Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-23-2018, 10:53 PM   #1
Roostie
all it takes is cash

Drives: 2018 LS V6 1LE; E350 wagon; Model3
Same thousandth of a second at October 20 Pure Track

I've never had a tie at the same thousandth of a second before, but it happened at Saturday's Pure Track autocross in Anaheim. And, my 39.283 was a tie with another Camaro 1LE. We tied for fourth place behind the winning Mercedes AMG GT-R with a 38.775, a very well-prepared and driven 350Z, and a McLaren 570S. At least we beat all the Porsche GT3s. Maybe if we had the special edition Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s on the GT-R, we'd make up the 1/2 second difference to the top spot.

I attached the results - the first seven cars listed are there due to timing errors. The real 1st place is the Mercedes shown in 8th.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf October 20 Pure Track results.pdf (276.7 KB, 68 views)
Roostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:55 PM   #2
jwisjw

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostie View Post
I've never had a tie at the same thousandth of a second before, but it happened at Saturday's Pure Track autocross in Anaheim. And, my 39.283 was a tie with another Camaro 1LE. We tied for fourth place behind the winning Mercedes AMG GT-R with a 38.775, a very well-prepared and driven 350Z, and a McLaren 570S. At least we beat all the Porsche GT3s. Maybe if we had the special edition Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s on the GT-R, we'd make up the 1/2 second difference to the top spot.

I attached the results - the first seven cars listed are there due to timing errors. The real 1st place is the Mercedes shown in 8th.
Alex is a great driver with car control skills but I know his 350z has a bunch of parts on it but isn't optimized like other cars in his class.

Have you thought about coming out to another SCCA up in the LA area again? Unfortunately we run at Fontana for the last 2 events of the year, so it will be hard on them. I think the courses might offer more challenging elements. Could use another 6th gen Camaro to come out regularly.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:19 AM   #3
Roostie
all it takes is cash

Drives: 2018 LS V6 1LE; E350 wagon; Model3
I'd like to make it for another SCCA event. LA area SCCA events are fun because there are so many awesome drivers and well-pepared cars.
I heard Fontana isn't easy on tires but it can't be as bad as San Diego. The neglected stadium parking lot has become the world's coarsest grit sandpaper paper for tires.
Jeff, I am expecting TTOD if you do Pure Track!
Roostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:09 AM   #4
jwisjw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostie View Post
I'd like to make it for another SCCA event. LA area SCCA events are fun because there are so many awesome drivers and well-pepared cars.
I heard Fontana isn't easy on tires but it can't be as bad as San Diego. The neglected stadium parking lot has become the world's coarsest grit sandpaper paper for tires.
Jeff, I am expecting TTOD if you do Pure Track!

Surprisingly the SE lot at Qualcomm has more grip than Fontana, I think actually both lots might be better for grip and wear.... Fontana has gone down hill quite a bit since every year, all the water from the speedway is drained there. Plus a lot more clubs are running that lot as well.

Might want to check out the Porsche club region as well, they run El Toro, well at least what is left of it.

http://www.pcaocr.com/
Old 10-24-2018, 10:22 AM   #5
Tim202

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwisjw View Post
Surprisingly the SE lot at Qualcomm has more grip than Fontana
F'n Wong

More and more of us are beginning to think that running on the SE lot is better than the west lot. Even though the west lot is bigger, there are now too many potholes and patch bumps for it to be really fun.

The test day at Cal State San Marcos went pretty well. That lot is smooooooth, although it's about 1/3 of the SE lot size. When I was done with the test all the scalloping from Q-com was gone and the tires smooth.
Tim202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:46 AM   #6
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
sorry i didnt make it out my battery died and didnt get car back till well after 12pm next time tho!
Old 10-24-2018, 10:58 AM   #7
jwisjw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim202 View Post
F'n Wong

More and more of us are beginning to think that running on the SE lot is better than the west lot. Even though the west lot is bigger, there are now too many potholes and patch bumps for it to be really fun.

The test day at Cal State San Marcos went pretty well. That lot is smooooooth, although it's about 1/3 of the SE lot size. When I was done with the test all the scalloping from Q-com was gone and the tires smooth.

I hope SD gets a bigger venue, would love to have a Fontana and San Diego Match Tour events.