Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-15-2016, 02:15 PM   #1
Goodheart

Drives: 2017 50th SS Vert
2.25% advertising add-on to invoice price for 2017 Camaro?

I have managed to get invoice price for my 2017 Camaro order from a local dealer but when I compared invoice prices to online information, I was coming up with a difference. I was told that there is 2.25% advertising on top of the real invoice price. Anyone run into this issue when ordering and/or is this based on geographic area?
Goodheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 03:01 PM   #2
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Based on geographic area. Highest I have seen is 2.5% in areas like Los Angeles. Lowest (0%) in areas such as Montana. These dealers are easy to find using trial and error: drive to the nearest mountainous area and when cell phone reception is lost, go to the nearest Chevrolet dealership.

The fees are added to Invoice Pricing as an itemized item and I have been told are included in MSRP.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:26 AM   #3
Goodheart

Thanks Laborsmith. I hadn't heard of that before so wasn't sure whether that was high or not.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:24 PM   #4
AdvanSuper

Drives: 1SS HBM w/MRC NPP
Find a different dealer or buy out of state. Sure, some people will say "it's only 2.25", but advert money should come out of their pocket, not the consumer. Their investment in marketing/advertisements is what (probably not for a Camaro) got the customer into the door and that is a risk you take. I think it's bullshit to turn around and charge the customer for you advert/marketing fees.

Imagine if everything you bought had a fee applied to pay for their ****ing marketing budget...
AdvanSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:10 PM   #5
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvanSuper View Post
Find a different dealer or buy out of state. Sure, some people will say "it's only 2.25", but advert money should come out of their pocket, not the consumer. Their investment in marketing/advertisements is what (probably not for a Camaro) got the customer into the door and that is a risk you take. I think it's bullshit to turn around and charge the customer for you advert/marketing fees.

Imagine if everything you bought had a fee applied to pay for their ****ing marketing budget...
This, so much this.

The dealer's participation in these programs makes them eligible for incentives and bonuses from GM. The fact that they want you to pay for it while they also get the incentives from GM is a total deal breaker for me.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:04 AM   #6
Goodheart

Thankfully, I was able to obtain supplier pricing on the vehicle I ordered and was told I won't be paying the advertising fee due to that fact.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:11 PM   #7
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodheart View Post
Thankfully, I was able to obtain supplier pricing on the vehicle I ordered and was told I won't be paying the advertising fee due to that fact.
That is what happened to me...I was able to get invoice pricing from my long time dealer, but they would not budge with the fees for advertising, ended up using my supplier pricing plus a few rebates/discounts, ended up savings thousands off MSRP...and that was back in December, one of the 1st '16s built.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote