Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Autos For Sale / Wanted

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-12-2019, 01:57 AM   #1
TEST DRyVer

Drives: 17 ZL1 6mt with PDR
WTB: 2SS 1LE or ZL1 6mt

I'll start off by saying that I can't stand WTB threads, especially since it seems like most of the time it's posted just above the car that they're "looking to buy." My situation is a bit different as I have shopped this forum to page 6 (I've pm'd all the sellers that fit my criteria), CarGurus, Autotrader, Cars.com, Craigslist, Carmax, and several others. I did find a car. Now I'm looking to possibly beat it (if possible).
All of you considering selling (that fit my criteria), that have yet to list, feel free to reach out.

Looking for a 2SS 1LE (up to $37k max for perfect match) or ZL1 6mt (up to $48k max For a perfect match).

No bright colors please (red, yellow, blue, etc). I don't necessarily want black (I live in AZ), but for the right deal, I'd buy black and wrap it.
PDR is preferred, but not a deal breaker.
Looking for a low mileage car (under 10k).

I was going to wait a bit longer to buy, but if I come across the right deal now, I'd buy now and be done with it.

I wouldn't of posted a WTB ad, but there are some here that either are too emotionally attached to their cars or they simply owe too much on them. Either way, some of the prices I've seen here are what a dealership would charge, or even more than a dealership.

Please text, and we can set up a phone chat...

Thanks for Looking,

Cell (248) 417-0983

Esthetics: Nardo Grey wrap with original black accents throughout, complete Xpel ceramic coat, Diode Dynamics markers, Smoked GM tail & 3rd brake light, C7 Carbon 1LE style Spoiler in blk, ACS splash guards, blk'd out emblems. Variant Krypton wheels in Gloss black.

Performance: AWE Touring catback exhaust with resonator, Rotofab dry intake, TM throttle body, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers with Green Cats, Advanced Fuel Dynamics Flex Fuel kit with e50 blend and dyno tuned.

Current Family car (for the wifey): 2021 Audi SQ5
TEST DRyVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:22 AM   #2
TEST DRyVer

Bump! C'mon guys! Bank is lined up and I'm ready to go! Someone sell me a car from this forum!

Esthetics: Nardo Grey wrap with original black accents throughout, complete Xpel ceramic coat, Diode Dynamics markers, Smoked GM tail & 3rd brake light, C7 Carbon 1LE style Spoiler in blk, ACS splash guards, blk'd out emblems. Variant Krypton wheels in Gloss black.

Performance: AWE Touring catback exhaust with resonator, Rotofab dry intake, TM throttle body, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers with Green Cats, Advanced Fuel Dynamics Flex Fuel kit with e50 blend and dyno tuned.

Old 06-16-2019, 07:11 PM   #3
Soon2Be

Drives: Not worth mentioning...Yet!
The prices you are looking for simply aren't reasonable. I imagine you getting little to no traction until that changes. I am looking for the same cars which is why I peeped out the thread. Don't get me wrong, good luck, I hope you find the mega deals you are expecting and if you do see if he has two!!! I'll buy the other one! lol
Soon2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:47 PM   #4
kbob

Drives: 2018 camaro zl1
I have a blue zl1 the trade in is 54000. You are off a good bit in your numbers
kbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:59 AM   #5
TEST DRyVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbob View Post
I have a blue zl1 the trade in is 54000. You are off a good bit in your numbers
Sorry buddy, your information is inaccurate. The numbers are out there, I'm looking daily. My numbers are aggressive, but realistic. $54-57k for a ZL1 is what dealers are asking, retail (for a 17-18). If you're looking at KBB or Edmunds trade-in value, I'd urge you to stroll into a dealership and let them give you a figure. Unless they have a client lined up for your car at north of $60k, $54k is not happening (or if maybe you have a 19).
I had someone lined up with a 7100 mile 2SS 1LE for $35k. That deal died as a local buyer went and placed a cash deposit.
A dealer will offer early to mid $40's for a 17 ZL1. It is my line of work.
But I appreciate your comment, maybe that's why no one has posted here. These cars don't make good on the resale market, and since I'm shopping slightly pre-owned, I'm counting on it... Chevy (and several other brands) kill off their own resale value when they offer year-round incentives (and one of the biggest ones starts in July).

Old 06-23-2019, 01:11 AM   #6
TEST DRyVer

Bump. Still looking and ready to buy.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:25 PM   #7
eyephaco

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
I have 2018 2SS 1LE FOR SALE

I have a black on black with PDR and sunroof only has 5200 miles on it. Willing to sell for 39K. Can't drive the car anymore blew out my knee.
Attached Images

eyephaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 02:37 AM   #8
TEST DRyVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyephaco View Post
I have a black on black with PDR and sunroof only has 5200 miles on it. Willing to sell for 39K. Can't drive the car anymore blew out my knee.
Hey There Phaco,

I received your text, and really appreciate you reaching out. You have a nice car (you sent a couple of really nice pics)! I have a car on the West Coast that's white, a few cosmetic mods, exhaust, similar mileage to yours, in white, but no PDR. He is at the exact same price as yours. Although I would prefer a PDR car, I would opt for the non-blk because I live in the desert. Your car is still appealing, but would cost me almost 3X as much to ship to Phoenix.
Sorry to hear about your knees. When I threw out my lower back at the gym, I wasn't able to apply pressure to the clutch for over a month. I was trading my sports car to just about any of my friends to drive their economic based car or truck.
My good buddy just sold his E92 M3 Comp Pkg 6mt and bought another E92 M3 Comp Pkg with DCT because of his knees.
At the moment, I am leaning toward a 17 ZL1 6mt with 9k miles, PDR, blk, for $48.5k.
GLWS, get it listed as soon as possible. The lower mileage cars like the one you have are desirable among us car freaks...

Old 06-29-2019, 05:27 AM   #9
eyephaco

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
price is negotiable, if you want to discuss further.
eyephaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:16 AM   #10
TEST DRyVer

Found one! Deposit placed. Title in the mail, wire on the way. Transport will be set up once I hear the seller received funds.
17 ZL1 6mt with PDR in black (9,500 miles), no sunroof! Pretty excited! Let's see how black holds up for a few weeks in the desert. If it's always hot and dirty looking (which I'm certain will be the case), I'll have the car wrapped. Black is a good color to wrap because you can use the natural black accents wherever you want.