Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-09-2014, 01:30 PM   #253
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibroni View Post
I don't care what you guys are saying. The next Camaro will be based on the upcoming Cadi ATS coupe. The LT will have the 2.0 l turbo, LS gets the V6 and the SS will have the V6 twin turbo. And it will beat your current Camaro on the track. The V8 will be reserved for whichever Z designation they want to roll out. As a bonus they'll all get over 30 mpg.
Yeah... no. The LF3 is not going to be in the 6th gen Camaro.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:16 PM   #254
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
You couldn't be more wrong. Chevrolet is now thw shirt sponsor of the Manchester United Football Club, one of the most highly supported soccer teams in the world. No way that happens and GM pulls Chevy from Europe.
And where is Joel Ewanick now, after making that (and other) decisions? He may not have been wrong, but someone deemed him/it "not right"...
http://adage.com/article/news/joel-e...ure-gm/244775/

It has also been decided NOT to market "Chevrolet" on many European-marketed/produced vehicles.
http://www.businesskorea.co.kr/artic...awal-chevrolet
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:50 PM   #255
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
You couldn't be more wrong. Chevrolet is now thw shirt sponsor of the Manchester United Football Club, one of the most highly supported soccer teams in the world. No way that happens and GM pulls Chevy from Europe.
Uh yeah, Chevrolet has been pulled out of the European market.

Considering they sold only 23 units in the UK last month, it was a good move. The Manchester United sponsorship? Stupid idea.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:30 PM   #256
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
LOL you have no idea how much more wrong I can be. But in this case you assume the $1 billion Chevy gave the MU club when they were in Europe means they were going to stay in Europe.

But in this case............................I'm not wrong. But you can check me on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

Considering they sold only 23 units in the UK last month, it was a good move. The Manchester United sponsorship? Stupid idea.
Oh wait, Fen checked it for you.

Consider yourself fact checked, sir.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:57 PM   #257
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
I don't care what you guys are saying. The next Camaro will be based on the upcoming Cadi ATS coupe. The LT will have the 2.0 l turbo, LS gets the V6 and the SS will have the V6 twin turbo. And it will beat your current Camaro on the track. The V8 will be reserved for whichever Z designation they want to roll out. As a bonus they'll all get over 30 mpg.
Have you been hitting the happy grass lately?
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #258
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:

"General Motors Co. (GM) is pulling its Chevy brand out of Europe, reversing a decade-old sales strategy, as a revival at the carmaker’s Opel and Vauxhall divisions beats the U.S. nameplate’s performance in the region.

Chevrolet will halt deliveries in Europe by the end of 2015 while remaining in Russia, GM Vice Chairman Steve Girsky said on a conference call today with reporters. Reorganization costs from the shift will total $700 million to $1 billion."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-1...ding-opel.html
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:23 PM   #259
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Keeping to this semi-derail; with Chevrolet being pulled from Europe, will Camaro just have to be special order only? Or will we see it rebadged as most likely a Vauxhall? Maybe they can use a varient of the VXR nameplate seeing as that's what the Monaro/GTO used. I highly doubt this would ever actually happen, just brainstorming.

Which brings up another fine question. As Camaro enthusiasts would it bother you guys at all to see Camaro get a rebadge for the sake of keeping it more accessible in the "global" market?
Old 07-09-2014, 09:06 PM   #260
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
Keeping to this semi-derail; with Chevrolet being pulled from Europe, will Camaro just have to be special order only? Or will we see it rebadged as most likely a Vauxhall? Maybe they can use a varient of the VXR nameplate seeing as that's what the Monaro/GTO used. I highly doubt this would ever actually happen, just brainstorming.

Which brings up another fine question. As Camaro enthusiasts would it bother you guys at all to see Camaro get a rebadge for the sake of keeping it more accessible in the "global" market?
Wouldn't bother me at all. If they change the front and rear fascias it's not a Camaro. Just ask the Firebird.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #261
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
With the withdrawal of Chevrolet from the European market, they did say certain cars like Camaro would remain Chevrolets.

That being said, however, when 6th gen rumors first started some were talking about shipping 6th gens to Australia. Badged as Holdens. And Monaros.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:32 PM   #262
16Camaroracer

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Ss 2dr coupe
GM or chevy or carscoops said ''We would have a tuned verison the eco boost engine''
I should be clear.
16Camaroracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:32 AM   #263
JamesDean

Drives: 2010 FBO 335i, 2013 RS Camaro v6
I'd really love to see a Evo sized turbo in the 4 cylinder that could push 360 HP 360TQ. Maybe we could see the Caddy's Twin Turbo v6 make it's way into a special edition 6th Gen Camaro.

It's actually exciting to see what Ford is doing with the Mustang to see just how GM is going to blow it out of the water. Just adding the 8 speed automatic from the Corvette seems like it'll be a huge game changer!

But lets also throw in the Recaros as an option for each trim please....
Pretty please
JamesDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:47 AM   #264
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
i got 326 rwhp on my former Solstice GXP with bolt-ons and a tune on a turbocharged 4 banger -- i don't know why you guys are sooooooooo worried.
top speed was north of 163 -- never could pinpoint it because i got scared at that speed in that car.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:13 PM   #265
z928

Drives: 500SL, 928 GTS, E36 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

I see Chevy Man utd football jersey all over in Asia & middle east- The Chevy exposure is vey good in my opinion. Man utd have a millions of fans around the world.
z928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:17 PM   #266
z928

Drives: 500SL, 928 GTS, E36 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post

People wont mind at all if the Camaro would be rebadge as another name in other markets. it's only the badge and can be change easily . I do see Chevy Cruze being rebadge as Holden cruze etc. in the middle east- I see the Chevy Lumina rebadge as holden by its owner. etc.
z928 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation