Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #1
CamaroSSRSL99
Heartbeat of America

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS, 1967 Camaro
2010 Camaro SS Driver Side Window Screeching

My Camaro started having driver side window screeching about a year after I bought her new. The screeching happens about the last inch at the top before the window rolls up or down. It also happens every time I open and close my door. I have a scratch line almost from the top to bottom of the window.

I have had it at the shop a couple of times 1-2 years ago. Now it is in the shop for the 5th time in 3 months to fix this problem. The first couple of times they just lubed it and that wore off before I even got home. The other two times, they replaced the window seal. I had to take it back after the first window seal replacement because they cracked the side seal cap and the whole window seal was popped up about a 1/4 inch. This was noticed before I even left service. Second window seal replacement and the door panel keeps popping out. At the shop again. Let me note, each time they have lubed the heck out of it. That last for a maximum of 5-7 days.

I was told that it is a common problem with the window seal causing this noise. I asked is it a common problem for the noise to cause the long scratch in my window tint? I am waiting for the dealership to contact me (again) and let me know if they have found a TSB on it. I am very active in the Camaro community and no one that I have spoken to has this problem or has heard of it. I am afraid, I will have to deal with this problem even though I find it very unacceptable for a $38K vehicle.

Here is a video of the problem. Any suggestions?