#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 06-15-2020, 07:37 AM   #1
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
OEM Windscreen - Best Price?

Where is the best source for this to get the best price with a warranty from GM?

Alternatively, if someone has one in good condition that they want to sell at a good price, PM me.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:27 AM   #2
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
I got mine at https://www.gmpartswarehouse.com/
But i think they are all pretty close in price. One way to do it is google search GM 23432014 and the list and pricing should show up.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:35 AM   #3
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
I got mine at https://www.gmpartswarehouse.com/
But i think they are all pretty close in price. One way to do it is google search GM 23432014 and the list and pricing should show up.
I had done that, and found mostly what you're pointing out... It's either full MSRP or roughly the same discount. The piece that seems variable is whether you have to also pay shipping on it or not, and how much.

I am going to put in a call to my local dealer (NOT where I bought the car) to see what they would sell it for, but I've already found an online listing for basically the same price as what the dealers are offering it for and there's no shipping on this one.

Honestly, I was hoping that someone might have an OEM one that they want to sell for a good price. They seem hard to find used...
Old 06-15-2020, 09:10 AM   #4
FarmerFran

I can see why, they are nice.
Old 06-15-2020, 09:15 AM   #5
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
I can see why, they are nice.
Agreed.

I'm betting that those that have bought them, bought them with the car and sell/trade them with the car. Those that buy them after the fact likely hold on to the car and don't have a reason to sell it.
Old 06-15-2020, 09:48 AM   #6
ember1205
Hot Camaro

I've been continuing to search and I found three things:

- Local dealers state they have little to no markup room to work with for these and basically sell them at MSRP as a result. The only way to potentially get a break would be to lump it in with the purchase of a car, but that would result in the discount on the accessory being 'hidden' in the price of the car. So, no gain.

- ShopChevyParts.com appears to have the best overall price with a shipping cost across the country of about $20.

- I found a discount code for an additional 5% off as a new customer, and that pretty much covered the cost of shipping. Just a touch under $400, shipped, brand new with warranty. It's currently out of stock, but that's ok because I can't drive the car anyhow as I'm waiting for the plates.
Old 06-15-2020, 10:25 AM   #7
FarmerFran

I got mine 413 shipped. So that seems good.
Old 06-15-2020, 06:03 PM   #8
sklippi2018

Drives: 2023 Camaro SS 1LE
I got my OEM off of eBay for about $387 including s/h. I did check shopchevyparts.com and it as around same ball park and the dealer would not price match. Still good as new!
sklippi2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 07:32 PM   #9
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sklippi2018 View Post
I got my OEM off of eBay for about $387 including s/h. I did check shopchevyparts.com and it as around same ball park and the dealer would not price match. Still good as new!
There was one used on eBay but the price was like $385. I paid $10 more to get a brand new one that's fully warrantied. The new ones on ebay started at about $415.

All prices included shipping, but not tax. I would have paid tax through eBay, and that would have made the used one MORE expensive than a new one. I reached out to the seller to see if he'd budge and he said no go. He'll likely be sitting on that thing for a while. Oh well...
Old 06-16-2020, 06:23 AM   #10
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
FreddyFCS gave me mine for just shipping cost. Had a couple minor holes in it, but works like a charm! Found his post in the free/giveaway section.
Love this site and community. Thanks FreddyFCS!
Old 06-16-2020, 09:15 AM   #11
nferr

Drives: CamaroRS, Cadillac CTS, MGB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
There was one used on eBay but the price was like $385. I paid $10 more to get a brand new one that's fully warrantied. The new ones on ebay started at about $415.

All prices included shipping, but not tax. I would have paid tax through eBay, and that would have made the used one MORE expensive than a new one. I reached out to the seller to see if he'd budge and he said no go. He'll likely be sitting on that thing for a while. Oh well...
I bought a used one on ebay a couple weeks ago for $295 with free shipping. Was more than I wanted to pay for a used one but I'm happy with it. I actually had bought a new one from a vendor but I got an email saying they were on backorder so I cancelled.
nferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 09:48 AM   #12
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nferr View Post
I bought a used one on ebay a couple weeks ago for $295 with free shipping. Was more than I wanted to pay for a used one but I'm happy with it. I actually had bought a new one from a vendor but I got an email saying they were on backorder so I cancelled.
Used OEM? That isn't too bad of a price, especially if it's in good condition and still has the carry bag.

What area of CT are you in? I'm on the western edge of Hartford county...
Old 06-16-2020, 03:36 PM   #13
CamaroSS18
Camaro2SS18

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Go with Shopchevyparts. You are right in that they will be the cheapest, with code, with shipping. When I got mine, I had searched at least 15 different places and compared them all and in the end shopchevyparts was the cheapest for pretty much everything OEM that you want for your car.
CamaroSS18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:07 PM   #14
ember1205
Hot Camaro

A little update here...

I ordered my windscreen on 6/15 or right about there. It showed that it was backordered with an expected in-stock date of 6/25. Can't get a plate for the car (another story) at the moment, so no skin off of my back to wait a few days.

6/23, I happen to check the site and now it shows 8/21 as the in-stock date. I called them up to see if mine would still be coming in on 6/25 and maybe the 8/21 was because of the backorder logjam building up. Nope. GM can't get them from THEIR supplier due to COVID.

6/24, I run a national search on CraigsList and find one in FL. Sent an email. 6/25, no answer. Send another email.

The guy wrote back, end up sending his phone number, and we chatted for a while. He agreed to ship it out to me and actually sent it -today-. $245 and I'll have it on Tuesday. He had it in his car for a year and kept it when he traded it. Should be in basically brand new condition.

Called ShopChevyParts and canceled my order with them. The guy was really great and was actually looking through various inventory to see if he had any sources in my area that could possibly get it sooner (to try and save the sale), but there's just nothing out there at the moment.

I'm glad I found the used one. And, I'll be even more glad if what's in the box is a windscreen. That's in like new condition. And it fits my car.