Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-06-2019, 10:47 AM   #15
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
First off thank you all for your kind comments and advice. This forum is one of the best i ever belonged to and hope i can be back down the road once again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty31 View Post
Did you buy it or lease it?

Leased it, Been going that route since 1999.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
You DONT turn in a car with that low of miles with a lease. You trade it in. If you are due to drive it 36,000 miles and you only have 16k, then you are likely in an equity position on the lease. I would have traded it in before I would have turned it in.

I understand what you mean but the set price on the lease is more then $33,000 on the buyout.

And funny thing Im looking at trading out of my 2017 Scat pack for a 2020 Camaro SS. The Scats have their share of problems too. There is a common rear end grown as well in the scat between 40-50mph. There are other issues with the interior as well. The grass is not greener. But I hope you got a good one. Make sure you swap out your brake pads like tomorrow for the Z26 power stop pads. The stock ones dust just looking at them. The Z26 pads are the cheap and popular swap for the 6 piston cars and they dont dust at all. And good luck every being able to stab 1st gear without a serious DR and burnout. But good luck.

Regardless every single car i gotten into has some type of issue. I understand after doing some reading about the brakes and the dust ect. I will most likely go that route soon enough. So far so good with the 1300+ miles i have now. Only time will tell i guess. I did go with the wheel/tire insurance for $5 a month as NYC is a bitch with these dam holes and curbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
This. Find out the buyout on the lease and go to a few dealers and CarMax and see what they will give you on it for them to buy it. In most cases you will end up with money in your pocket.

I did this as well and they were taking under $30,000 when i entered all info there.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:17 AM   #16
Mgsouthwest2001

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS 8A Hyper Blue
Nothing wrong with a Challenger. I have had 3 of them, one of which was a 16 Scat. They are great cars. Enjoy.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:24 AM   #17
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Nice color., love the shaker. Congrats
Old 03-06-2019, 12:23 PM   #18
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
No Camaro?...Hmmph.....nice car.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:43 PM   #19
keon718nyc

When i saw the photos online at the dealer i honestly couldn't resist with the deal they gave me. Was end of month and still presidents day sales going on. They were looking to move cars as it was the 28th of Feb. Few thousand off on incentives and competitive lease ect. No money down just first month payment and had to pay NYC sales tax up front rather then on the payments being out of state. Approximate $2600 out of pocket $579/mo 39 months 10k year including the $5/mo tire wheel coverage. Camaro they got me bad, real bad at $3900 out of pocket, $698 month no incentives at all as it was just released. Went over my head on that. Sticker was $49,950 on the Camaro 2SS. Sticker on the 19 Challenger was $54,650 as it is optioned out pretty well. So all in all i am pleased financially with the switch and my insurance pretty much stayed same.

And yes i removed those cheap plastic yellow bumper guard looking covers as it says to be removed from the dealer. I guess people like to leave them on for looks but from what i read it will collect crap inside and scratch under it.
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2019, 09:36 PM   #20
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
I'm so glad we had this time together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=92lBJ-eGhno
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:53 PM   #21
cryssm

Drives: Car
Love the new car! Congrats!
Old 03-06-2019, 10:55 PM   #22
LD18SS

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Nice looking new ride, congrats
LD18SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 12:25 AM   #23
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
You DONT turn in a car with that low of miles with a lease. You trade it in. If you are due to drive it 36,000 miles and you only have 16k, then you are likely in an equity position on the lease. I would have traded it in before I would have turned it in.
from what my dealer told me on my Silverado lease If you trade in early you still have to pay all the payments. They told me 4 months befor is as far as they would go without me owing the remaining payments. They dont care what the mileage is.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 06:53 AM   #24
2SSFifty

Drives: 2017 2SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
I put some money into it and basically will be back to post them up for sale when i remove most of the parts i can pull. There will be a good amount to list when times comes within 2 weeks i would say.

I'll be back for this!
2SSFifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:59 PM   #25
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Congrats on new car. Hope you have better luck than I had with Dodge/Chrysler/Fiat. Will NEVER buy another one.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:10 PM   #26
keon718nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruebernard View Post
Congrats on new car. Hope you have better luck than I had with Dodge/Chrysler/Fiat. Will NEVER buy another one.

Thanks its is appreciated, waiting impatiently for shit roads to clear from salt and slushy crap so i can detail and get her tinted!

I had 2 Jeep Grand Cherokee's and a Avenger R/T that all had some type of problem occur during the lease. I have had this Camaro 2SS since December 2015 with a few problems as well. I am trying to think of a car i leased or owned in the past that did not have some type of issue but worst case i would just bring it in to local dealership and get it fixed under warranty. Been leasing cars since 1999. We can just do our best and cross our fingers that our cars don't cost us our time and money at a dealer.

So far with the Camaro its been in for service/fixing for -

-Overheated twice due to failed cooling fan, 2 trips to have replaced after i pointed it out to them.

-Rear diff groan had brought it in 3 times and still have it in colder weather.

-Brake assist failure while driving, Couldn't duplicate that one or find on the CPU.

-Last but not least the A8 shudder shit show, its been in for 2 times with still waiting for special fluid band aid to arrive for 3rd trip which i will trade it and let them handle that for the next customer.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:12 PM   #27
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Great car, choice, Chryslers are a bit cheaper to buy, but drink a lot of gas. The side mirrors were a deal breaker for me, out too far..snap off..backing outta garage. And the cheapo black plastic surround around tail lights. If you bought I'd suggest getting a spare surround. Challengers 4 to 5 yrs old, the surround looks terrible. Many happy miles!
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:26 PM   #28
keon718nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18LTLoveIt View Post
Great car, choice, Chryslers are a bit cheaper to buy, but drink a lot of gas. The side mirrors were a deal breaker for me, out too far..snap off..backing outta garage. And the cheapo black plastic surround around tail lights. If you bought I'd suggest getting a spare surround. Challengers 4 to 5 yrs old, the surround looks terrible. Many happy miles!

Definitely drinks more gas i can tell you that after my trip back up from Florida. As for the side mirrors my only gripe is they don't tilt down while parallel parking like the Camaro. I do like the fact they fold in though when need be. My garage fits it fine and only difference is about 10" length. I will look into that plastic surrounding i guess when the time comes to replace it ect. Thanks for the info!
Attached Images

Last edited by keon718nyc; 03-08-2019 at 06:46 PM.