Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-02-2016, 12:30 PM   #71
andrec10

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6SP/Suby Legacy 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
I've had a couple of friends saying it was dumb to buy such an expensive car.
Are you sure they are friends? Its your money...do want you want! They don't get the car thing....

Its Here! Finally came home on 3-31-16! Red Hot 2SS,6 Speed, NPP, MRC, Adrenaline Red interior, Silver Rally Stripes, NAV, Sunroof, 56W Split Spoke Wheels, Body color Hood vents, Body color Splash Guards and winter protection package.

Ordered 1-28-16: 1100
2-11-2016 :2000
2-15-2016: 3000 TPW of 3/7...That went quick!
2-26-2016: 3400 Status TPW 3/7
3-5-2016 : 3800
3-8-2016 : 4300
3-11-2016 : 4B00
3-15-2016 : 4200
3-22-2016 : 4800
3-29-2016 : 6000!
andrec10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 04:51 PM   #72
Netslave
GM paint evaluation dept

Drives: Too many to list
We live outside a major city and while it's not the sticks it is a rural area which is very much ford country. We aren't originally from here so we talk differently which leads to a lot of yankee this and yankee that comments. We take solace in the fact we both have a full set of our natural teeth. With that said we have driven the car about an equal amount of time and had the ever popular "f**k gubmint motors" and "f**k chevy" as the mensa member drives away to his job at Wendy's in his smoking body kit clad '96 6 cyl Mustang. There have been multiple attempts to encourage a street race from everything from civics to a 5th gen that was obviously super charged. Our neighbor is a GM for a BMW dealer and he said he was actually impressed with the car. Have gotten the appreciation nod/smile from a couple of CTS V's and a jag owner. I had a guy at a gas station ask me if it was a new corvette last week.

- A GM factory custom orange and mosaic black striped 2016 SS 2SS
- U̶n̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ Officially the worst Mosaic Black paint on a 2016 Camaro SS 2SS

See him here -

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...3M&usp=sharing
Netslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 05:08 PM   #73
z28guy30

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netslave View Post
We live outside a major city and while it's not the sticks it is a rural area which is very much ford country. We aren't originally from here so we talk differently which leads to a lot of yankee this and yankee that comments. We take solace in the fact we both have a full set of our natural teeth. With that said we have driven the car about an equal amount of time and had the ever popular "f**k gubmint motors" and "f**k chevy" as the mensa member drives away to his job at Wendy's in his smoking body kit clad '96 6 cyl Mustang. There have been multiple attempts to encourage a street race from everything from civics to a 5th gen that was obviously super charged. Our neighbor is a GM for a BMW dealer and he said he was actually impressed with the car. Have gotten the appreciation nod/smile from a couple of CTS V's and a jag owner. I had a guy at a gas station ask me if it was a new corvette last week.
That's Grr-reat! I have not had anyone try to race me yet, but a guy in a yellow Corvette raced my wife when she was driving it. She said they were side by side before they stopped due to upcoming traffic. She also said it was a newer model, but that could mean C6 or C7.

Last edited by z28guy30; 04-02-2016 at 06:01 PM.
z28guy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 05:21 PM   #74
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
I get compliments every day. All good. Yeah, I have had a few 5th gen owners give me dirty looks. Which I find rather amusing to say the very least. I passed a red 5th gen at a gas station and they turned their heads to look at my hyper blue. They were cool about everything. I circled back again so they could get a closer look. We both drove out of the gas station together and along side for a bit. Except their car had cylinder 7 and cylinder 8 and just drove off.
I dont believe 5th gen owners gave you "Dirty Looks " Every Camaro owner I ever me meet are cool no matter what Gen they owned from 1st-5th, Could be the dark shades you were wearing in the dark
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 05:33 PM   #75
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netslave View Post
We live outside a major city and while it's not the sticks it is a rural area which is very much ford country. We aren't originally from here so we talk differently which leads to a lot of yankee this and yankee that comments. .
Same situation here only we're in Chevy Country. The Camaro is a lot less ostentatious than my old C7. I actually prefer it that way..Just say NO to redneck racing..
Old 04-02-2016, 05:45 PM   #76
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Mostly compliments, but overall a lot of questions. I had one negative remark at a stop light from a Mustang owner and I promptly put him in my rear view mirror without much effort. The look on his face was priceless and in turn was a nice compliment.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:03 PM   #77
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
I dont believe 5th gen owners gave you "Dirty Looks " Every Camaro owner I ever me meet are cool no matter what Gen they owned from 1st-5th, Could be the dark shades you were wearing in the dark
MBS,
READ the other threads on this forum. There have been other instances that 6th gen owners have been treated this way. Call it jealousy or whatever. But, it exists.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:06 PM   #78
z28guy30

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
MBS,
READ the other threads on this forum. There have been other instances that 6th gen owners have been treated this way. Call it jealousy or whatever. But, it exists.
There was some 4th gen LS1 Camaro owners like that when the 5th gen came out.
z28guy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:11 PM   #79
T_B

Drives: 2016 2SS
Mostly compliments, but one hater that sat on my car did say "hmm, inside is kind of plain, like most American cars". I just chuckled to myself because the interior of my 2SS is much better than interior of the imports(C-class Benz and a 528i) we have parked in our driveway. Honestly, i like the inside of this car more than any other car me or my family has owned.

edit: Oh and one of my neighbors was walking by my house with his wife and said "oh that's KIND OF fun". He's a Ford guy, has two mustangs and some crappy ford hatchback. I think i'm going to have to shit on his GT's sometime in the near future for his little backhanded compliment.
T_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:31 PM   #80
ShortBlock
Camaros of NorthWest Ohio

Drives: 2012 LS
Nothin but awesome things my way..the police even follow us around till we stop and then tell us how awesome it is...we get thumbs up from them when were just drivin around...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
2012 ls 20in rims,cai,oil catch can,throttle body spacer,billet grill,axle back exhaust,vitesse throttle control,red oracle headlight halos, red oracle afterburner taillights,blacked out windows,oem strutt tower brace polished and painted
ShortBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:16 PM   #81
Eroc23

Drives: 2016 LT Hyper Blue V6 RS
I get the following:

Random cars honking at me, with a thumbs up out the window
People in parking lots, "Wow, is that the new Camaro? Nice car!"
People walking by my house while I'm washing "Beautiful car, sir!"
Cars stuck in traffic the other way, the driver is taking pictures of my car.
Early model Camaro drivers slowing down to make sure I see their 'thumbs up'.
4-cylinder weed whacker cars trying to race me.

I would say one of the above happens 6 out of 7 days of the week, for the past three months I have owned this car. Absolutely incredible. The amount of head turning, pointing, and jaw dropping I witness as I pass people is unreal.
Eroc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 12:35 AM   #82
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Today was crazy.

70 degrees... Beautiful spring day. I had to run a few errands and was rolling around with my windows down. I had a woman at a mass transit stop, holler and dance at my car. I heard a lot of random meep meep honks that seemed to be directed at nothing. Had a couple walking out of Home Depot and the woman said to me "that's a sexy car". Got and gave a mutual wave with a younger neighbor that has a nice tastefully modded BRZ.

And the big kicker! Had a guy in a nice clean blacked out Challenger R/T stop in the middle of the street (he had the right of way and I was at a stop sign). He came to a complete stop, rolled down the window and said: "I just want to hear it." I hollered back: "it's just a V6." He said "I don't care". So I dropped the hammer and put the car a bit sideways and grabbed 2nd.

Crazy enough when I was coming home we met at that same corner and he said "sounds pretty good and looks really good". And I said well it's got nothing on your V8 and he said well you don't want my gas mileage.

It was great bumping into a car guy both coming and going in such a random situation.
Old 04-03-2016, 06:40 AM   #83
moonrider

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFM-jr View Post
Drove my 2016 STI for 6 months and traded it in for this Camaro. I have received 10X the amount of compliments in the 3 weeks I have had the Camaro then the STI.
I had a 2013 STI and that car always got attention. Just about every time I got gas someone wanted to check it out.
moonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:24 AM   #84
ShortBlock
Camaros of NorthWest Ohio

Drives: 2012 LS
Runnin on the ohio turnpike had a guy almost crash his car while taking pictures... lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
2012 ls 20in rims,cai,oil catch can,throttle body spacer,billet grill,axle back exhaust,vitesse throttle control,red oracle headlight halos, red oracle afterburner taillights,blacked out windows,oem strutt tower brace polished and painted
ShortBlock is offline   Reply With Quote