Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-12-2019, 02:47 PM   #15
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Looks like mostly soft parts.. fender, door. hood is looks OK, A-pillar looks ok.

Fight like hell for diminished value payback.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:49 PM   #16
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyca View Post
Can someone PLEASE educate me on how to make the pictures upright. Even if I flip them and post upside down they are still flipped lol. I guess I can smile about that.

I am completely outraged by this. The front driver side was literally crushed by a overloaded dump truck. As you can see in the pictures he nearly hit me head on. Damage is made to both the driver and passenger side of the car. It also looks like there is a slight buckle in the rear passenger quarter which would be a result of a bent structure. I wont lie I have loved every moment of this car but it will never be the same. My plan was to buy back and pull drive train for a project. I hope and pray when they do a tear down they find even more damage which we know they will. I am about to be the worlds pickiest customer on this car. unless it is absolutely perfect I wont accept. That car was ceramic coated and had a clear bra put on just a few weeks prior. Damn it.

Take a look at that first picture. He literally turned into me. I seen it happen and was at a complete stop. The clown rear ended a big rig in front of him then came into my lane. Hell I had to climb out the pass window.

Attachment 991233

Attachment 991234

Attachment 991235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl3r View Post
The Total Loss Formula (TLF) in California is:
Cost of Repairs + Salvage Value ≥ Actual Cash Value

Also, tell insurance you will put in a claim for diminished value. This car will be declared a total loss before you know it.
If that is a total loss it looks like another case for Litauen import cheap repair and expensive sale.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:59 PM   #17
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
OP, sorry for your loss... IMO it's a writeoff after diminished value. Yeah it's a good parts car as drivetrain and interior is likely perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Looks like mostly soft parts.. fender, door. hood is looks OK, A-pillar looks ok.

Fight like hell for diminished value payback.
With the hit on the left side and a jersey-barrier-like smush on the right, all of the DS front end aluminum suspension and K-member will be gone in addition to all the body work and wheels on the PS. Driver door took a big enough hit that the A-pillar, B-pillar and rocker will be done too... which means the entire DS side steel ... and that's a ton of labor for all that body and steel work. Once a body shop gets it all itemized and in front of the adjuster it'll be a short conversation.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:00 PM   #18
appleman22

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
if they decide to fix it, you are owed for diminished value. A few of us on here have used zb negotiations with good success. Call and ask for john.
516-428-2392
appleman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:41 PM   #19
twoballscrewball

Drives: 89 Iroc Convertible, 2017 2SS Fifty
Good luck whatever happens. If they fix it, I hope it's better than new. If they total it, I hope that LT1 and 8 speed find their way into something awesome (how about my 1989 Iroc???? lol) or seriously maybe a clean 1992 25th anniv Z28. Sick
twoballscrewball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:16 PM   #20
LT4

Drives: all sold, getting another soon..
It gets worse for you...the warranty is ruined as well. If anything goes wrong on the drivers side of the car, GM will say its accident damage and refuse to pay. Your situation matches my nightmare.
LT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:42 PM   #21
Brudda*Termite

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Wow, that could have gone a lot worse, good you're not injured! I agree with getting picky, picky, picky! After recent experiences with my insurance company, I know why the ambulance chasing lawyers that people trash out are in existence..
Old 06-13-2019, 02:41 AM   #22
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
[QUOTE=T

Also, tell insurance you will put in a claim for diminished value. This car will be declared a total loss before you know it.[/QUOTE]

Words to live by!
karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:42 AM   #23
Infamus

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Well I tell you that at least in FL DV has nothing to do with the decision to total or not. It comes down to what does it cost to repair and what the value of the vehicle is. Here its 80% of the value of the car. If you want DV you have to hire an attorney and sue either your insurance company or the other guys. NO insurance company that I know of factors in DV when doing a collision estimate. So get one and sue...

From the picture you have a fender, door, mirror and a wheel. Doubt that is total anywhere in the USA. BTW next time take it to the dealer and let them repair it in their body shop or one that they use and certify, it will help with any future warranty issues.

good luck and glad your OK!
Infamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:50 AM   #24
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
First off I'm glad to hear you weren't seriously injured and were able to get out of the car on your own, based on those pictures.

Everyone seems to have covered all the angles about repairs, future car value, etc.

I only have one thing to add. I'm sick and tired of irresponsible truck drivers, who make good ones look bad, this is a problem in Canada as well. You may have heard about the truck driver who ran a stop sign in rural Saskatchewan who pretty much wiped out an entire junior hockey team, on their way to a tournament (#HumboltStrong).

In MY opinion if I were in your situation, I would be suing the driver of the truck and the company he works for.
I know no amount of money will put your car back to original specs, but these people need to be held accountable for their stupidity; ANY FASTER YOU COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED!

I wish you all the best in the repairs and beyond.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:25 AM   #25
lgarrison34

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE HBM, 2010 SS FBO/Cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamus View Post
Well I tell you that at least in FL DV has nothing to do with the decision to total or not. It comes down to what does it cost to repair and what the value of the vehicle is. Here its 80% of the value of the car. If you want DV you have to hire an attorney and sue either your insurance company or the other guys. NO insurance company that I know of factors in DV when doing a collision estimate. So get one and sue...

From the picture you have a fender, door, mirror and a wheel. Doubt that is total anywhere in the USA. BTW next time take it to the dealer and let them repair it in their body shop or one that they use and certify, it will help with any future warranty issues.

good luck and glad your OK!
I see quarter panel damage as well. If that's the case they will have to cut out and weld a new one in. I definitely wouldn't want the car back then.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:13 AM   #26
chevyboy01438

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
I feel your pain. I'm at $17,700 in damages and the insurance company keeps going back and forth on if it is totaled or not. They are trying to value the car at $36k. Hope you come out the way you wanted!!!
Attached Images

11/30/17 | Club F1FTY
chevyboy01438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:48 AM   #27
shawndean22

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
If they end up repairing it, get a diminished value claim. Accident wont hurt value too much maybe 15-20%. Even a salvage title is about 20% compared to normal value.
shawndean22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:27 PM   #28
kweevuss

Drives: 18' Hyper Blue Camaro 2SS
From my xpel installer he said that you can most times also include the price to re-do the clear wrap. So that will also add to the price of repair as long as the insurance accepts it.
kweevuss is offline   Reply With Quote