Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-22-2023, 06:33 PM   #99

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camby View Post
Where does it say this is a 2024 model? They’re not making any except in January. Sounds more like a 2023 extension to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where does it say? Several places in the link from the GM Pressroom article. Do you really think they will just build the '24s for one month in January?

https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...22-camaro.html

SIXTH GENERATION CAMARO BOWS OUT, CHEVROLET ANNOUNCES FINAL COLLECTOR’S EDITION
Chevrolet Motorsports will continue to compete across the world; Chevrolet announces this is not the final chapter for nameplate.
2023-03-22

Print Print | Send Email | Share Add This |
DETROIT – After nine strong model years in the market, with hundreds of thousands sold, the sixth generation Chevrolet Camaro will retire at the conclusion of model year 2024.The final sixth generation Camaros will come off the assembly line at the Lansing Grand River Assembly Plant in Michigan in January 2024.

Available in coupe and soft-top convertible variants, this latest generation Camaro is known for supreme athleticism and composure. Magnetic Ride Control became available on the Camaro SS in the sixth generation and track-focused 1LE packages proliferated through all levels of the lineup for the first time. The ultimate street-legal track Camaro, the 650 horsepower ZL1 1LE, produced the fastest time for any Camaro around GM’s Milford Road Course at the company’s Milford Proving Ground in Michigan.

Whether it is picking up awards for on-road performance, or race wins and championships at tracks across the world, Camaro has demonstrated Chevrolet’s ability to win in the most demanding environments.

“As we prepare to say goodbye to the current generation Camaro, it is difficult to overstate our gratitude to every Camaro customer, Camaro assembly line employee and race fan,” said Scott Bell, vice president, Global Chevrolet. “While we are not announcing an immediate successor today, rest assured, this is not the end of Camaro’s story.”

C
hevrolet will celebrate this storied nameplate with the addition of the Collector’s Edition package on the 2024 Camaro RS and SS, and on a limited number of ZL1 equipped vehicles available in North America. The Collector’s Edition pays homage to Camaro, resurfacing ties that date back to the development of the first generation Camaro in the 1960s, most notably the program’s initial code name: Panther.

More information on the 2024 Camaro line and Collector’s Edition package will be available closer to the start of orders this summer.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 06:48 PM   #100
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Where does it say? Several places in the link from the GM Pressroom article. Do you really think they will just build the '24s for one month in January?a
Pretty sure 2024 production starts this Aug, so 4-5 months. Still a very short and limited run..unless you think they are stockpiling parts and constraints will dissapear
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 06:51 PM   #101

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
Pretty sure 2024 production starts this Aug, so 4-5 months. Still a very short and limited run..unless you think they are stockpiling parts and constraints will dissapear
That's what I was trying to tell Gumby.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 06:54 PM   #102
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiDave View Post
Guess Lethal was sort of right that they would be 2023's....
Lethal=
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 07:00 PM   #103
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camby View Post
It’s a great hypothesis, but your article just speculates. GM authority is not GM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The OPs link is from GM. And in the first paragraph it says...

DETROIT – After nine strong model years in the market, with hundreds of thousands sold, the sixth generation Chevrolet Camaro will retire at the conclusion of model year 2024.The final sixth generation Camaros will come off the assembly line at the Lansing Grand River Assembly Plant in Michigan in January 2024.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 07:08 PM   #104
sandm

Drives: no more camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggler View Post
C8 MSRP was always token MSRP, covid or not. Your situation might be different due to your affiliation with a dealership, but no one is or was realistically getting these at MSRP - even now.
agree to disagree. my neighbor took posession of a 2020 here in sin city. they flew to bowling green for a museum pickup but it was closed due to covid so all they did was display their names on the sign over the front entrance and take a pic of he and his wife in front of the car below the sign then shipped it to vegas. he paid msrp and the dealership tossed in the normal museum pickup costs as part of the deal. was sourced from Macmulkin in new hampshire.
he was pretty proud of the check he wrote for it(paid cash) and showed it off to everyone that would look. it matched the window sticker he had.

today? not so much but back in 2020 lots bought for msrp.
sandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 07:16 PM   #105
sandm

Drives: no more camaro :(
would be nice to see GM do a z28 type edition again with a bigger motor. doubtful it would overshadow the big boy vettes coming and not like the dodge 1000hp unit but maybe a 600-650hp N/A version to end the run would sure be special......
sandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 07:22 PM   #106
1sickzl1

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6
When I was a kid I dreamed of one day owning big and loud American V8's and V10's. I'd watch them roar up and down Pacific Coast Highway as I would watch in awe. It's sad that by the time I got the means to buy these type of cars they are now becoming essentially obsolete. Sure you can buy second hand but that's not what I mean. There's no waiting till the "new Camaro" or the "new Viper". It's a sad sad time. Not sure what us car guys are going to do but I'm sure we'll figure it out. I really hope they realize how unsustainable lithium batteries are and we can go back to ICE. Maybe with some modification of fueling that's better for the environment? Idk. I don't like the future lol

RF intake, Soler TB & TC, ADM v2 reservoir, AWE Touring non-resonated catback exhaust.

535 whp, 537 tq. SAE Smoothing: 5. DynoJet.
No tune. 91 octane.
1sickzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 07:27 PM   #107
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Looks to me like a Shadow Gray ZLE with italicized CAMARO font and regular ZL1 inspired wheels.

Anyway, I'm sad. End of an era.
Attached Images

PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 07:34 PM   #108
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Drives: i want a camaro
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/03...nounced-video/

let me get this straight, so production will commence in january 2024, but when will it end and also another big question is that, how many orders will come in for the initial batch of cars that rolls off the line
D.O.M.D1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 07:38 PM   #109
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickzl1 View Post
When I was a kid I dreamed of one day owning big and loud American V8's and V10's. I'd watch them roar up and down Pacific Coast Highway as I would watch in awe. It's sad that by the time I got the means to buy these type of cars they are now becoming essentially obsolete. Sure you can buy second hand but that's not what I mean. There's no waiting till the "new Camaro" or the "new Viper". It's a sad sad time. Not sure what us car guys are going to do but I'm sure we'll figure it out. I really hope they realize how unsustainable lithium batteries are and we can go back to ICE. Maybe with some modification of fueling that's better for the environment? Idk. I don't like the future lol

Yeah I don't like the future either. Said it before and I will say it again looks like we all will have extra money in our pockets the way things are going nothing fun about an EV. Only fun ones left is the Mustang and Corvette.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 07:47 PM   #110
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Pick your head up! I went through this in the early '80s as a teen, the outlook was MUCH more bleak. Never thought I'd see 650 HP Chevrolets. For the last 25 years there have been a s#!t load of performance vehicles rolled out. Grab a nice used one and mod away! How optimistic would you have been if you saw THIS on the showroom floor?
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2023, 07:48 PM   #111
LeonardS

Drives: 1969 Z28,1992 Z28,1994 Z28,1999 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.M.D1 View Post
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/03...nounced-video/

let me get this straight, so production will commence in january 2024, but when will it end and also another big question is that, how many orders will come in for the initial batch of cars that rolls off the line
No. 2024 production will start in August 2023 and end in January 2024. The end is near, so it’s time to order.
94 Z28, Black, M6, 595 miles
92 Z28, last car built at Van Nuys Plant, Red, A4, 125 miles www.last1992camaro.com
69 Z28, Dusk Blue, M4
29 Ford Business Coupe
28 Ford Pickup
24 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB 4x4
22 Jeep Grand Cherokee
13 Ford F150 Crew Cab 4x4
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 07:50 PM   #112
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
I'm still hopeful for synthetic fuels to save us, but it's highly unlikely.

To be fair, the oil companies, tire companies and car manufacturers did this to us. They wanted the interstate highways, they wanted our reliance on fossil fuels. They bought up and destroyed electric trolleys/streetcars that connected much of the continental US in the 20th century.

They stifled research into any alternatives. And look where we are now.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote