting on these for a year or two. I personally think Ford should not allow this to happen, as it does nothing but hurt enthusiasts and rewards collectors. A dealer by me has a new 2008 Shelby KR sitting in the lobby listed for over $100k. Just crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
His username is accurate, he is a fanboy. Logic need not apply, his blinders are on.

For enthusiasts, team Chevy is curb stomping the team Ford right now. Bad.
News flash, Chevy has been curb stomping team Ford for over 20 years. For the most part, mustang enthusiasts have no problems spending money on aftermarket upgrades to meet or beat the camaro. Ya'll argue that you're cars are faster stock, we all argue our cars are faster and cheaper after modding. The cycle never ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Mustang Fanboy reminds me of the pill when he used to frequent the Camaro5 forum. They start out somewhat agreeable then the angry fanboyism shows. Notice the low post count. Beware!
Haha, I won't be here forever. This debate is fun...for now..and my time is a bit too valuable to push my post count here up to 7K.

Last edited by Mustang Fanboy; 09-09-2016 at 06:02 AM.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:00 AM   #262
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
The "leather" seats in an Audi are pure crap.. The real stuff of course may be good.

Additionally, I hate loose leather, which I've seen too much of on new Mustangs.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:20 AM   #263
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
The "leather" seats in an Audi are pure crap.. The real stuff of course may be good.
Audi uses aniline leather. It doesn't get any higher quality than that.

Quote:
Additionally, I hate loose leather...
That's what he said.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:22 AM   #264
ChefBorOzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
Audi uses aniline leather. It doesn't get any higher quality than that.

That's what he said.
Girlfriend has a 2014 Audi.. The leather looks like crap. Maybe it's higher quality, but it looks like crap.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:54 AM   #265
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
It's actually $56,770. Adding the electronics package ($3,000) brings it to $59,770.
..and $1300 gas guzzler that everyone forgets.

Quote:
Girlfriend has a 2014 Audi.. The leather looks like crap. Maybe it's higher quality, but it looks like crap.
Are you sure it's leather? You have to pay extra for leather in many Audis and BMW's. They come with leatherette (high quality vinyl).

I had an A6, and my dad has an S5. Not impresses by the leather in either, very hard and unnatural looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
Lol, you crack me up. Every back to back that has compared the two touts them as comparable. Personal preference aspects aside, quality of material is tottally on par between the two, like it or not. Both will show signs of wear on the bolsters after 30-50k miles and daily drive abuse...come back to me when yours does. The leather in both of these cars pales in comparison to Audi and BMW.

I hate posting magazine articles, but let's interior bench race.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/20...-ford-mustang/

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...e-specs-page-4

http://thesocialman.com/2016-mustang...016-camaro-ss/

I'm sure you can find articles touting the camaros interior as better, so let's just stop it here. The two are absolutely comparable.

I said my friends looks like crap with well under the mileage you stated they may start to show wear. There are lots of leather issues on M6G. Plus, linking "the social man" and "digital trends" as your back up is comical, when I listed Wards Auto, who is highly respected in the auto industry. But, then again you are the same guy that doesn't think the GT PP and SS 1LE are direct competitors. Your username fits you quite well...

Last edited by SS 1LE; 09-09-2016 at 08:12 AM.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:08 AM   #266
ChefBorOzzy

Initially I said "leather".. No, the material in her car isn't real leather.. It looks way worse than in the Camaro. I also test drove an A6 a couple weeks ago and wasn't impressed, but the seats were exactly the same as hers. Not upgraded leather.