Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-17-2019, 10:25 AM   #29
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
What makes you so sure it will happen?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:29 AM   #30
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
That's why I'm not going with the A10 LT4... it would happen just as soon as I pulled the trigger.
What year you reckon a gen7 will appear??

I agree the LT5 is coming as well simply due to the competition the big 3 got going on & timing fits since the vette is going mid.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:39 PM   #31
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
What makes you so sure it will happen?
What makes you so sure it won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
What year you reckon a gen7 will appear??

I agree the LT5 is coming as well simply due to the competition the big 3 got going on & timing fits since the vette is going mid.
Just doing the math and the fact 2019 was a refresh year, my guess would be MY 22 which would put it coming out fall of 2021. Still plenty of time to slip something in.

LT5 is like the elephant in the closet.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:17 AM   #32
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
What makes you so sure it won't.
Because GM has always kept the top engines out of the Camaro.

LS9
LS6
LT5
LT4
LS-6
LS-5
All the big block 427s.

GM has never put its best in the Camaro.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:16 AM   #33
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Because GM has always kept the top engines out of the Camaro.

LS9
LS6
LT5
LT4
LS-6
LS-5
All the big block 427s.

GM has never put its best in the Camaro.
This has been addressed so many times, even by Al O. himself. While this was true pre-6th gen, that all changed under Al O.

For the first time ever, you could get the most powerful engine in a Corvette or Camaro at the same time (2017 Z06 - 2017 ZL1).

In FACT, the Camaro had a slight upper hand, being able to fit the A10 trans while the C7 has been stuck with the problematic A8.

So the point is mute, it's old news, and has already been debunked.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:02 AM   #34
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
This has been addressed so many times, even by Al O. himself. While this was true pre-6th gen, that all changed under Al O.

For the first time ever, you could get the most powerful engine in a Corvette or Camaro at the same time (2017 Z06 - 2017 ZL1).

In FACT, the Camaro had a slight upper hand, being able to fit the A10 trans while the C7 has been stuck with the problematic A8.

Except it hasn’t been debunked because the LT4 was never the top engine. Apparently, they had been working on the ZR1 before the Z06 was revealed.

If the Camaro was no longer limited, why doesn’t it exceed the Corvette in any way?
Old 02-18-2019, 10:24 AM   #35
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Except it hasn’t been debunked because the LT4 was never the top engine. Apparently, they had been working on the ZR1 before the Z06 was revealed.

If the Camaro was no longer limited, why doesn’t it exceed the Corvette in any way?
When the LT4 was introduced you said it would never be in the Camaro using this same logic. You were certian there wasn't another engine to follow the LT4.

You may be right that the LT5 won't make it into the Camaro. We do however know that Al O and Mark Reuss set out to destroy the Mustang in the gen6 and they knew Ford would bring a 750 HP GT500. We also know that GM is developing other high HP engines for the C8 (twin Turbo Images leaked).

I personally don't think we will see it until the gen7 but the dominance of gen6 Alpha gives hope something else might drop.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:39 AM   #36
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:

I disagree ( and agree that it is totally semantics lol) because as mentioned the ZR-1 was being developed before the Z06 came out. So internally GM knew the LT-4 was not top dog. Also the LT4 was the only high performance engine available, once it debuted in the CTS-V as well we all knew it would power the ZL1

What I will say that can't be disputed, is that the engine powering a ZR-1 Corvette has never made it into any other vehicle. I have a feeling that will stay the same at least until the ZR-1 goes away.

Quote:
When the LT4 was introduced you said it would never be in the Camaro using this same logic. You were certian there wasn't another engine to follow the LT4.

You may be right that the LT5 won't make it into the Camaro. We do however know that Al O and Mark Reuss set out to destroy the Mustang in the gen6 and they knew Ford would bring a 750 HP GT500. We also know that GM is developing other high HP engines for the C8 (twin Turbo Images leaked).

I personally don't think we will see it until the gen7 but the dominance of gen6 Alpha gives hope something else might drop.

True, but like I mentioned above. The ZR-1 engine in the last two ZR-1s has remained a Corvette exclusive. I think it will stay that way until the ZR-1 is retired. I doubt we see a Camaro and Corvette powered by the LT5 at the same time.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:53 AM   #37
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
ZL-1 from '69 was a the top Corvette engine, and that made it into Camaro... Just sayin'...

I'd like to see an A10 LT5. I don't care what it's called. Maybe it's time for a new RPO. I think that would be a killer combination though. I also think it's necessary for Camaro to stay relevant. BUT - that's just me.

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate, but I don't know that I believe LT5 will be around for a 7th Gen Camaro (G7). I think GM's coming off of superchargers and full-transitioning to turbos. They stayed away from V8 turbos' in passenger cars, in the past, because of "thermal" issues, if I recall, and with C8 seemingly going turbo', and there possibly being a plethora of DOHC-engines in the wings, I believe GM's going away from OHV, too. I don't think LT5 will make it out of this generation in Corvette, or even a possibility in the G7. I think we're seeing the last of the OHV-engines, save for maybe one more in the base C8. I could see that trickle into G7, as a base engine, and then all premium engines above base move to DOHCs that we're seeing, like the Blackwing. At any rate, if an LT5 doesn't happen soon (i.e. Gen 6), I doubt it will happen in Camaro at all.

JMHO

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:14 PM   #38
NW-99SS

A lot of naysaying and stipulations now. Name another time, other than 1969 as radz28 pointed out (COPO ZL-1 thanks to Fred Gibb's order of 50), when the Camaro and the Corvette were matched for HP in the highest trim available...

You can be pessimistic about an LT5 Camaro all you want, but the logic that Camaros do not get Corvette engines is FALSE - and I would rather be optimistic that it may happen.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 02-18-2019, 02:23 PM   #39
Bhobbs

Quote:

That’s because making two blown Corvettes didn’t make any sense to me. It still doesn’t but I admitted I was wrong then.

Could I be wrong again? That’s very likely but they are following the precedence laid out since the Camaro was created. GM has not and never will put its best engines in the Camaro. The 662 HP GT500 and 707 HP Hellcat didn’t bring the LS9 to the ZL1. GM has never cared how the Camaro stacks up to its competition, at least power wise. I certainly don’t see that changing now that Al O is gone.

The COPO was not a production Camaro, intended to exist by GM. It was a loop hole discovered by certain dealers. The ZL-1 wasn’t even a street engine. It was built for Can Am race cars.

And I never said the Camaro doesn’t get Corvette engines. I’m saying the Camaro only gets the lesser Corvette engines.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:26 PM   #40
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
A lot of naysaying and stipulations now. Name another time, other than 1969 as radz28 pointed out (COPO ZL-1 thanks to Fred Gibb's order of 50), when the Camaro and the Corvette were matched for HP in the highest trim available...

You can be pessimistic about an LT5 Camaro all you want, but the logic that Camaros do not get Corvette engines is FALSE - and I would rather be optimistic that it may happen.
but it's not false lol.

Camaro never got the LT5 from the 90s ZR-1
Camaro never got the LS6,
Camaro Never got LS9.

Camaro Only got the LS7 AFTER Corvette was no longer using it.
Yes Camaro got the LT4, but as Martin mentioned in another thread, the ZR-1 was part of the C7 from the beginning, so GM knew that the LT4 was not going to be the top engine

I just use history as my guide. History says that the ZR-1 engine has remained exclusive to the ZR-1.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 04:01 PM   #41
NW-99SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
but it's not false lol.

Camaro never got the LT5 from the 90s ZR-1
Camaro never got the LS6,
Camaro Never got LS9.

Camaro Only got the LS7 AFTER Corvette was no longer using it.
Yes Camaro got the LT4, but as Martin mentioned in another thread, the ZR-1 was part of the C7 from the beginning, so GM knew that the LT4 was not going to be the top engine

I just use history as my guide. History says that the ZR-1 engine has remained exclusive to the ZR-1.
Do you just blatantly ignore how I addressed this point in my previous post?

I fail to understand why you keep bringing up the same talking point like it somehow applies to the 6th gen, when GM's own lead engineer said it's different now, and then proved it when both cars were offered with the most powerful production engine in GM history at the same time...

To reiterate, naysay all you want...I never said the LT5 Camaro WILL happen, I said I hope that it does - instead of being a negative Nancy and all.

Carry on
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 02-18-2019, 04:44 PM   #42
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
How did we go from the LT5 will or will not make it into the Camaro to arguing over not getting the vette engine at the same mfg timeframe??

Mike wasn't asking 'what makes you so sure it won't' for tomorrows production?? He clearly stated he is willing to bet the 7th gen will have the LT5?? That's it...by that time (2022 by mlee's guess) the ZR-1 & LT5 marriage is likely on the rocks & she's ready to come slum it with us lowly Camaro scabs.

Yeah, the L88 in 69 is worth bringing up again...
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote