Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-23-2021, 10:22 PM   #1
Roostie
all it takes is cash

Drives: 2018 LS V6 1LE; E350 wagon; Model3
Car cover recommendation

I have to start parking my Camaro outdoors and would like to get a good cover for it. Preferably something custom-fitting with pockets for the mirrors. Chevrolet has one for $399, less a 15% discount right now. Not sure if it is good for the money.

Do any of you have a cover your can recommend to buy ... or avoid?

Thanks!
Roostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 10:39 PM   #2
bitwise

Drives: 2020 2SS Conv, 2022 Cherry ZL1 Conv
I have the factory one and this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I use both indoors so I can only speculate what they might be like after a year of outdoor sun and rain.

The factory one is much thinner, slicker, and fits tight. If the sun doesn't affect it too much it should be fine.

The one from Amazon is a softer multi-layer construction that fits well but not like the factory. The wind might be a problem over a long period. It has 1 strap and there is probably a reason. This one is also going to hold a lot of water and might mildew.

There are probably better outdoor choices out there than these two. Indoors they both work great at keeping dust down.
bitwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 08:47 PM   #3
1LECamaro2020

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I purchased a car cover with wind straps and a locking cable from carcovers.com and it would blow off at the slightest breeze. I then purchased the GM Camaro outdoor cover from shopchevyparts.com and using it with the wind straps and locking cable it has held on through 50mph wind gusts. I would recommend you go with the GM Camaro cover and buy some wind straps off of Amazon for some extra holding power.
1LECamaro2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 07:55 PM   #4
Roostie
all it takes is cash

Drives: 2018 LS V6 1LE; E350 wagon; Model3
Thanks for the feedback, guys.
Roostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 06:20 AM   #5
Blade21

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS
I have the indoor cover with the car sitting outside. This would make the 2 winter with it on. Its held up really well. But I plan on buying the outdoor cover after this winter.
'16 Camaro 2SS| GT-30 Cam| Kooks 1 7/8 Headers| Borla X-Pipe Mid| Mishimoto Thermostat| Mishimoto Overflow tank| Mishimoto Oil Catch Can| Diode Side Markers| ZL1 Addons Lift Pads| GM Aluminum Pedals| ROTOFAB Intake - Sound Delete| SEMA grille
Blade21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 07:09 AM   #6
Westcamaro

Drives: 69 Z28 RS 19 2SS Convertible 10 Ava
I’m selling one if your interested see my classified.
Westcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote