Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-18-2018, 01:49 PM   #15
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
It's not really that big of a deal in the 6th gen. It was very intrusive in the 5th gen. But as stated above, since I didn't learn to drive a manual yesterday, I would like the option of turning it off.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:36 PM   #16
squish72

Drives: 2016 2SS 8AT
I thought it was weird my A8 had it. I don't know how it is on these with manuals but my 17 wrx was horrendous! It would make it so you almost had to burn the clutch to get moving on every angle but pointed downhill. Luckily it could be disabled but would leave a yellow dash light on.
squish72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:32 PM   #17
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I bet it would be easier to just learn how to use it.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:30 PM   #18
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
I'm not sure I would have the car tuned and risk voiding the drivetrain warranty just to disable Hill Assist.
That doesn’t void the whole stinking drivetrain warranty. Good grief. They can only void warranty on the exact parameter or part failure that was modified if they can prove the modification caused the failure.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:46 PM   #19
Ebbsnflows

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by srcstc View Post
Don't know why anyone would want to disable it. It only works on steep hills and it's not intrusive whatsoever. Maybe OP is too macho for Hill assist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just re-read my original post 10 times...and sure enough - no where does it ask for your opinion or what you think about it. I simply asked how to disable it.

Maybe you're too macho to comprehend a simple question?
Old 10-18-2018, 08:32 PM   #20
Ebbsnflows

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1-1LE
Guys, Guys, Guys - Seriously - I'm thrilled that many of you love it. Truly. That's great. I'm sure some you even love the skip shift, and traction control, and automatic headlights, and seatbelt chimes, and OnStar and the 50 other "nannies" that GM installed on the car.

However, I do not like hill-assist (nor do like green eggs and ham. I want to control my own vehicle - sam I am).

I am more than capable of managing my own clutch/throttle to keep from rolling backwards on a hill. In fact, after 30+ yrs of driving, I prefer to do it; Just like I prefer to change my own gears, activate my own turn-signals and apply my own brakes.

All of you are welcome to your opinions on the feature - However, I didn't ask for them. I simply asked if it was possible to disable it. Can I live with it? Certainly - just like I live with taxes and 55 mph speed limits. I would just appreciate the option to disable it. I'll look elsewhere for the answer now.

ZedSled - Thanks for the legitimate attempt to answer the question.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:08 AM   #21
john94si

Drives: 17 2ss vert
I love it..I use it often
Attached Images

john94si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:13 AM   #22
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
^ ya OP, and don't even think about asking how to disable the seatbelt chime. Check wiring diagrams? Might be a fuse some where? Although, probably thru the BCM and traction control system?
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:46 AM   #23
drperry

Drives: Chevy Blazer
Disabling the automatic headlights, at least, is probably the same as it's been for every GM since they put it in.... Resistor in the sensor, lol.

As for the hill assist, you're stuck with it, unfortunately.

On a side note, how does the car handle towing? Lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:30 AM   #24
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbsnflows View Post
I just re-read my original post 10 times...and sure enough - no where does it ask for your opinion or what you think about it. I simply asked how to disable it.

Maybe next time start your thread with more of an "in my opinion annoying ass" hills start assist that "GM imposed on me." rather than a blanket statement of your own opinion as fact?
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:24 PM   #25
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I bet it would be easier to just learn how to use it.

There's nothing to learn. If you know how to start on a hill then just do what you normally do. It doesn't get in the way. If you aren't good at hill starts then it'll help you. Either way it's not intrusive.

srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:25 PM   #26
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbsnflows View Post

It's a forum. People can post their opinions. Deal with it.

srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:08 PM   #27
Walt88

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned how you apply brake pressure. If you lightly apply the brakes on a hill it doesn't engage, if you push the brakes hard it engages. It's how I choose whether or not I would like to use it. I have had 100% success rate doing it this way
Walt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:53 AM   #28
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
I bet there's a way to turn it off in the system if you knew someone who had the full dealer service datalink software to connect to the ECM.

It wouldn't hurt to call a few dealers. Most will probably tell you no they won't do it because of some silly liability issue but someone might.

If not maybe take it to a non-dealer mechanic if he has the software for the ECM. They're usually more willing to do stuff like that for customers than factory dealers service departments.

The dealer cant change any of the parameters in the ECM even if they wanted to, also the hill start is controlled by the BCM and no one has access to the programming for the BCM at all.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote