Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-06-2016, 11:17 AM   #1
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Service Dept Shenanigans

Learnt a few more things from C6 this week.

Morale of the story: 315/35 rub on the driver side rear because of the wire harness.

Traded in my Gen 5 last Thursday, I asked that the dealership swap over my Vossen VFS1s as part of the transaction.

Initially I was told that it wouldn't work, then I was told that tire pressure monitoring wouldn't work. A quick call to Paul@NFSM and I was able to square it away.

So the dealership then swaps the tires/wheels and puts in new TPMS ($350).

Next day I pick up the Gen 6, drive off the lot and hear a rubbing side driver side rear. Back the car goes over the July 4th weekend.

Tues, I hear back from service and am told I need different sized tires (305/30/20) in the rear because they are rubbing (315/35/20), but the fronts will look odd so best to replace all four. I knew that my tires were almost done for anyway, so I agree.

Replacement PZeros are ~$1900 and are about a week out. So I call Tire Rack, buy the same for $1200 and they are being delivered to the dealership today (install $120).

This is what is pushing me to the edge, I found a thread by Sledgehammer were reallocating the wire harness will prevent the rubbing and I could have driven my tires for at least ~2000 miles, not to mention, I would have had my car on Friday.

The service department should have known all this and offered several options from the beginning.

Kudos to Paul@NFSM for helping me in a pinch and here is the thread from Sledgehammer:
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449791