Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-24-2017, 06:49 PM   #1
Blazin383

Drives: 2016 SS
Freakin Road Debris!!

Washed my car this weekend and noticed my grill looked odd. Looked a little closer and I see one of the horizontal bars of the honeycomb grill is missing. Look a little closer still and I see the below PVC fitting laying behind the grill against my radiator! I have no idea how or when it happened, but it's hard to believe I didn't hear it. My wife drives the Camaro about 60 miles round trip at freeway speeds 4 days a week, and she didn't hear it.... but then she tends to enjoy the excellent stereo system in the car! Fortunately there was no sign of an impact on the radiator!

Blazin383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:07 PM   #2
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
She had the music really high up or is lying lol
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:26 PM   #3
BH1

Drives: 2016 2SS M6
That sucks! At least no damage to the bumper or radiator. I can't imagine not hearing that, even with the stereo turned up. Blown speakers might be your next repair.
BH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:29 PM   #4
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
Looks like its a fragile piece. A bird couldve done that and you'd never hear or notice it happen while driving.
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:05 PM   #5
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
that's too bad. best to keep distance from the car in front of you

some people will actually drive in debris just to get some to flick back at you. I have also had people clean their windshield on the freeway then laugh when I go around them

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:04 PM   #6
Odd Jobb

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
You know...I am so sick and tired of PRICK DRIVERS! As the comment above @CamaroBody, I totally understand where you're coming from! The same thing has happened to me! I was picking up my customized plates today at the local DMV and noticed the guy in front of me not braking but totally just letting his car slow down on a 40mph zone where I was literally going 17mph.

I happened to roll my window down and leaned out to see if there were cars in front creating a problem for him but nope not at all not one......So he was doing this shit on purpose being a total dick! I'm sick of SAD SACKS on the road all miserable and shit out here in Kalifornistan! I hate it......They're EVERYWHERE like fly's on poop and it's very irritating!

I try to make my mornings, afternoons and evenings positive but I always seem to run into bumper humpers, jerksticks who slow down on purpose just to stall you while it more than likely gives me satisfaction because they're having a shit filled day.

I'm so tired of people also driving 20 under the limit then when they see you go to the right to pass they speed up but most of the time they can't because of the power our vehicles produce! So many out here .....So many unhappy sad sacks with a stick up their ass driving and making it a miserable experience for everyone else...PRICKS!

Man you should see the local DMV Office here where I live (I'm sure it's the same for your location too). Everyone seemed to unhappy roflmao...I was thinking to myself "Damn, everyone is always in such a shit mood where they look like they hate their life!"...Sad really! I can't wait to move out of here...

ON A POSITIVE NOTE: It's always nice to come across fellow Car Enthusiasts who appreciate nice cars! I came across a C63 AMG owner last night who had his car totally decked out and modified and he loved the Camaro! With my new setup, my car sounds very similar to an AMG (deep growl). The sad part on the positive note is that I run into "ZERO F'S GIVEN people" like 50 to 1 out here in Cali...You know when they're driving a Shit Box or a Prius with a Tail Light out of service, they could give two shits about nice cars not to mention they have dings on their doors all over.... :rolls eyes bigly:

Does anyone know if GM sells specific PIECES of the SS grill? One piece has come sort of loose and wants to pop off.
Honestly Brother, I think it's the car!!! Every time I drive her, some anal bead thinks it's time to slow Mr. Hotrod down!!! Or slide up beside another node and slow down, so you're NOT getting around??? I say eff them Yugo drivein beathches,,,
Odd Jobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:40 PM   #7
Oldfart

Drives: Silverado, V-70 R
Warranty repair for sure! That sucks.
Oldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:41 PM   #8
Blazin383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
Warranty repair for sure! That sucks.
Certainly not a warranty repair. Not the manufacture's fault in any way, so to replace the grill it's on me. It's actually not very easy to see except in bright light, and probably not real easy to get in and out, but I suspect I'll have to get it replace since it will drive me nuts just knowing its there! Part of the broken grill piece was up against the radiator too, but there was still some pieces missing.

Pretty tough stuff, still can't imagine how one of us didn't hear the impact!
Old 04-24-2017, 11:06 PM   #9
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
You know...I am so sick and tired of PRICK DRIVERS! As the comment above @CamaroBody, I totally understand where you're coming from! The same thing has happened to me! I was picking up my customized plates today at the local DMV and noticed the guy in front of me not braking but totally just letting his car slow down on a 40mph zone where I was literally going 17mph.

I happened to roll my window down and leaned out to see if there were cars in front creating a problem for him but nope not at all not one......So he was doing this shit on purpose being a total dick! I'm sick of SAD SACKS on the road all miserable and shit out here in Kalifornistan! I hate it......They're EVERYWHERE like fly's on poop and it's very irritating!

I try to make my mornings, afternoons and evenings positive but I always seem to run into bumper humpers, jerksticks who slow down on purpose just to stall you while it more than likely gives me satisfaction because they're having a shit filled day.

I'm so tired of people also driving 20 under the limit then when they see you go to the right to pass they speed up but most of the time they can't because of the power our vehicles produce! So many out here .....So many unhappy sad sacks with a stick up their ass driving and making it a miserable experience for everyone else...PRICKS!

Man you should see the local DMV Office here where I live (I'm sure it's the same for your location too). Everyone seemed to unhappy roflmao...I was thinking to myself "Damn, everyone is always in such a shit mood where they look like they hate their life!"...Sad really! I can't wait to move out of here...

ON A POSITIVE NOTE: It's always nice to come across fellow Car Enthusiasts who appreciate nice cars! I came across a C63 AMG owner last night who had his car totally decked out and modified and he loved the Camaro! With my new setup, my car sounds very similar to an AMG (deep growl). The sad part on the positive note is that I run into "ZERO F'S GIVEN people" like 50 to 1 out here in Cali...You know when they're driving a Shit Box or a Prius with a Tail Light out of service, they could give two shits about nice cars not to mention they have dings on their doors all over.... :rolls eyes bigly:

Does anyone know if GM sells specific PIECES of the SS grill? One piece has come sort of loose and wants to pop off.
Just move already jfc.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:04 AM   #10
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
You think Texas and Arizona are going to be any better? You got to move where people are scarce and that usually means really cold winters or areas where people are leaving like Detroit. Thanks, but no thanks. If you move to any built up suburban area around a big city, it's going to be same crap drivers.

However, I know what you mean about how people act in general. They seem to hate their lives and look like they're going to kill you at a moments notice. lol!
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:06 AM   #11
V8Addict

Drives: 2016 2SS
perfect time to upgrade to the SEMA grill
Old 04-25-2017, 07:14 AM   #12
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
You think Texas and Arizona are going to be any better? You got to move where people are scarce and that usually means really cold winters or areas where people are leaving like Detroit. Thanks, but no thanks. If you move to any built up suburban area around a big city, it's going to be same crap drivers.

However, I know what you mean about how people act in general. They seem to hate their lives and look like they're going to kill you at a moments notice. lol!

Even the cold area won't get rid of the douchebags we have a bunch of weird horrible people like that all around the Toronto area
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:14 AM   #13
Blazin383

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Addict View Post
perfect time to upgrade to the SEMA grill
SEMA grill?
Old 04-25-2017, 07:19 AM   #14
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin383 View Post
SEMA grill?
The "accessory grill" I think is the actual name. I have it in red on my car, see my sig pic!