Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-06-2021, 07:51 PM   #1
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
**SOLD*** SMART TOP CONTROL FOR SALE

Hello Convertible owners, I’ll be selling my car soon. I decided to post here as we’re a pretty small group.

I purchased the pictured smartop controller for $299. I operated the top perhaps 20 times before removing the module (this afternoon). I’m selling for $200.

I’ll also throw in the convertible specific remote control covers (very, very lightly used) they’re rubber and fit like a glove.

I don’t use electronic payment systems outside of my primary bank. But, don’t have a problem sending you the items, if you send me a check in return. YOU MUST BE A “SEMI” RESPECTABLE MEMBER ON THIS SITE THOUGH

Please PM, if interested.

Please see the link below on the product, install etc. my module is already programmed. So plug and play.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=584102
Attached Images

Last edited by Chutzpah; 10-12-2021 at 04:41 PM.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 08:29 AM   #2
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
"Convertible specific" covers? The remotes are all shaped the same but have different button layouts, I thought? The hard plastic cover I bought for my primary fob will fit all flavors of Camaro plus the Malibu (I believe).

Are you moving away from the Camaro to a different toy?

Last edited by ember1205; 10-07-2021 at 12:44 PM.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 12:40 PM   #3
joekd

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS vert
So tempting!

Keep telling myself for $300 I can hold a button down, well this one isn't $300 so trying to win the argument and justify it to myself
Old 10-07-2021, 12:44 PM   #4
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekd View Post
So tempting!

Keep telling myself for $300 I can hold a button down, well this one isn't $300 so trying to win the argument and justify it to myself
Do it! Do it! Do it!
Old 10-07-2021, 03:45 PM   #5
Chutzpah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
"Convertible specific" covers? The remotes are all shaped the same but have different button layouts, I thought? The hard plastic cover I bought for my primary fob will fit all flavors of Camaro plus the Malibu (I believe).

Are you moving away from the Camaro to a different toy?
The covers are actually really nice… the rubber is great for impact and not sliding out of your pocket. They have one more button than the typical coupe remote (so convertible specific).

I haven’t made up my mind yet… But, I’m heavily leaning toward a 1SS coupe. I think I’d put more miles on owning a coupe. The power of the the Z is nice, but it’s just not useable where I live. 400lbs less weight and 455HP, there’s nothing wrong with that. I prefer cloth seats too….

The market is crazy…as everyone knows. I had people calling, texting and emailing me offers before they saw the car. Got 65k for a car that I owned for 42 months….I paid 67.5K for it. This was the very first dealer that I brought it too and actually looked at it. Took all of 20 minutes, in and out with a check…
Old 10-07-2021, 03:47 PM   #6
Chutzpah

Quote:
So tempting!

I said semi respectable member!!!
Old 10-07-2021, 06:25 PM   #7
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
The covers are actually really nice… the rubber is great for impact and not sliding out of your pocket. They have one more button than the typical coupe remote (so convertible specific).

I haven’t made up my mind yet… But, I’m heavily leaning toward a 1SS coupe. I think I’d put more miles on owning a coupe. The power of the the Z is nice, but it’s just not useable where I live. 400lbs less weight and 455HP, there’s nothing wrong with that. I prefer cloth seats too….

The market is crazy…as everyone knows. I had people calling, texting and emailing me offers before they saw the car. Got 65k for a car that I owned for 42 months….I paid 67.5K for it. This was the very first dealer that I brought it too and actually looked at it. Took all of 20 minutes, in and out with a check…
If you have a Convertible w/ auto trans, then you will have buttons for remote start and convertible top control - one more than my remote has because it's the M6. But, the overall shape is the same, I believe. In other words, I would believe that the covers you would have would fit any remote for any variation of the Camaro. If there is some sort of divider that's molded into it because of the button layout, that could make a difference...

Sounds like you did quite well on the sale. I'd be really curious to know who you shopped it to if you want to send me a PM. I have a pretty solid idea of who you DIDN'T sell it to, and that's the dealer where I bought mine...
Old 10-07-2021, 08:06 PM   #8
Chutzpah

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
If you have a Convertible w/ auto trans, then you will have buttons for remote start and convertible top control - one more than my remote has because it's the M6. But, the overall shape is the same, I believe. In other words, I would believe that the covers you would have would fit any remote for any variation of the Camaro. If there is some sort of divider that's molded into it because of the button layout, that could make a difference...

Sounds like you did quite well on the sale. I'd be really curious to know who you shopped it to if you want to send me a PM. I have a pretty solid idea of who you DIDN'T sell it to, and that's the dealer where I bought mine...

Ah yes, I didn’t think about you M6 guys… no auto start (peasants)

I noticed I made a mistake… owned the Z for just over 24 months, not 42 months.

One way to get more for your car is to bring it to the competition. This place had 6 GT500’s and a couple GT 350’s. They saw my car and didn’t blink an eye when I asked what I did. They just asked me not to shop it around anymore. The owner happened to be there, so that worked out in my favor… they didn’t even start the car!!

I’ll PM you…
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2021, 08:13 AM   #9
joekd

Quote:
I said semi respectable member!!!
Hey, I am sort of, kind of, maybe a tiny hair bit respectable in my old age
Old 10-08-2021, 08:16 AM   #10
joekd

Quote:
One way to get more for your car is to bring it to the competition. This place had 6 GT500’s and a couple GT 350’s. They saw my car and didn’t blink an eye when I asked what I did. They just asked me not to shop it around anymore. The owner happened to be there, so that worked out in my favor… they didn’t even start the car!!
Let me guess, Tasca? Buddy just picked up a gt350 from them a few months ago and still can't stop raving about the place

Went to a show there years ago when I owned a Mustang, they brought out their drag car with open exhaust and all just to show it off
Old 10-08-2021, 08:17 AM   #11
ember1205
Hot Camaro

STUPID easy to install: https://youtu.be/JsT7Yw4TuCU
Old 10-08-2021, 08:44 AM   #12
Chutzpah

Quote:
Hey, I am sort of, kind of, maybe a tiny hair bit respectable in my old age
Of course you are… but the only way you become even more respectable is to upgrade you’re convertible with a Smart Top module
Old 10-08-2021, 08:48 AM   #13
Chutzpah

Quote:
Let me guess, Tasca? Buddy just picked up a gt350 from them a few months ago and still can't stop raving about the place

Went to a show there years ago when I owned a Mustang, they brought out their drag car with open exhaust and all just to show it off
I know Tasca is high volume, performance oriented dealer (big name for sure)

But, in this case I went to Greico.
Old 10-08-2021, 10:23 AM   #14
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Yep, Ford and Mopar can't make verts out of their high-HP cars because the chassis are too flimsy. Only Chevy has a ... say it with me:

SIX-HUNDRED FIFTY HORSEPOWER
CONVERTIBLE!

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote