Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-13-2014, 12:42 PM   #1
sixt3denied

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS BLACK w NOS
Lower Body Accent Stripes

Hey all,

I decided to purchase lower body accent stripes, and also replace my hood spears which were looking beat up. I purchased them from Big Worm Graphix and i have to say they really came out incredible! I was worried about bubbles and the fact that its below 40 degrees here in New York. Wasnt sure how the cold would affect the install - but it really was super easy to put them on. You just need a spray bottle with some warm water, some paper towels and a hair dryer. The vinyl was very easy to re position, pull up, and reset as many times as needed to get the positioning perfect. Any bubbles you can just push out easily. I warmed the spot up with the hair dryer and then just pushed any bubbles to the edge with the applicator that comes with it. They came out pretty perfect. So if any of you are thinking about changing or adding stripes, it is a very easy project.
Attached Images

BBK CAI, Dynomax Ultra Flow Exhaust, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 3M Dark Tint, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace, Bosch Brakes, Ny-Trex Triple Threat System, Glowshift NOS Gauge, Innovate LC-2 Wideband AFR Gauge, GM Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Heritage Grill, Custom LFX Emblems, BAFX Bluetooth OBDII Interface, Torque Pro Logging, Big Worm Graphix Spears & Stripes,Niche M117 Misano Wheels, MGP Caliper Covers
sixt3denied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 01:16 PM   #2
HOJO

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS 1LE 1967 Camaro
Nice job. Looks really good!
HOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:30 AM   #3
bigwormgraphix
Account Suspended

Drives: 1991 Z28, 2015 SS & 2017 SS
Thanks for posting your review and pics!!
bigwormgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:40 AM   #4
sixt3denied

Thank you for a great product!
BBK CAI, Dynomax Ultra Flow Exhaust, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 3M Dark Tint, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace, Bosch Brakes, Ny-Trex Triple Threat System, Glowshift NOS Gauge, Innovate LC-2 Wideband AFR Gauge, GM Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Heritage Grill, Custom LFX Emblems, BAFX Bluetooth OBDII Interface, Torque Pro Logging, Big Worm Graphix Spears & Stripes,Niche M117 Misano Wheels, MGP Caliper Covers
Old 12-15-2014, 12:10 PM   #5
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Looks great!
Old 12-15-2014, 12:25 PM   #6
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
That looks great on your car.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:28 PM   #7
sixt3denied

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm really happy with how it came out. It definitely adds balance to the car, as all the strips were initially up front. I got a lot of compliments from strangers this weekend as i did my holiday shopping. The car's really getting a lot of attention. LOL
Old 12-15-2014, 01:09 PM   #8
SoCalCamaro93

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2011 RS (past)
Very nice. When I first put the vinyl accenting, it was between these and the gills. I went with the gills however, it's been three years and the vinyl is starting to tear so it looks like I may have to get these next...thanks for posting pictures.

Past: 2011 RS, 2013 ZL1
Current: 2016 2SS
SoCalCamaro93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:35 PM   #9
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I tried to put them on myself and got pissed off and ripped them off because I just couldn't get them to lay straight or get all of the bubbles out. I bought another set and had the dealer put them on. I had only seen one car with these prior to having them put on my car.
Attached Images

OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:50 AM   #10
sixt3denied

Not sure why you had a tuff time with them. Just keep spraying the car and the vinyl with water from a spray bottle and you can reposition them as many times as needed.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:33 AM   #11
Niceun

Drives: 2012 45th edition RS 2LT
Nice ride I like the stripes. Where did you get the LFX emblems?
Niceun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:49 AM   #12
sixt3denied

Emblempros.com. Excellent customer service from them. You probably can't see it in the pic but the emblems say "THE DARKNESS" above the LFX symbol. They will put whatever you want on them. Great company to deal with.