Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-11-2021, 05:36 PM   #1
Silent_H_

Drives: '21 V6 1LE
Fumoto valve install

I just got done installing the F107SX Fumoto oil drain valve (https://www.fumotousa.com/f107sx.html). I used a torque wrench and tightened to 15 ft-lbs per their site, but man it's still a little nerve-wracking for some reason.

I wanted to make this post so you could see how the clearance looks. As you can see in the photos, it does *not* stick down below anything. The cross-bar and the exhaust etc are lower, so I'm not concerned about catching it on anything.

I did a quick test drive and watched the oil pressure get up into the 80 PSI range, and I don't see any seepage or leaking of any kind yet.

My only remaining concern is winter road junk causing some kind of corrosion in the mechanism.
Attached Images

Silent_H_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 09:12 PM   #2
Sweptwing

Drives: 2017 2LT RS V6 M/T
I think you will be happy with the Fumoto valve. I ran one for over 50k miles without a hitch.
I would have one on the Camaro but Glen_e turned me on to the Stahlbus drain.
Old 10-12-2021, 07:59 AM   #3
Silent_H_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweptwing View Post
I think you will be happy with the Fumoto valve. I ran one for over 50k miles without a hitch.
I would have one on the Camaro but Glen_e turned me on to the Stahlbus drain.
Glad to hear it! I went back and forth on Fumoto and Stahlbus and both sounded good.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:26 AM   #4
joekd

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS vert
I have used either fumoto or EZ drain valves on all my cars for years now and have never had an issue with one bottoming out, opening accidently or any other type of accident

They really make every oil change much easier, hook up a short hose, open valve, no tools, no splash, no mess
Old 10-26-2021, 09:33 AM   #5
Silent_H_

Update: the valve was flawless during a long track day, and made it super easy to drain off the excess oil I had to add. Definitely would buy again!