Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-01-2024, 11:49 AM   #29
Katech_Mike

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddawg53 View Post
I've decided to go with a 416 katech short block and their track day camshaft. Cost wise I think it was the best move and I'm pretty confident in katech. I'm going to install the LT4 fuel system to make sure it doesn't run lean. I'm going to reuse my current LT1 heads that have been worked but installing new valve springs. New BMR engine mounts, ATI damper, all the goodies...

I'm curious if I should invest in a 103mm throttle body or stick with the 95mm I have. Any insight would be appreciated ... And if a 103 then which intake tubing do you use with that large of a throttle body? Thanks
Shoot me a message when your ready. We have pistons on order for the next batch of higher compression N/A 416 shortblocks now.
Katech_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 01:07 PM   #30
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
If I am building a 416 then I want to utilize all the potential airflow capabilities.

my course of action would be -> Higher Flowing heads, Ported MSD, 103tb, and a Rotofab big gulp or 5" intake of some sort.

Thanks for your response. I'll have to start looking for the 103 TB
Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 01:08 PM   #31
Baddawg53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katech_Mike View Post
Shoot me a message when your ready. We have pistons on order for the next batch of higher compression N/A 416 shortblocks now.
Thanks, I already called and placed the order. Lead time supposedly 8 weeks. Hopefully its sooner.
Old 02-16-2024, 04:19 PM   #32
Baddawg53

Alright, so I've ordered a bunch of stuff, and I'm looking for feedback. Have I ordered anything that is wrong? Missing something that I should be replacing? Here's my list

Katech 416 NA short block, fully forged, 11.5:1 compression
LT4 injectors, in tank and high pressure pumps, and fuel lines
ATI balancer
BTR 660 dual springs/seals
Katech oil pump
NW 103 T/B
JLT 5 inch cold air intake
Katech LT1 track day camshaft
I have a year old set of Johnson 2110r lifters that seem ok, but with the metal that went through the system I am thinking those should be replaced like I'm doing with the oil cooler.

I already have an MSD unported manifold and 1 7/8 kooks headers and exclusively run E85. I plan on buying a new OEM clutch because I don't think I'll exceed it's capabilities

I expect to make over 600whp, considering I was at 550whp with the stock bottom end. Thoughts? Suggestions?
Old 02-17-2024, 05:55 PM   #33
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Alright, so I've ordered a bunch of stuff, and I'm looking for feedback. Have I ordered anything that is wrong? Missing something that I should be replacing? Here's my list

Katech 416 NA short block, fully forged, 11.5:1 compression
LT4 injectors, in tank and high pressure pumps, and fuel lines
ATI balancer
BTR 660 dual springs/seals
Katech oil pump
NW 103 T/B
JLT 5 inch cold air intake
Katech LT1 track day camshaft
I have a year old set of Johnson 2110r lifters that seem ok, but with the metal that went through the system I am thinking those should be replaced like I'm doing with the oil cooler.

I already have an MSD unported manifold and 1 7/8 kooks headers and exclusively run E85. I plan on buying a new OEM clutch because I don't think I'll exceed it's capabilities

I expect to make over 600whp, considering I was at 550whp with the stock bottom end. Thoughts? Suggestions?
If I were you. I'd bump up compression abit.
A combination of a thin gasket and milling the heads a little will get you to 12.5:1 compression. Will be fine on pump gas, and respond well to E85.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 08:47 AM   #34
Baddawg53

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
If I were you. I'd bump up compression abit.
A combination of a thin gasket and milling the heads a little will get you to 12.5:1 compression. Will be fine on pump gas, and respond well to E85.
I thought about this actually, decided on a slightly thinner gasket but I want to measure the piston to valve clearance before deciding on any other changes.
Old 02-20-2024, 09:44 AM   #35
Katech_Mike

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
I thought about this actually, decided on a slightly thinner gasket but I want to measure the piston to valve clearance before deciding on any other changes.
It's going to have a mile of clearance with the aftermarket forged pistons.

Milling .006 nets roughly 1cc of volume if you want to do some rough calculations.
Katech_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 09:07 PM   #36
Baddawg53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katech_Mike View Post
It's going to have a mile of clearance with the aftermarket forged pistons.

Milling .006 nets roughly 1cc of volume if you want to do some rough calculations.
Great to know I'll have plenty of clearance. Thanks for those rough calculations.