Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-24-2018, 10:01 AM   #15
Zl1dad
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JooktheSnooke View Post
Zl1dad is the man!! That was exactly what the problem is. Had the harness plugged in backwards. Flippedt it around and she runs great. Gotta get the tune now. One small issue however was the anti freeze wasn’t flowing through the block. When I was doing all the work I drained the block and after just filled up the radiator. Is there a bleeder on the block to bleed out the air to allow the anti to flow? Or is there another method to use to do this? Thanks again for all the help
Glad i could help, sorry i just now got back onto the forum. As far as the coolant goes, fill it up and run the engine with the cap off. Run it until thermostat opens to bleed all the air out. Dont fill it right to the top bc its going to over flow once it starts to burp.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Zl1dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 02:33 PM   #16
BandRcAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Honestly, if you dont know how to fill the coolant up, not sure how the hell you managed a cam install?!?
Old 11-09-2018, 11:57 AM   #17
JooktheSnooke

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandRcAMARO View Post
Honestly, if you dont know how to fill the coolant up, not sure how the hell you managed a cam install?!?
haha i know how to fill the coolant what i wasnt sure about was how to get the air out of the block since i drained all the coolant out when i pulled the motor. solved the issue using a vacuum bleed tool. thank you for the help though
JooktheSnooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 04:12 PM   #18
Zl1dad
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JooktheSnooke View Post
haha i know how to fill the coolant what i wasnt sure about was how to get the air out of the block since i drained all the coolant out when i pulled the motor. solved the issue using a vacuum bleed tool. thank you for the help though
Im pretty sure he was referring to you not knowing the procedure lol. And vacuum tools work great. I have the snapon one that locks on, not generic tapered cone bs.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Zl1dad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cam, misfire