Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-05-2018, 03:45 PM   #15
13BlackCamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
That was something I left out in my reply because I wasn't super-clear on how the cam would affect supercharger performance if it was meant to improve N/A performance. If that is the case and you would have to install a whole other cam when you go F/I, then it is cost prohibitive to go N/A first.

Better to go with the D1SC first then think of the cam/fuel upgrades as a "2nd Stage" upgrade when you get the money.
My tuner said that the cams he uses are also good for a procharger later and don't hurt the performance if I stay NA. Dyno wise he said I'd be around 550whp with Cam/heads/E85 (from similar cars and setups he's done) and would probably stop around the 580whp with the procharger cause of fueling. Also said the procharger did 650whp on the 6th gen car he set it up on (procharger is used with about 14000 miles). Does this change any bodies mind since everything is new staying NA compared to a used procharger though it is a D1SC which is a bit of an upgrade I believe.

2016 2SS, NPP, Adrenaline Red Leather and Pads, 6sp, Sunroof, Black Bowties, Upgraded Wheels, 15% Tint, Kooks Headers, MBRP Exhaust, 1LE Wheels, Badging, Ported Throttle Body, Procharged, Snow Performance Stage 2 Meth Kit

Coming Soon: Custom Cam, E85, Ported Heads
13BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 03:57 PM   #16
modru2004

Drives: 2018 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13BlackCamaroSS View Post
My tuner said that the cams he uses are also good for a procharger later and don't hurt the performance if I stay NA. Dyno wise he said I'd be around 550whp with Cam/heads/E85 (from similar cars and setups he's done) and would probably stop around the 580whp with the procharger cause of fueling. Also said the procharger did 650whp on the 6th gen car he set it up on (procharger is used with about 14000 miles). Does this change any bodies mind since everything is new staying NA compared to a used procharger though it is a D1SC which is a bit of an upgrade I believe.
im sure you can get a cam that fits right in the middle and will give you some gains for both, but if you wanted the best NA gains or the best super charged gains those goals are kinda opposed to one another.

you would see the most bang for your buck initially from the super charger. its also probably the easier install. it won't hurt anything when the engine gets tore down for cams if you had it installed prior. just need the new tune ready to go.

basically it comes down to whether or not you just have to have the sound of the cam. performance will be much better with the supercharger initially. my 2 cents
modru2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:40 PM   #17
13BlackCamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by modru2004 View Post
im sure you can get a cam that fits right in the middle and will give you some gains for both, but if you wanted the best NA gains or the best super charged gains those goals are kinda opposed to one another.

you would see the most bang for your buck initially from the super charger. its also probably the easier install. it won't hurt anything when the engine gets tore down for cams if you had it installed prior. just need the new tune ready to go.

basically it comes down to whether or not you just have to have the sound of the cam. performance will be much better with the supercharger initially. my 2 cents
I appreciate you advice and help as I do everyone who has commented.
Smart thing would probably be to do the procharger and then supporting mods to maximize performance later on, b.UT that cam sound is amazing. Found out a little more info on procharger as it's a non helical, D1sc satin with Stage 2 intercooler. Anything else I need to know?

2016 2SS, NPP, Adrenaline Red Leather and Pads, 6sp, Sunroof, Black Bowties, Upgraded Wheels, 15% Tint, Kooks Headers, MBRP Exhaust, 1LE Wheels, Badging, Ported Throttle Body, Procharged, Snow Performance Stage 2 Meth Kit

Coming Soon: Custom Cam, E85, Ported Heads
13BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:18 PM   #18
midwestmonsta

Drives: 2018 1LE
Quote:
I appreciate you advice and help as I do everyone who has commented.
Smart thing would probably be to do the procharger and then supporting mods to maximize performance later on, b.UT that cam sound is amazing. Found out a little more info on procharger as it's a non helical, D1sc satin with Stage 2 intercooler. Anything else I need to know?
Who are you using to do your heads & cam work and tune? Looking for someone in Indiana or reasonably close
midwestmonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:39 PM   #19
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
it's a non helical, D1sc, Anything else I need to know?
I’d just recommend finding someone with the same setup. Not everyone is a fan of the noise the non helical setup makes. You’d rather not find out after it’s installed.