Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-04-2018, 01:20 PM   #1
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Camaro to be killed off again?

No refresh news, abysmal sales, bad luck etc..
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-may-next.html
Attached Images

MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 01:33 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham

No.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:44 PM   #3
V8RWD

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th
I do not believe so.

But it would NOT be impossible, since Camaro sales are not great. Even "mainstream" cars like Ford Fusion are under the gun of being cut. Entire minivan segment was cut by GM & Ford before that. And even entire brands of cars before that.

Luckily next Corvette going mid-engine, and that alone gives more reason to keep the Camaro.
V8RWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 01:59 PM   #4
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
I like the Impala. It just needs a more powerful engine.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:04 PM   #5
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Sales or Profits. Which would you prefer to have? GM would rather have profits. Camaro is bringing in profits.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Last edited by Martinjlm; 04-04-2018 at 02:43 PM.
Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:06 PM   #6
solarstingray

Drives: 2014 c7 corvette and 2017 camaro ss
there is no 4 door car I would be interested from chevy, Cadillac v specs yes,

impala,cruze,malibu all junk to me, very bland
solarstingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:23 PM   #7
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8RWD View Post
I do not believe so.

But it would NOT be impossible, since Camaro sales are not great. Even "mainstream" cars like Ford Fusion are under the gun of being cut. Entire minivan segment was cut by GM & Ford before that. And even entire brands of cars before that.

Luckily next Corvette going mid-engine, and that alone gives more reason to keep the Camaro.
If they think people that want a Corvette will settle for a Camaro if the corvette goes high $ then they are in for a rude awakening.

The Camaro will NEVER be a Corvette
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:25 PM   #8
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Did I skim the article too fast? Didn’t see Camaro mentioned.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:34 PM   #9
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
How does article show the Camaro dying off? #confused

It does show just how in the moment this companies operate though. A few years ago they were running from large SUVs and trucks. Car were all the rage. Now car are out and gas guzzlers are in again. That will be shorted live when the economy tanks again and the trade wars wreck everything.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:41 PM   #10
Quinten_33

Drives: Silverado
The Camaro serves a greater purpose than commuter cars. It draws fans, attention, and respect towards the brand. It was the most surrounded car at the Jax auto show that I saw, aside from the gorgeous LC500. And the Camaro on display was a V6 redline edition! Kids ask their parents to go the Camaro and they love it, but the responsible parents go and look at a new equinox. That’s how the Camaro makes sense from a business standpoint.

The Camaro will live on. At the GM “Find New Roads” dealer conference yesterday or Monday, GM showed two teaser pics of the “next generation Corvette”. An attendee is certain that the car is mid engine, and GM states that it is the next generation Corvette.

So, the Camaro team has a lot more to work with without the front-engine Corvette holding it back. The transmission can go to the back, the car can get lower/wider, and the interior can be a little nicer. Imagine an alpha platform Camaro SS 1LE with the weight distribution of a Corvette Z51. That’s now available for Chevy to make. The next gen Camaro is going to be amazing, and I can’t wait to see it.
Quinten_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:50 PM   #11
Quinten_33

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post

It does show just how in the moment this companies operate though. A few years ago they were running from large SUVs and trucks. Car were all the rage. Now car are out and gas guzzlers are in again. That will be shorted live when the economy tanks again and the trade wars wreck everything.
The manufacturers know that. They’re making good SUVs now, developing technology, techniques, and systems to make them more energy efficient and safer to drive. By the time Sedans are back to selling well, all the technology will be there ready go and cars like the Acorrd and Camry will be due for a new generation. One thing I will say is that GM is planning a high performance electric SUV, and they announced it at the dealer conference. I bet it will be a Cadillac, but I’m interested to see how it pans out. The more electric cars GM makes, the more likely the Camaro and Corvette will stick around.
Quinten_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:51 PM   #12
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post

I have been gone from GM for just over a year now. I know more about the future of the Chevrolet portfolio than was in that article, so most of it was obviously already baked more than a year ago. Then again, I did work in Portfolio Planning. But my point is, vehicle changes and cancellations on this level are typically done more than a year before they are aired in public.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:53 PM   #13
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ455 View Post
I like the Impala. It just needs a more powerful engine.
And RWD or rear-biased AWD.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:53 PM   #14
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinten_33 View Post
The Camaro serves a greater purpose than commuter cars. It draws fans, attention, and respect towards the brand. It was the most surrounded car at the Jax auto show that I saw, aside from the gorgeous LC500. And the Camaro on display was a V6 redline edition! Kids ask their parents to go the Camaro and they love it, but the responsible parents go and look at a new equinox. That’s how the Camaro makes sense from a business standpoint.

The Camaro will live on. At the GM “Find New Roads” dealer conference yesterday or Monday, GM showed two teaser pics of the “next generation Corvette”. An attendee is certain that the car is mid engine, and GM states that it is the next generation Corvette.

So, the Camaro team has a lot more to work with without the front-engine Corvette holding it back. The transmission can go to the back, the car can get lower/wider, and the interior can be a little nicer. Imagine an alpha platform Camaro SS 1LE with the weight distribution of a Corvette Z51. That’s now available for Chevy to make. The next gen Camaro is going to be amazing, and I can’t wait to see it.
pretty sure you can't take Alpha and make it any lower let alone wider. The CTS is already at a disadvantage for being a wider car than th ATS, which is the size Alpha is meant to be. And the transmission in the rear is huge architectural change. Don't expect GM to create a unique architecture for a future Camaro. That investment will kill the car.

For the Camaro to have a shot at long term sales it will need to get bigger and more accommodating. If not it will have to get much more expensive to be profitable at the current volume, just like the current Corvette. And keep in mind the Corvette construction requisires less investment for tooling which helps for the lower volumes.