Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-15-2021, 05:09 PM   #1
CR125Honda

Drives: 67 Bronco 89 T-Bird SC Motorcycles
OEM GM Spoiler for 1LE

******* Sold *******

Hi all,
Please excuse the intrusion. I've joined the forum to gather info on an OEM GM spoiler for this car I'm selling. It came with some other GM items I purchased.
A forum that's specific to this unique car I thought might be the best place to inquire.
The spoiler is GM part #84016423. Camero Spoiler Kit for 2016 1LE Spec in Blue Velvet Metallic.
It's new in the box. I've put it up for sale and would like to know if it's specific only to the the 1LE?
Also, is this a different style of the one that originally came on the 1LE?
I copied and pasted the info I found in the listing online but that really didn't do me much good on fitment.
It's listed on eBay and/or if anyone here is interested you can shoot me a message.

Regards, Ken

Last edited by CR125Honda; 02-05-2022 at 11:35 AM. Reason: sold item
CR125Honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 08:07 PM   #2
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
That spoiler is part of the 1le package but it comes in black only with the 1le. You can order that same blade spoiler for other camaros in matching color to your car.
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 07:06 PM   #3
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR125Honda View Post
Hi all,
Please excuse the intrusion. I've joined the forum to gather info on an OEM GM spoiler for this car I'm selling. It came with some other GM items I purchased.
A forum that's specific to this unique car I thought might be the best place to inquire.
The spoiler is GM part #84016423. Camero Spoiler Kit for 2016 1LE Spec in Blue Velvet Metallic.
It's new in the box. I've put it up for sale and would like to know if it's specific only to the the 1LE?
Also, is this a different style of the one that originally came on the 1LE?
I copied and pasted the info I found in the listing online but that really didn't do me much good on fitment.
It's listed on eBay and/or if anyone here is interested you can shoot me a message.

Regards, Ken
You should post this in the Blue Velvet Metallic subsection

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...437880&page=28

This will bolt direct onto the deck lid of the lower RS trim (like this picture). The SS and higher with stanchion spoilers have a more holes in their deck lid.

1LEs come with satin black blade. SSes that are ordered with the optional LP0 blade option arrive at the dealer with a RS deck and spoiler and the blade is dealer installed.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 09:25 AM   #4
CR125Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
You should post this in the Blue Velvet Metallic subsection

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...437880&page=28

This will bolt direct onto the deck lid of the lower RS trim (like this picture). The SS and higher with stanchion spoilers have a more holes in their deck lid.

1LEs come with satin black blade. SSes that are ordered with the optional LP0 blade option arrive at the dealer with a RS deck and spoiler and the blade is dealer installed.

Thanks so much hotlap and z28pat,

Just the type of info I was looking for.
As I understand it now, the blade will fit any of the 6th Gen Camero's that haven't been drilled or fitted for factory stanchion type spoilers and the color, Blue Velvet Metallic is a one year only color (2016) for the 6th Gen.

Guessing GM must have made this available for specifically for those that have a 6th Gen 1LE in BVM and wanted to change the stock spoiler color from black to blue?
Will heed your advice and post in the BVM subsection.

Thanks again!
Old 08-17-2021, 10:11 AM   #5
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR125Honda View Post
Thanks so much hotlap and z28pat,

Just the type of info I was looking for.
As I understand it now, the blade will fit any of the 6th Gen Camero's that haven't been drilled or fitted for factory stanchion type spoilers and the color, Blue Velvet Metallic is a one year only color (2016) for the 6th Gen.

Guessing GM must have made this available for specifically for those that have a 6th Gen 1LE in BVM and wanted to change the stock spoiler color from black to blue?
Will heed your advice and post in the BVM subsection.

Thanks again!
Correct for both.

You might want to sent PM (private messages) to guys that posted pictures of the BVM with RS or lower trim. This would be a nice upgrade for them

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 01:28 PM   #6
CR125Honda

Great idea! Don’t want to be obnoxious in offering this for sale but it’s very specific and at appx 1/2 price, hopefully they won’t mind. Thank you for the suggestion!
Old 01-19-2022, 09:39 AM   #7
CR125Honda

**** SOLD ****
The spoiler has been sold.