Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 09-27-2021, 11:39 PM   #15
dyingbreed

Drives: Car
Questions about the windscreen:
Do you manually put it in place and it just stays there in place vertically until you remove it or does it fold down?
If it's folded down, does that mean no one can sit in the back seats?
What do people usually do with it when the top is up? Leave it there? Remove it? Fold it down? Why?
dyingbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 12:37 AM   #16
Ron2ss

Drives: 2020 2ss vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyingbreed View Post
Questions about the windscreen:
Do you manually put it in place and it just stays there in place vertically until you remove it or does it fold down?
If it's folded down, does that mean no one can sit in the back seats?
What do people usually do with it when the top is up? Leave it there? Remove it? Fold it down? Why?
No one can sit in the back seat when the windscreen is in place, but it does remove very easily if you need to sit someone back there. When in place, the screen can be folded down. When it is hot and I need all the breeze I can get, I fold the screen down. Conversely when it is cooler out I have the screen in the up position. I keep my windscreen in place all the time as nobody ever sits in my back seat. The windscreen does not affect the top operation in either position. The windscreen in its storage bag will fit under the folded top behind the trunk divider. This information applies to the GM windscreen only as I am not familiar with other brands.
Ron2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 10:21 AM   #17
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron2ss View Post
No one can sit in the back seat when the windscreen is in place, but it does remove very easily if you need to sit someone back there. When in place, the screen can be folded down. When it is hot and I need all the breeze I can get, I fold the screen down. Conversely when it is cooler out I have the screen in the up position. I keep my windscreen in place all the time as nobody ever sits in my back seat. The windscreen does not affect the top operation in either position. The windscreen in its storage bag will fit under the folded top behind the trunk divider. This information applies to the GM windscreen only as I am not familiar with other brands.
Great info.

The one thing I will add is that the windscreen has both a horizontal and vertical component to it. The vertical piece is what's being referred to by folding down or up, and it is what actively works to block wind/turbulence when it's up.

Whether the vertical piece is up or down, the horizontal piece is essentially 'fixed' and always serves to cover the rear seating area.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 05:23 PM   #18
dyingbreed

Quote:
The windscreen in its storage bag will fit under the folded top behind the trunk divider.
That is nice. So you mean that does not consume any trunk space?
Old 09-30-2021, 05:32 PM   #19
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
That is nice. So you mean that does not consume any trunk space?
When folded and in the bag, it's roughly about 22-24" square and about 2" thick. Next time I get a chance to see my car, I can take actual measurements. LOL
Old 09-30-2021, 05:34 PM   #20
dyingbreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
the horizontal piece is essentially 'fixed' and always serves to cover the rear seating area.
Thanks for the clarification. Now I understand why you can't have rear passengers whether the windshield is vertical or horizontal. Any chance of having a child safety seat (no kid in it) AND the windshield installed at same time?
Old 09-30-2021, 05:46 PM   #21
dyingbreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
When folded and in the bag, it's roughly about 22-24" square and about 2" thick. Next time I get a chance to see my car, I can take actual measurements. LOL
That's OK. No need for measurement. I just wanted to get the concept. Sounds like it does take a vertical ~2" slice of trunk space.

Last edited by dyingbreed; 09-30-2021 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:13 PM   #22
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. Now I understand why you can't have rear passengers whether the windshield is vertical or horizontal. Any chance of having a child safety seat (no kid in it) AND the windshield installed at same time?
It would depend on the seat. Something like a simple booster would likely be ok, but anything more than maybe about 12" tall is likely to bump up against the underside of the horizontal section of the windscreen when it's installed.

The pic sort of shows that the windscreen sits down inside of the rear seat area. If you look closely, you'll see a thicker plastic "bar" that runs horizontally from one side to the other at the bottom of the upright portion. The horizontal portion sits another 2" below that (bottom) and runs back almost against the seatback.
Attached Images

Old 10-01-2021, 12:23 AM   #23
Ron2ss

Drives: 2020 2ss vert
Here is another picture showing the location of the horizontal piece.
Attached Images

Ron2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 08:28 AM   #24
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Great pic, @ron2ss.

I grabbed a screenshot off of a video I had taken (completely forgot I had it) that shows it from the front, folded down.
Attached Images

Old 10-01-2021, 06:41 PM   #25
xandee

Drives: 2018 camaro 2LT
Quote:
in addition to all the infos already stated. this should make things easier
Attached Images

xandee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 12:44 AM   #26
dyingbreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandee View Post
in addition to all the infos already stated. this should make things easier
These are the best pics for my purpose. Thanks a lot. It's a hard no until he's in a booster. Thanks everyone else too. I really appreciate all the pics.