Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 06-10-2018, 07:20 PM   #15
wildchevy

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS convertible
they, GM limits seat movement so the occupant remains in the safe zone of the air bags and to keep from ending up under the dash in a crash. Whenever I see a passenger riding in a vehicle with their feet up on the dash I snicker and wonder how she will look with her ankles wrapped around her neck. Sometimes they really need to protect us from ourselves.

2018 HBM 2SS CONVERTIBLE A8
wildchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:08 PM   #16
cthompson07

Drives: 2016 hyper blue 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchevy View Post
they, GM limits seat movement so the occupant remains in the safe zone of the air bags and to keep from ending up under the dash in a crash. Whenever I see a passenger riding in a vehicle with their feet up on the dash I snicker and wonder how she will look with her ankles wrapped around her neck. Sometimes they really need to protect us from ourselves.

If that was the case, then why do the 1le / zl1 seats recline all the way? I can't remember which do, but there are some in the 6th gens that fully recline.
cthompson07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:38 PM   #17
MikeMeyer

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Thank You

This post gave me the information I needed. My wife thanks you for a better rest on long drives LOL!

My only warning is that if you are doing it alone, protect the door sill trim as you work the seat through the door. I scratched the plastic as I slid out the seat rails. A blanket or cardboard would have saved me the $40 to buy a replacement trim piece.

Great directions! Thank you.
MikeMeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:59 PM   #18
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchevy View Post
Nope, not that... The 2019 ZL1's recline a lot more.

1st thing I noticed when I got in my car after driving the 2017.
Old 12-22-2020, 06:49 AM   #19
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Nope, not that... The 2019 ZL1's recline a lot more.

1st thing I noticed when I got in my car after driving the 2017.
Wow, my 2019 doesn't recline at all. Chevy must have sent the last of the non recliners to Australia. Now my wife is bitch'in cause she can't lay out on the long trips. Fortunately I directed this way by a member. So I will be doing both seats shortly. Her's first before the upcoming New Year's trip....
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 09:29 AM   #20
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangkok_ZL1 View Post
Wow, my 2019 doesn't recline at all. Chevy must have sent the last of the non recliners to Australia. Now my wife is bitch'in cause she can't lay out on the long trips. Fortunately I directed this way by a member. So I will be doing both seats shortly. Her's first before the upcoming New Year's trip....
Reclying back like your wife probably wants is not what I meant but there is a big difference between the 2018 and 2019 on the amount. Still not a lot but much more comfortable for the long drives.

I need to catch up on your posts about the car over there.
Old 12-22-2020, 02:43 PM   #21
Nitronut

Drives: Duramax, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Great DIY that I will be doing very very soon. Glad it was moved here so I could find it...

Pictures are now inserted between the steps

Anyone do this on Recaros yet?
They did.. https://youtu.be/Bco_HP2Y0bQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeed1LE View Post
Is removal of the ZL1 1LE Recaros the same? Don't need the recline addition. Just need to remove the seats for another job.
Yes the Recaros come out the same way on the 1LE .https://youtu.be/3CEJHonUbhE?t=6
Old 12-22-2020, 02:51 PM   #22
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronut View Post
Yeah, I posted that in 2017 and just gave up and bought a 2019...
Old 12-22-2020, 07:30 PM   #23
Nitronut

Drives: Duramax, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Yeah, I posted that in 2017 and just gave up and bought a 2019...
I did my Recaros today.
Old 07-03-2022, 03:00 PM   #24
greenz28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS M6, Ford Fiesta ST
I can confirm that you don't have to disconnect the battery when removing the seats. I did this job about a month ago on my 2020 SS. Air bags were fine, even after I disconnected them. Also, if you're like me and don't have a T50 to remove seats, a T47 is close enough, it worked for me.

I bent the headrests at the same time. They're not hard to remove after you see how. This is not a Camaro, but process is the same:

So, removed headrest, then used 4x4 piece of wood, a towel, a floor jack, and leverage from under the car to get them bent. I forget details, search Youtube for "bend headrest" for ideas.

I used a Dremel instead of a drill to remove the welds holding those pesky pins that prevent full recline of seats. Used an SGS brand carbide bit in the Dremel. Well, I messed up my Dremel doing this but worth it. These seat modifications along with a skip shift eliminator were totally worth it! I can finally drive my Camaro in comfort!
greenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote