Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions


JUICEDMOTORSPORTS


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2018, 07:52 PM   #15
USAFS197

 
USAFS197's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Navarre, Florida
Posts: 1,232
Do you guys do different blower hats than the ones that say corvette on it? Also, if you guys could PM me with the price of this build overall, that would be awesome. I also have a 2018 1LE.
__________________
2018 Summit White Camaro SS 1LE - 475whp, 447wtq on a Dynocom AWD 5000-FX.
RotoFab CAI, Pray ported TB, Pray ported MSD, Pray 93 octane tune, ATI UD Pulley,
Kooks 2" catless headers, Flowmaster NPP axle back
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:44 AM   #16
asthmamax11
 
asthmamax11's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SS Summit White 6 speed
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 99
Heat soak spinning that little lt4 like that
__________________
16 1SS M6 White
Magnuson
Roto Fab
Solo Performance axle back
Basic suspension upgrades
Hurst pistol grip short shifter
Throttle controller
551/541


03 Jeep Wrangler
Daily Driver
asthmamax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:52 PM   #17
RideZX6R
The STIG's PNW cousin
 
RideZX6R's Avatar
 
Drives: 17 SS 1LE / 15 Sierra Crew
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Issaquah, WA
Posts: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by asthmamax11 View Post
Heat soak spinning that little lt4 like that
...at 9psi? which is stock IIRC

Not really.
__________________
-Seven
'17 Camaro SS 1LE MBM
'15 Sierra SLT Crew 4x4
RideZX6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:10 PM   #18
ADM PERFORMANCE
 
Drives: 2016 CAMARO SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DfW - Texas
Posts: 5,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
Do you guys do different blower hats than the ones that say corvette on it? Also, if you guys could PM me with the price of this build overall, that would be awesome. I also have a 2018 1LE.
They start at $6995 installed and tuned.Lids without corvette are $100 extra
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:50 PM   #19
ADM PERFORMANCE
 
Drives: 2016 CAMARO SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DfW - Texas
Posts: 5,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAMI2SSRS View Post
Thank you for sharing the info on this build. Awesome numbers!!

As per you description this is a 2018 1LE. I have a M6 1SS. If you don't mind me asking, what other parts/components would I needed to get this results or similar with my car?

Thanks in advance.

The only additional part you don't have is the 1LE FPCM and 1LE/ZL1 Fuel Pump in tank.

If you do the rest exactly as stated you will be fine.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:41 PM   #20
MIAMI2SSRS
 
MIAMI2SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Black 1SS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Miami
Posts: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
The only additional part you don't have is the 1LE FPCM and 1LE/ZL1 Fuel Pump in tank.

If you do the rest exactly as stated you will be fine.
Thank you for the information. I appreciate the it.
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS M6 with MRC and NPP.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
Albert Einstein
MIAMI2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:39 PM   #21
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB
 
Hard Parker's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Alpharetta GA
Posts: 1,472
Are you not worried about pistons?
__________________
2017 Camaro 1LE
Nightfall Gray Metallic
Rotofab Intake/Kooks Headers/ DMS E85 Flex Fuel Kit
469whp/488wtq on E85
Tuned by LSXperts
Follow my build on Camaro6: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484133
Follow me on IG: www.instagram.com/thehardparker


Hard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:16 PM   #22
ADM PERFORMANCE
 
Drives: 2016 CAMARO SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DfW - Texas
Posts: 5,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Parker View Post
Are you not worried about pistons?
No.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:28 PM   #23
RideZX6R
The STIG's PNW cousin
 
RideZX6R's Avatar
 
Drives: 17 SS 1LE / 15 Sierra Crew
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Issaquah, WA
Posts: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Parker View Post
Are you not worried about pistons?
Honestly it's the ring gap you worry about - not the pistons themselves
__________________
-Seven
'17 Camaro SS 1LE MBM
'15 Sierra SLT Crew 4x4
RideZX6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:41 PM   #24
Eldi Z
 
Drives: 16' Seat LeonFR 1.8T 17' SS_1LE_GBA
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: TLV
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideZX6R View Post
Honestly it's the ring gap you worry about - not the pistons themselves
So how to determine the ring gap on the OE pistons? Motor must be stripped and pistons removed to check the rings...
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:18 AM   #25
RideZX6R
The STIG's PNW cousin
 
RideZX6R's Avatar
 
Drives: 17 SS 1LE / 15 Sierra Crew
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Issaquah, WA
Posts: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldi Z View Post
So how to determine the ring gap on the OE pistons? Motor must be stripped and pistons removed to check the rings...
Most aren't doing the work themselves and figure "well if I'm pulling the pistons out anyways to do ring gap" - they pay for drop ins.

But the core issue is ring gap that is too tight and/or inconsistent
__________________
-Seven
'17 Camaro SS 1LE MBM
'15 Sierra SLT Crew 4x4
RideZX6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:31 AM   #26
KingLT1

 
KingLT1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: 46804
Posts: 1,302
Most of the failures that get blamed on the LT1's piston rings are actually due to not enough fuel supply. If you research hard and long enough, most failures have been around 600whp and the engine was still using the stock HPFP, Injectors, and Low side. The problem is on the Dyno the fuel supply looks good. However after a few long pulls out on the street, the engine pops a ring because pressure started dropping and injector pulse went above the safe threshold, so the increased heat pinched a ring.

I am not saying the LT1 does not have tight or inconsistent ring gaps, but the engine overall in most cases can handle some power when setup correctly. Do Not Skimp on the fuel system and it will be happy. Also do not rely strictly on Dyno tuning...get the car on the street and make some high gear pulls with a Data logger.
__________________
[2016 NFG 1SS A8][Leather/NPP][Pray Ported IM/TB/Rotofab/Flex Fuel/CA ORP]
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:37 AM   #27
RideZX6R
The STIG's PNW cousin
 
RideZX6R's Avatar
 
Drives: 17 SS 1LE / 15 Sierra Crew
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Issaquah, WA
Posts: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Most of the failures that get blamed on the LT1's piston rings are actually due to not enough fuel supply. If you research hard and long enough, most failures have been around 600whp and the engine was still using the stock HPFP, Injectors, and Low side. The problem is on the Dyno the fuel supply looks good. However after a few long pulls out on the street, the engine pops a ring because pressure started dropping and injector pulse went above the safe threshold, so the increased heat pinched a ring.

I am not saying the LT1 does not have tight or inconsistent ring gaps, but the engine overall in most cases can handle some power when setup correctly. Do Not Skimp on the fuel system and it will be happy. Also do not rely strictly on Dyno tuning...get the car on the street and make some high gear pulls with a Data logger.
Either way pistons are a safe drop in.

I'm gonna be likely above 650whp, so I did a full LT4 fuel system, cam fuel lobe, and pistons - So this scenario doesn't necessarily apply to me
__________________
-Seven
'17 Camaro SS 1LE MBM
'15 Sierra SLT Crew 4x4
RideZX6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:55 PM   #28
KingLT1

 
KingLT1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: 46804
Posts: 1,302
for sure...nothing wrong with doing pistons. I was just saying that more LT1 failures are due to lack of proper fuel system and not the Piston rings. I'm right behind you...just paid off my car, now I have to decide which way I want to go.
__________________
[2016 NFG 1SS A8][Leather/NPP][Pray Ported IM/TB/Rotofab/Flex Fuel/CA ORP]
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.