Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-16-2021, 09:02 PM   #15
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
OP,

Get a smaller/medium dog that doesn't shed much and you will be fine as long as you come to terms that the car will get dirty.. i mean if you don't have another car and you ought to have a dog, then just do it eyes wide open. I agree with many here. I wouldn't let my dogs in my Camaro but I have other cars so it's a no brainer unless life or death type of situation...

The more I see life passing by the more i realize that memories with loved ones including pets are priceless so enjoy life with you dog in the Camaro.. later when you get rid of the Camaro, you will remember all those memories, not how dirty the car was

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2021, 09:04 PM   #16
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyhamster View Post
The Camaro is the only car I have so the dog goes in it every now and then.

I have a Blue Heeler/Lab mix and it took a few trips to get him used to going into the car, but he jumps in when the door opens now.

I always have the back seat down and he likes to crawl and lay in the trunk.

Its taken a little more work to get the dog hair out of the car, but hes not chewing or scratching it up at all, so I will keep bringing him in it until I get a truck.
For those of you worry about the hair, i found this incredibly helpful

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0764MC2ZH...CJ59706F40KDTG

It's amazing how that detailing tool remove stubborn hair

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2021, 09:42 PM   #17
S.Macias
Monterey County Camaros

Drives: 2016 Camaro
This guy comes to work with me Monday through Friday. Once we get the keys to our new house in October he'll stay home with the other dogs. Just too little right now.
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2021, 11:49 PM   #18
mrgoodwrench
The Wicked Jester

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Macias View Post
This guy comes to work with me Monday through Friday. Once we get the keys to our new house in October he'll stay home with the other dogs. Just too little right now.
Congrats on the new guy - we have a 16lb Bijan Friese Rescue that knows how to jump into the front seat, head to the back seat and then turn around and sit on the armrest like your dog. I put down a towel on my armrest for my car, my wife does not - but it is her car. He lays on the backseat/armrest and puts his head on my forearm while I drive and put his paw out when I stop the car (too funny). We also purchased 2 Dog Tethers that clip into the rear seatbelt for the cars - he is trained to wait for us to clip him in before heading out of the car. Since both cars are convertibles we were concerned that he may jump out or in the event of a wreck - fly out - the tethers have some elastic built in and are adjustable.

Ours look a lot like this - and recommend that it contains an elastic portion to allow some spring to the tether:

Once in the car he just lays there - he is the same way on our boat. If he is too tired he curls up in the back seat and goes to sleep.

He has been through 4 Camaros (3 mine / 1 wife) along with her 3 Sebring / 200S convertibles so he is used to the wind and fresh air.

We did purchase wind restrictors (from the vendor on this site) to help with the backflow and I keep a towel to wrap him up if it is cold as I will drive with the top down into the 40's.

For those who are fortunate to have alternate vehicles - awesome - if your dog is too big for the car - then that would be a good excuse to not put them in it. We decided on a smaller dog - the Bijan Rescue - when both of our dogs passed away in 2011 (85lb lab mix + 3.5lb Long Hair Chihuahua.) The lab mix did not fit well on the boat either...
Old Car: 2010 Camaro Inferno Orange 2LT/RS
mrgoodwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 05:36 AM   #19
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
I tried it once and will not do it again. We have an English Lab and she sheds like there is no tomorrow. I have a seat protector in my Tahoe, but there really isn't anything you can put in the Camaro. The hair gets everywhere and is a next to impossible to clean up in the Camaro. I'll keep her in the Tahoe when we want to take her with us. Will not put her in the Camaro again. It's funny, when she now sees me get into the Tahoe she knows she's going somewhere. When she sees me in the Camaro, she knows she's not.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 05:37 AM   #20
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
No dog, nor do I want one. And if I did, it wouldn’t be allowed in or near the SS. The Sierra maybe.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 06:21 AM   #21
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
On occasion, I do take my 125 pound German Shepperd with me in my ZL1.

But as others have stated, he fits better in my truck...
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2021, 09:17 AM   #22
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Thanks for the replies. I will make it work with the Camaro. If I got a 2nd vehicle, just for a dog, I’d probably never drive the Camaro so there would be no point in owning one. I’d probably get a 30lb or less dog anyway.

Already have the dog seat belt that connected to his harness in the back seat for vet visits. It works great. He just laid down in his bed back there. He also was a non shedding breed.
Old 08-17-2021, 09:26 AM   #23
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoodwrench View Post
Congrats on the new guy - we have a 16lb Bijan Friese Rescue that knows how to jump into the front seat, head to the back seat and then turn around and sit on the armrest like your dog. I put down a towel on my armrest for my car, my wife does not - but it is her car. He lays on the backseat/armrest and puts his head on my forearm while I drive and put his paw out when I stop the car (too funny). We also purchased 2 Dog Tethers that clip into the rear seatbelt for the cars - he is trained to wait for us to clip him in before heading out of the car. Since both cars are convertibles we were concerned that he may jump out or in the event of a wreck - fly out - the tethers have some elastic built in and are adjustable.

Ours look a lot like this - and recommend that it contains an elastic portion to allow some spring to the tether:

Once in the car he just lays there - he is the same way on our boat. If he is too tired he curls up in the back seat and goes to sleep.

He has been through 4 Camaros (3 mine / 1 wife) along with her 3 Sebring / 200S convertibles so he is used to the wind and fresh air.

We did purchase wind restrictors (from the vendor on this site) to help with the backflow and I keep a towel to wrap him up if it is cold as I will drive with the top down into the 40's.

For those who are fortunate to have alternate vehicles - awesome - if your dog is too big for the car - then that would be a good excuse to not put them in it. We decided on a smaller dog - the Bijan Rescue - when both of our dogs passed away in 2011 (85lb lab mix + 3.5lb Long Hair Chihuahua.) The lab mix did not fit well on the boat either...
Nice. Fyi it’s “Bichon Frise”. Mine was 17yrs old.
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2021, 02:30 PM   #24
joekd

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS vert
Most of the time when I have my dog with me I have a spare car I use (I even call it her car)

There are times I take her along to cruise nights though, she doesn't really like riding with the top up but as soon as you put it down she loves the wind everywhere and being able to see in all directions

Just so she is safe I have one of the adapters that click to her harness then into the seat belt so I know there is no danger of her getting out of the car while moving
Old 08-17-2021, 02:54 PM   #25
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Scratches on the door panel and nail punctures in the leather can't be fixed. If you don't mind that risk, go for it.

I've had dogs all my life. Never been a period that I didn't have a dog, mostly Australian Shepherds and Border Collies.

I couldn't live with scratches in my panels.

As far as dog hair removal goes, I am a pro detailer and I can get all pet hair out, so that's not a concern. The best pet hair removal tools are a very powerful vacuum (I use MetroVac) and your fingers.

Last edited by KirkH; 08-17-2021 at 03:11 PM.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 03:14 PM   #26
DriftNDraft

Drives: 2020 1SS 1LE M6 was 2018 V6 RS A8
I've been rereading these posts with "dog" replaced by "wife". Kinda entertaining.
DriftNDraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 05:17 PM   #27
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftNDraft View Post
I've been rereading these posts with "dog" replaced by "wife". Kinda entertaining.
No matter how hard you try to train her, you will never keep her feet off the dash.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 06:24 PM   #28
IN2HNTN

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Redline
I've only had the SS for about a month now, but the dog (a lab) will not get in. Tried with the back seat up and folded down and he is just not comfortable with it. I have not forced him in. I have both a truck and a SUV that he rides in. The more I think about it, the SS may just end up being a human only vehicle.
IN2HNTN is offline   Reply With Quote