Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 01-21-2017, 01:03 PM   #379
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by diirk View Post
Bwahahah. I wasn't whining, but an definitely winning.
whine
(h)wīn/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: whining
give or make a long, high-pitched complaining cry or sound.
"the dog whined and scratched at the back door"
complain in a feeble or petulant way.

You were whining about whining and adding insults. Read the definition. That's you. STFUYLB
Old 01-21-2017, 01:13 PM   #380
AmericanMike

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
Sounds like some folks are put out because they don't all feel like winners....

Here's your trophy.
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2017, 01:38 PM   #381
warriordave927
Deadpool

Drives: 2016 camaro lt rs m6 redhot
Congratulations to the winners and thank you to c7 carbon for the opportunity of having a free raffle
Old 01-21-2017, 03:09 PM   #382
CWOFOR

Drives: '16 1SS
Didn't win, but ordered mine today. By the way they have a big discount for forum members, but only for a limited time.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:49 PM   #383
locktyght

Drives: Summit White 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by C7 Carbon View Post
The 4 lucky winners of a Brand new Carbon Fiber ZL1 style front splitter for '16 SS are:

- BradfordCamaro
- samsumon
- diirk
- Sledgehammer70

CONGRATULATIONS to all winners! Thank you all for participating and joining in on the fun!

We hope to bring you more exciting news very soon, so stick around and stay tuned. Watch out for sweet C7 Carbon Fiber parts to start rollin on awesome Camaros everywhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrider View Post
I call bullshit on this being a random drawing.
Right, I call bullshit as well, but lets break this down, C7 is a company who is in the business of making money.

Double the prizes, everyone jumps on the "generous" bandwagon. Point C7

Sledge has his YouTube channel and disciples, there goes A LOT of free press all day long. Point C7

Bradford is a forum posting son of a bitch, he spends more time here than I do, and that says a lot, I burn the majority of my work day reading C6, so in turn, they gave one to someone very active and IMO helpful to the community. Who will also sing thier praises or point out the faults. Point C7

Dirk has a white car with red brushed wheels, sticks out like a sore thumb (I think it looks good, not trashing that), sure to get many views in the public, which will turn into inquiry's about parts on the car. Point C7 (although some of the latter back and forth comments couldve been handled better)

Samsumon, not seen a whole lot from him, so I feel this one is a true random pick. Congrats for that. Truly giving away a new product, STILL point C7.

Its really just marketing. Similar to the MRR give away a month ago, a set of wheels were to be given at random, to someone who was NOMINATED in the thread, guess what, they added a "generosity" set and both sets went to persons who were not NOMINATED in the thread.

But I bet they generated a shit ton of click through revenue from people who really thought they had a chance wanting to see what the wheels would look like on thier cars.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...&highlight=MRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
This is a joke, right?

omg.

I recorded my reaction. I cant believe this. oh my god
Congrats

Me? Yeah sure, I am a bit upset that its the "same old characters" again, but I understand it, its business.

What I would like to see one time is a company who claims to make a decision at random, actually do so, and show the draw,pick, crystal ball reveal on the forum, or social media, I mean its not like we do not have the technology to show a legit drawing for the masses.

Old 01-21-2017, 04:17 PM   #384
Spanky1

Drives: 2017 2SS Summit White Camaro M6
I don't have any animosity towards the winners except maybe jerk oops I mean diirk. As far as C7, there are other places to get a splitter. No one mentioned the fact that they said the winners would be announced at 6pm and 3hours later they finally announced the "random" winners!
Old 01-21-2017, 04:23 PM   #385
Sunsnare98

Drives: 2017 camaro ss
Quote:
Wow....I'm surprised by how negative some folks are.
I actually feel bad for C7 and the other winners.
This might as well be a Honda forum with all the whining.

And BS attitudes like this will cause other mfgs to avoid doing anything similar.

Well done whiney ass losers. Not only did you not win anything, but odds are now likely that you never will here.

SMH.
Congrats on winning, but wow...what a trashy post. Looks like you're already giving c7 some publicity, just not the kind they had hoped for :( i for one, would not support a company that supports people like you.

Last edited by Sunsnare98; 01-21-2017 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 05:57 PM   #386
diirk

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Wow.
Well my apologies to C7 and anyone I offended.
I really didn't intend to do anything to damage their reputation. I just didn't like all the negative comments.
I'd delete it all but but it's been quoted. Mods are welcome to delete my comments.

My thanks again to C7
1morproject
Old 01-21-2017, 06:22 PM   #387
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by locktyght View Post
?..

Bradford is a forum posting son of a bitch, he spends more time here than I do, and that says a lot, I burn the majority of my work day reading C6, so in turn, they gave one to someone very active and IMO helpful to the community. Who will also sing thier praises or point out the faults. Point C7

Post 3001 just for you..:

I will say shift work does give me a chance to post 'what seems like' 24/7.
But I do sleep from time to time.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:44 PM   #388
ParkerAS

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
Listen guys. I get it. It looks slightly altered/biased. But if they truly did a random drawing Sledge and the other winners had just as likely a chance of winning as you. Are you suggesting Sledge shouldn't have been able to win? For what? Because he has a YouTube channel with a small following? Because he's got sponsors that send him products to try? He entered before the deadline just like everyone else who quailified.

I know samsumon (not even remotely personally) because he and I joined camaro5 during the same week or so back in 09 (other account). There is no reason to believe he didn't win by random drawing. That being said, it is reasonably possible all 4 were randomly picked.

Regardless of what happened, this was a fee giveaway. You were not entitled to anything. C7 is not required to give anything away. If you lost, move on. Simple. If you like the product, go buy one like I did. There's no need to complain and try to justify why you were not picked.

That being said, I'm a bit salty that Sledge is getting one because that's just one more thing that makes our cars look similar lol. Congratulations to the winners, be sure to show them off when you get them.
Delivered: 4/4/16
Old 01-21-2017, 06:49 PM   #389
Sunsnare98

Drives: 2017 camaro ss
Quote:
Wow.
Well my apologies to C7 and anyone I offended.
I really didn't intend to do anything to damage their reputation. I just didn't like all the negative comments.
I'd delete it all but but it's been quoted. Mods are welcome to delete my comments.

My thanks again to C7
You didn't like the negative comments and other people didn't like c7's approach to picking people. The difference is... most people shared their opinion about c7 in a civilized manner and you call people sorry *^* losers and proceed to gloat about winning.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:08 PM   #390
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
Holy crap... who cares what the reasons were behind this give-a-way. If you weren't picked, sucks to be you, and move the F on already.

This is getting as bad as bad as the Presidential election... smh.

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Old 01-21-2017, 08:34 PM   #391
moonrider

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Holy crap... who cares what the reasons were behind this give-a-way. If you weren't picked, sucks to be you, and move the F on already.

This is getting as bad as bad as the Presidential election... smh.
You move the **** on. If you want this to go away then don't post in here.
I enter a lot of drawing from anything from guns to cars every year and pay to enter these drawings and when I don't win I move on. This free drawing and the way C7 handled it was very shitty from the start. It started off as something that would of been nice, but they ****ed that up and everyone can see that.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:58 PM   #392
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerAS View Post
Listen guys. I get it. It looks slightly altered/biased. But if they truly did a random drawing Sledge and the other winners had just as likely a chance of winning as you. Are you suggesting Sledge shouldn't have been able to win? For what? Because he has a YouTube channel with a small following? Because he's got sponsors that send him products to try? He entered before the deadline just like everyone else who quailified.

I know samsumon (not even remotely personally) because he and I joined camaro5 during the same week or so back in 09 (other account). There is no reason to believe he didn't win by random drawing. That being said, it is reasonably possible all 4 were randomly picked.

Regardless of what happened, this was a fee giveaway. You were not entitled to anything. C7 is not required to give anything away. If you lost, move on. Simple. If you like the product, go buy one like I did. There's no need to complain and try to justify why you were not picked.

That being said, I'm a bit salty that Sledge is getting one because that's just one more thing that makes our cars look similar lol. Congratulations to the winners, be sure to show them off when you get them.
Dont take this the wrong way, but I literally have no idea who you are lol.

I didnt even remember i had an account on c5!

Closed Thread

Tags
camaro ss, carbon fiber, front splitter, zl1