Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-10-2019, 11:19 PM   #29
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Good job on getting the 275 tires. The stock 245s don’t look right. Love that color. Nice ride! But I couldn’t fathom paying that kind of cash per mo for a car I’m going to return. Yikes.

Last edited by cbr1100xx; 03-10-2019 at 11:33 PM.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 02:56 PM   #30
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Definitely drinks more gas i can tell you that after my trip back up from Florida. As for the side mirrors my only gripe is they don't tilt down while parallel parking like the Camaro. I do like the fact they fold in though when need be. My garage fits it fine and only difference is about 10" length. I will look into that plastic surrounding i guess when the time comes to replace it ect. Thanks for the info!
Actually that Camaro looks pretty good sitting there too.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 03-11-2019 at 03:06 PM. Reason: k
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:11 PM   #31
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Actually that Camaro looks pretty good sitting there too.

Thanks man! The Camaro has been a dream come true and drove like one too the whole time i have had it. Been a sad day taking parts off it and getting it ready to go back to dealer at end of this month.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:07 PM   #32
Scraps0f

Drives: 2018 NGM ZL1
Congrats on the new ride! Those dealership pictures are spot on to sell the vehicle. I was looking online at a used '16 Camaro that just hit a lot around the corner of me, you know to push it on people I know. Well, the pictures make it look small, short, narrow, bubbly and silly looking. I was hugely disappointed.
Scraps0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:19 PM   #33
mgwarlock
Nightfall Gray Blackout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Good luck and enjoy brother!
mgwarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:51 PM   #34
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Congrats! I was looking at one of these before picking up a 1LE. Let me know when you start selling parts.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:21 PM   #35
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Love the no apologies Challenger! My brother has a 2018 Hellcat in the same color combo. Enjoy!
Old 03-13-2019, 11:24 AM   #36
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Congrats on the Destroyer Grey Challenger. When my lease was up on my 2014 Mustang GT last summer, I was shopping around and test drove a black Scat Pack Shaker 392 with a 6 speed. I loved it. It was a serious contender for me next to the Camaro. But ended up getting a 2018 2SS 1LE instead due to price and cheaper insurance on the Camaro over the Challenger.

The Challenger, despite its enormous size and heft, is deceptively agile and corners exceptionally well for a big car. That deceptive and underrated good handling was what really made me want to get it. Its feels a lot lighter than it looks once you put your foot into it. And the Hemi exhaust note is incredible. Have fun with it. You picked a great car.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:59 PM   #37
keon718nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rray200 View Post
Congrats on the Destroyer Grey Challenger. When my lease was up on my 2014 Mustang GT last summer, I was shopping around and test drove a black Scat Pack Shaker 392 with a 6 speed. I loved it. It was a serious contender for me next to the Camaro. But ended up getting a 2018 2SS 1LE instead due to price and cheaper insurance on the Camaro over the Challenger.

The Challenger, despite its enormous size and heft, is deceptively agile and corners exceptionally well for a big car. That deceptive and underrated good handling was what really made me want to get it. Its feels a lot lighter than it looks once you put your foot into it. And the Hemi exhaust note is incredible. Have fun with it. You picked a great car.

Thanks for the post! I have had the Camaro for 39 months and loved it for sure. I feel good about the switch to the Challenger and really like the power and feel to it. I don't have any drag strips near me anymore and really needed something bigger for my daughter and wife. I wanted a 2dr and had my eye on this for some time. So far i really am happy and getting the windows tinted as we speak. Many will say its big and heavy, but man it has the power under the hood to back that up. The exhaust note is better/deeper IMO but will miss the pops and gurgles from the Camaro.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:55 PM   #38
mark307

Drives: 2016 Silver Camaro 1SS
Congrats man. Let's hook up one day, I would love to see her in person. She is beautiful. Good luck.
mark307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:01 PM   #39
UK Basketball Rocks

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Well it took some thinking and traveling to make a hard decision but it has been done. My lease is up on my Camaro and needs to go back to the dealer by the 28th of this month. I was really trying to like the refreshed 19' Camaro but trying to like a car isn't a great decision in the end when i would be kicking my own ass for making wrong choices.

First i would like to say thank you to everybody on these forums that helped me out, whether it be direct or just reading the info on here has made life a lot easier on the car side of things. Many cool people i met on here as well joined a nice local club out of it.

The Camaro was one if not the best car i have had in many ways and i will miss it. I was always looking to get into the thing daily and really made me happy. I put some money into it and basically will be back to post them up for sale when i remove most of the parts i can pull. There will be a good amount to list when times comes within 2 weeks i would say.

Had a few issues in the 39 months i had the car but nothing major besides the A8 shudder that they can deal with when i turn it in. Other then that it was and still is a beast. With only 16,800 miles the dealer will be waiting in front for me for sure to resell. I have no complaints other then the center console being made poorly (my button popped out as well). Had a rear diff groan and also a overheat due to faulty cooling fan, but all taken care of pretty quick. I always loved the LT1 in the Vette and when i originally seen the Camaro online back in 2015 i was set on getting one due to back seats had a big part convincing the wifey with my daughter. My daughter grew out of the back and wife feels too tight(she is big boned) but complains enough.... I had my eyes set on another vehicle after test driving a few and while i was visiting my family in Florida last week i found a deal in Delray Beach Florida and couldn't resist the incentives and offer.

I know this is a Camaro forum but felt the need to post my personal story on my journey. I cancelled my flight and ended up driving my new car back to New York. I picked up a 2019 Dodge Challenger 392 Shaker w/many options including my favorite at this time besides the Shaker Package, The Harmon Kardon 18 speaker sound system. Unreal for what its worth and good looking too in the trunk. Originally i wanted the 1320 but this one they had sitting at the dealer was just sexy and i gave in. Next day i was driving off and very pleased. Not all into racing, but after having this Camaro SS i have the need for something fast and fun to drive. All and all i made it home safe and sound, just missed a tornado and was stuck in pouring rain, wind, debris on i95 Sunday night in Georgia. Car made it smoothly and was a blast. Enjoy or hate the picks but thank you all again. I will be back!!!!!
Beautiful car buddy!
UK Basketball Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:22 PM   #40
keon718nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark307 View Post
Congrats man. Let's hook up one day, I would love to see her in person. She is beautiful. Good luck.

Thanks bud! Yes for sure Mark, shoot me a text or PM and we will link up.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:23 PM   #41
keon718nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Basketball Rocks View Post
Beautiful car buddy!

Thanks man appreciated!!!
Old 03-13-2019, 08:36 PM   #42
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Congrats. Love the shaker hood, I want one in black. Definitely my next car after the Camaro.
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote