Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-15-2019, 10:37 AM   #43
Cmax

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS FIFTY convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
Whoa there money bags, duct tape will get the job done right, you don't need to splurge on bondo to get this beaut shining again.
Thanks....you made me laugh out loud!.... duct tape is cheaper than bondo, and none of that pesky sanding to do either.

Seriously though, that is a tough choice. It might be worth bringing it back to life because it is a Fifty, and I for one think it is bad ass.
But if it were me, I might find a half finished 69 or 70 Camaro and use as much of the 17 that you can to resto-mod. The morph possibilities are near endless. Even the interior.... maybe spoiler... Emblems... dash and steering column...
I can’t wait to hear about what you decide
Cmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 01:43 PM   #44
matt fe2o3

Drives: 2SS Hyper Blue
Totaling it out is best way on things like that. Too much damage.

Several posters here raised the issue of diminished value claims. In California there is no possibility for this. Oh, lawyers trying to get a personal injury case and such will throw it around - and the concept is present - however the application of the DV ratio in California is such that is precludes any diminished value recovery.

The method used in California is the "post" repaired value of the vehicle PLUS the cost of the repairs done, less the pre-accident value of the car = DV.

So for a 40k pre accident value vehicle that is now, after repairs worth 25k and the repairs cost 20k - the total value for DV purposed is 45k - hence no DV claim.

Its a real pisser out here in California but the reform on property damage rules have been done to protect the insurance companies and reduce or eliminate property damage litigation.

The only recourse folks have is if an insurance company does not honor a policy or a rider to a policy. I keep both New Car Replacement and OEM parts endorsement on our cars. I'm with Safeco.

Here in California the totaled factor is up to the insurance company but it is generally 80% of the initial estimate for cost of repairs plus the salvage value of the vehicle. California lets insurance go 100% - so the factor be it 80%, 90% 75% is up to each insurance company.

Two new cars totaled last year - one by wife one by another driver. No injuries and we came out fine $$ wise - learned a lot and had a few battles with insurance.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:08 AM   #45
teddyca

Drives: Blown C7 and 6th gen
Likely going to just part it out. Wife didnt like the car from the gate. I didnt need it (wanted it) and she thinks it is jinxed lol. I just dont know what the demand is for a 16-18 Camaro. Right now most of them are under a warranty and not many doing work on them. Now in 5 years I bet I can skin this cat no problem. Hell I might pull interior, drivetrain, Computers, Brakes, spend about 3 months selling whats left and let her go. LOL
teddyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:36 PM   #46
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Strip the car, sell the parts and keep the harness etc and drivetrain for your old car,
It will make a nice efficient old school driver.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 02:14 PM   #47
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyca View Post
Likely going to just part it out. Wife didnt like the car from the gate. I didnt need it (wanted it) and she thinks it is jinxed lol. I just dont know what the demand is for a 16-18 Camaro. Right now most of them are under a warranty and not many doing work on them. Now in 5 years I bet I can skin this cat no problem. Hell I might pull interior, drivetrain, Computers, Brakes, spend about 3 months selling whats left and let her go. LOL
100 bucks for your exhaust

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:02 PM   #48
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyca View Post
Can someone PLEASE educate me on how to make the pictures upright. Even if I flip them and post upside down they are still flipped lol. I guess I can smile about that.

I am completely outraged by this. The front driver side was literally crushed by a overloaded dump truck. As you can see in the pictures he nearly hit me head on. Damage is made to both the driver and passenger side of the car. It also looks like there is a slight buckle in the rear passenger quarter which would be a result of a bent structure. I wont lie I have loved every moment of this car but it will never be the same. My plan was to buy back and pull drive train for a project. I hope and pray when they do a tear down they find even more damage which we know they will. I am about to be the worlds pickiest customer on this car. unless it is absolutely perfect I wont accept. That car was ceramic coated and had a clear bra put on just a few weeks prior. Damn it.

Take a look at that first picture. He literally turned into me. I seen it happen and was at a complete stop. The clown rear ended a big rig in front of him then came into my lane. Hell I had to climb out the pass window.

Attachment 991233

Attachment 991234

Attachment 991235
Based on your photos it doesnt look like a total loss to me with 32 years in the appraisal buisness out in the field. Any windshield or air bag deployment?, need a good pic of the drivers side 1/4 panel and passenger side 1/4 panel
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote