Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 06-25-2017, 01:18 PM   #57
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
GM customer care helped me out but it took a two week process of bugging them everynight. Keep on it bud they can find out more then the dealers.
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:56 PM   #58
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
Becky can't track Canadian orders. The dealer didn't order the car if he can't supply the order number.
Agreed.. I think that's why I asked him to meet with the person that he ordered the car and get it the order information.

If Becky can't track Canadian orders she still might know who to contact. She is pretty good at working the GM system.

Last edited by Memphis SS; 06-25-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:57 PM   #59
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitespeed View Post
Agreed. I've escalated the issue and am waiting for a response, which won't be until Monday at the earliest.

Nigrl
Good Luck, I hope you get some good news
Old 06-26-2017, 07:58 PM   #60
pkincy

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 ATS-V
Sometimes things work and sometimes they don't. In May of 97 I was leaving my favorite chebby dealership and saw the sales manager as I was walking to my car. I yelled across the lot to him to order me a 98 1LE. He said ok and continued walking, then turned around and said; "Oh, what color?" I said "Red." The second week of September he called me and said "your 1LE is here. What did we say you were gonna pay for it?" I said whatdya think? He said; "how about invoice?"

That is how it should work. Now here is another story from another situation I have some relationship with. Sat down at my club the other day and ordered lunch. An hour later I asked where lunch was. Turns out the Chef had thought my order had been made when it hadn't. In each case I had some standing with the organization. In one case what I wanted happened exactly like I wanted. In the other nothing happened. Somebody just made a small error. Not processing an order.

I am with the crowd that thinks that somehow your order was never entered just like my lunch. If you handle it right, the Buick dealer is going to feel bad and make it right to you on an 18. If you handle it right. This time get an order number.
pkincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:05 AM   #61
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitespeed View Post
To make a long story short, I have a 2017 1LE that's been stuck in QC for several weeks. All my dealer (working with VP of dealership) will tell me is that it 'doesn't look good,' implying that it may never clear QC. Is that even possible?

I can't believe how wrong this all seems to be going. This is the first new car I've ever bought and the firat time in my life I can afford to make a purchase like this. But, I'm somewhere around the 10 week mark now since ordering and it looks like the whole deal is about to fall apart. If I have to start over, I doubt I'll come close to getting the deal I originally negotiated, which will put the car outside of what I'm willing to spend.

It shouldn't be this hard to buy a car!

Nigel
From ordering to delivery took me 76 days due to QC issues. I did take it personally but shouldn't have. Also, a title at a dealership doesn't necessaryly mean they're knowledgeable or professional. Many are but not all. Also found that most don't "live and breathe" just for you. As the saying goes, sh** happens. Smile, you'll get your car.
Added Procharger supercharger.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:02 PM   #62
Whitespeed

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE & 1973 Datsun 240Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
Whitespeed, what happened? What's the status? Hoping for the best.
When I started this post, I was typing on my phone because I was on vacation, so I left out some details. Here’s the full story.

I was about to start negotiations with a dealership near my house in late March to buy a 2017 Summit White 1SS with the 1LE package as the only option. Around that time, I also happened to run into a friend that I haven’t seen in many years, and it turns out he’s a big gearhead, having bought and sold a number of American performance cars like a GT500 and a CTS-V, and his latest purchase was a 2017 Viper. I told him I want to buy an SS 1LE, so he tells me I should go through a friend of his who owns a number of dealerships and with whom he’s bought and sold all of his cars. Way better to deal with the owner than just a sales person he tells me. Makes sense, and I contact his guy, who then puts me in touch with the VP of his Buick dealer (he doesn’t have an actual Chev dealer in his network).

I figure I should still do my due diligence, so I also go to my local Chev dealer and in the end, both the Chev and Buick dealerships come back to me with identical offers. It was a tough decision, because the local Chev dealer worked really hard to get me the price I wanted, but in the end I went with the Buick dealer because, again I was told how much better it would be to work with higher ups in the dealership. I was assured that if there were any problems, I’d want to be dealing with them, and not just a sales person.

About six weeks later the VP of the Buick dealership tells me my car is still showing as pending in the system. So he calls around and finds me a 1LE that’s apparently just been built, but hasn’t left the factory yet, and is supposed to go to another Chev dealer. However, he's worked out a deal to get that car for me, and it should arrive in a couple of weeks. It has the stupidly overpriced $585CDN 1LE hash mark decal and wheel locks, but if I have to pay a little extra to get the car, then so be it, so I tell him to go for it. However, a couple of weeks go by, and no car. That’s when the whole “stuck in QC” debacle starts.

It was just before I went on vacation that I first learned that there may be an issue with the car being released from QC. Worried that this was really staring to go wrong, I happened to find an actual 1LE on the lot at another dealership. I told the Buick VP guy about it and he got in touch with them to see if something can be worked out. The Chev dealer wasn’t willing to trade the car to the Buick VP, but they’d let me buy it from them directly, ahead of other buyers that wanted it, and the Buick VP guy was happy to pass me off on to them. Sounds great, until I started talking about price. This Chev dealer wouldn’t take a penny off of MSRP. 2017 1LE’s with all of the incentives available are now hard to come by and there’s high demand for them. I said screw that, because I had negotiated a few thousand off of MSRP with the Buick guy. Figured I’d just wait for the other car to be released from QC hold, because it had to be released at some point, or so I thought. A week later, while I was on vacation, is when I was told it was never going to be released.

At that point, I went back to my friend and told him to talk to his buddy that owns the dealership and find out what the heck is going on because I feel like I'm getting the run-around with the Buick VP. It takes two weeks for the owner to finally get back to my friend, and of course, that doesn't really lead to anything. My friend just tells me to give the owner a call and speak to him directly, which I do. But he can't really explain any of what's happened and by then, it was pointless anyway. He told me he'd see what else he can do, but I'm not holding out hope. The 2017's and all the incentives that went with them are gone. The deal I negotiated is worthless.

Ironically, if I gone with the lowly salesperson at the actual Chev dealer that I had worked out an identical deal with I'd probably have a car by now, because that dealership had a track record of selling 1LE's.

I still can't believe it's gone down like this.

Nigel
Whitespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:13 PM   #63
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Thanks for the update.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote