Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-01-2016, 09:17 AM   #43
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
looks nothing like a mustang
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:20 AM   #44
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
I haven't really had a chance to talk with a 6th Gen owner yet! Haven't seen too many of them on the road here in the Midwest

They are pretty sharp though!

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:21 AM   #45
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
I've got two huge compliments from strangers (sort of) this week. One guy was on a GSXR and was asking all kinds of questions about it. Ended up taking him on a quick spin in it because he said he wants a fun car for when he cant ride his bike. He really liked it. I seriously wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Camaro.

Second was a WOMAN coworker. Was telling me all about her 370Z and that she just loved the new Camaro. Said that once her baby is out of the car seat and into a booster she wants to get one. That really surprised me.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:45 AM   #46
FlightSoftware

Drives: '95 Corvette, '06 Mustang, 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck_dawg_gold View Post
I get weird conversation.
I don't know you people.... -Finish gassing car and promise myself to never be that friendly again.-
Sucks, but yes. This. There are questions you just don't ask (or answer) if you don't know someone. I try to remember that if I'm tempted to offer a comment. "Hey, nice car." is probably always welcome. "Hey, that looks expensive. You must be rich. How much did it cost?" is not.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:51 AM   #47
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
the younger gens will ask anything. Down here in Fort Lauderdale where the Ferrari dealer has a nicer facility than the Chevy dealers, most people do not notice cars. A GT40 hardly gets looks. The most I ever get is someone walking by that says "nice car". I get more people asking "how I got it that shiny"...LOL
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:59 AM   #48
FlightSoftware

Drives: '95 Corvette, '06 Mustang, 2LT RS
I've not had as many comments as I've had drivers turn aggressive. Latest I was heading up a long on-ramp (two lane) behind some guys going really slow. I wasn't tailgating (I find backing off really reduces the road rash). Ramp opens up from one lane to two, so I go to pass. Idiot swerves over to block me. I back off and try again, same thing.

I've had half a dozen events like this in the month I've owned it. Didn't happen in the '06 mustang. Not sure what's going on.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:14 AM   #49
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightSoftware View Post
I've not had as many comments as I've had drivers turn aggressive. Latest I was heading up a long on-ramp (two lane) behind some guys going really slow. I wasn't tailgating (I find backing off really reduces the road rash). Ramp opens up from one lane to two, so I go to pass. Idiot swerves over to block me. I back off and try again, same thing.

I've had half a dozen events like this in the month I've owned it. Didn't happen in the '06 mustang. Not sure what's going on.
We have ramps like that here, and it does seem to agitate people when you try to go around them on ramps.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:17 AM   #50
RazorbackSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, Black, 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by davet435 View Post
I definitely see a lot of heads turning. About half the Mustang guy will turn their heads real quick when you catch them looking. Lol
Attached Images

RazorbackSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:24 AM   #51
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
I get lots of thumbs up / waves / "nice car" etc. I always say "thanks", etc.

I also get a lot of younger drivers flying up on my ass for whatever reason. Truck, car, or motorcycle doesn't matter. I guess I should take it as a compliment but all I can really think of if I have to hit the brakes they're going end up in my trunk. There's a kid around here who's got a new Lexus RC-F and he drives like an asshat to get closer to me the last two times he's been going my way. Last time there was one car between us and he was weaving back and forth behind the guy, riding on his ass.

I saw a white Gen 6 going the opposite way on 38S south of Lowell and I gave the driver a thumbs up out the window and he just stared back at me. Heh.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:40 AM   #52
Brutus2

Drives: White 2016 Camaro SS 1ss A/8 MR NPP
Had a few co-workers give it the thumbs up, here in rural Texas its kinda hard for people to appreciate a vehicle if it isn't 4-wheel drive... Even had a guy with a tricked out, lifted Rubicon that has never been offroad imply that my SS was an impractical car....

I do have the problem with random people in random types of cars stomping on the gas as they pass me, tailgate/rev up....kinda weird the attention that this car has garnered....more negative/hostile than positive. Good thing I bought the car for what it can do and not what people think about it.
Brutus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:50 AM   #53
Phidelt59

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I actually have gotten nothing but compliments on mine. Most people really love the hyper blue color. They know it's a Camaro but they can tell it's new from the front end. I've even had a guy pretty much stop me in traffic to find out what I was driving. I had a mustang guy at a car wash admit he liked it more than his new GT. I told him to trade it in.
Black 5 Spoke
Phidelt59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:54 AM   #54
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Took me a while to figure out "notes" is some weird term for payments. Never heard it referred to that way.
I was scratching my head at that one too. I was thinking that they were asking how much money you make.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:55 AM   #55
G-10

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS
I get lots of compliments, about the car and the color!
Old 04-01-2016, 11:54 AM   #56
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
You couldn't be more wrong.....Maybe where you're from...But not this 50 something lady. I've only owned T/A's and Camaro SS most of my life. Most of my girlfriends have a 5th gen or 6th Gen SS, and a few have the new Stingray Z06. The car speaks to whomever is listening, be it men or women, and yes I love puppies and kittens too, but I am a lady gearhead and proud of it.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote