Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-18-2017, 12:19 PM   #15
1le32907

Drives: Summit white 1le ss
Just reached out to alky control... they advised that you shouldn’t run 50/50 on a pod blower due to possible cause of damage
1le32907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:29 PM   #16
Atomic Ed

Drives: 2001 Audi TT, 2016 Camaro
Just another point. Alcohol burns with a colorless flame. I still have a small scar from a burn I got in the lab when I was younger. So, yeah, I'm biased, but it is something to be aware of. If you do this, stick with washer fluid since its not flammable and easy to find if you are on the road.

I ran water/meth on my Audi TT and finally took it off after two years of use due to failures of pumps (2) and switches. Not worth the hassle to me.

Also, 100% meth requires a tune dependent on the meth. Run out of meth and you have a problem.

Last edited by Atomic Ed; 07-18-2017 at 01:08 PM.
Atomic Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:01 AM   #17
Lemosine

Drives: 2016 M6 Hyper Blue 2SS
Biggest Con is if the pump dies or you catch a break in the line and your tuned on a straight meth tune, you will for sure break something if your not paying attention. Have something to monitor everything and warn you if something happens. But that is where a scan gauge comes into play. Which you should already have if your doing hardcore mods IMO. On my old car that ran 100% meth I was sure to always watch the Knock. Because if the knock jumped up really high it would warn me and I would know most likely something is going on with the Meth Kit. Could monitor Timing also i believe.
Lemosine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:33 PM   #18
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
here is a undershot of the install of the alky kit under my right wheel well. There are 2 lights on my dashboard one is a low level light indicator and another is a monitor light.
Attached Images

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote