Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-08-2020, 07:19 AM   #1
cheeze9878

Drives: 17 camaro ss
EOS question

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this company and more importantly if any has any experience with this spoiler

https://extremeonlinestore.com/colle...31406148911171

I'm looking to get this spoiler and wonder how their products hold up and how they are for prep work and just overall quality of the product itself.
cheeze9878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 09:48 AM   #2
R1LEY

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE
Honestly, don't do it unless you only care about the looks and drive less than 60 mph. I had that exact wing and while it looked good, the ends bounced whenever driving at highway speeds. It won't fall apart completely if you go faster than that, but the winglets on the end will come off if you only use the tape that's included. The bouncing/rattling was something that bothered me because I could see it in my mirror constantly.
R1LEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 10:16 AM   #3
cheeze9878

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LEY View Post
Honestly, don't do it unless you only care about the looks and drive less than 60 mph. I had that exact wing and while it looked good, the ends bounced whenever driving at highway speeds. It won't fall apart completely if you go faster than that, but the winglets on the end will come off if you only use the tape that's included. The bouncing/rattling was something that bothered me because I could see it in my mirror constantly.
Thanks for the feedback. That sucks to hear, do you know of any other wings that are sturdier and better constructed? I was looking at the C7 Carbon also because it has two different heights but it's twice the price,or the IKON motorsports. I know duraflex has one but I've heard bad things about them from hood shopping.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:10 AM   #4
R1LEY

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE
Yeah unfortunately for the price there isn't really anything sturdier. If I were buying another one, I'd save a little more and get the Anderson Composites one. It looks exactly like oem unlike the C7 Carbon version, but it is more expensive.
R1LEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 11:59 AM   #5
cheeze9878

Yea I would go anderson but I don't like the look of Carbon Fiber. I'm going all black
Old 07-08-2020, 01:30 PM   #6
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
you can paint carbon fiber.

there are plenty of reasons to want carbon fiber parts over fiberglass other than looks. Especially if you're concerned with flex.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:53 AM   #7
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Here's what I can tell you about the company and the products of theirs that I have...

I sent a handful of emails to them before buying a splitter / skirt kit. While the responses took a full day to come back, I did get all of my questions answered.

The installation manuals leave a LOT to be desired. I'm pretty sure they were written in Chinese, translated to Korean, described over the phone to the printer that put them in English, and then put through the process again.

The installation manuals may have combinations of vehicles for parts that have model-specific applications. The installation instructions for the skirts have a cover page for the Camaro and inner pages for the Corvette (which is fine because the steps are the same). Also, the way they word some of the information is exceptionally confusing.

As far as the products, lots of folks will gripe about poor fitment. For me, I bought a kit that was specific to the 2019-2020 models and it seems to fit quite well. In fact, many people have had issues with the skirts not adhering correctly via the tape during the initial phase of installation but mine are pretty solid with tape only at this point.

I also found that the splitter was pretty much ready to go and it installed fairly easily. The skirts needed a fair amount of cleanup to ensure that the mating surface against the car was smooth and had no protruding pieces of plastic. Cleanup of the skirts was not hard, and didn't take an excessive amount of time. Applying the tape was a bear because they do not give you any useful guidance on where to apply and I had to put my "engineering hat" on to determine ideal locations for the strips to ensure it would hold correctly.

The pieces are molded plastic. While reasonably solid for what they are, you have to keep that in mind and understand that deformity, especially while in motion, is to be expected on some level. The splitter is a pretty solid item and with so many attachment points it stays pretty rigid. The skirts are much more flexible and I don't yet know how they will hold up. I can absolutely see where a spoiler / wing could flex a LOT more as it has only a couple of points where it's held firm while the rest is subjected to a lot of turbulence from the wind.

Their prices are attractive, but it appears that you have to be a bit careful about exactly what items you buy and proper installation is key.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote