Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-12-2014, 08:34 PM   #15
TxBandit911
Call Me"Doc"

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by raw_shark View Post
I'm sure that car was sick. I wish the 5th gens were as light as the 4th gens, then we'd be in business. .
It sounded like a monster truck, pulled a 1.6 60ft....about 115mph in the 1/4. turned a few 11's with it....and drove it to work everyday

Yes, it was lighter than my 1LE, but it sure didn't handle like my 1LE and the LS3 makes power so dang easy its just plain DIRTY

Your car is putting down some damn good numbers I think. With a cam it will really come alive!!!! Great work!!
TxBandit911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:42 PM   #16
raw_shark

Drives: Black '13 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBandit911 View Post
It sounded like a monster truck, pulled a 1.6 60ft....about 115mph in the 1/4. turned a few 11's with it....and drove it to work everyday

Yes, it was lighter than my 1LE, but it sure didn't handle like my 1LE and the LS3 makes power so dang easy its just plain DIRTY

Your car is putting down some damn good numbers I think. With a cam it will really come alive!!!! Great work!!
Thank you man, although all the credit goes to the guys who did the actual work. I'm just the doofus that drives it to work every day. I'm really excited about the future of this car.

Was it a fluke, was it an earthquake or swamp gas? I have no ****in idea. I'm just loving the car. I've been out of the game for like 10 years so I was just proud to pull some decent numbers.

My last "fast" cars were a TT Supra (420ish RWHP) and a 370Z Nismo (not worth mentioning), so I'm just trying to spread the LS3 gospel.

Cheers, brother!
raw_shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:43 PM   #17
raw_shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
no man your good...i usually just check new postings but i honestly am not trying to wind you up bud
Cheers, man, no worries. I'm not trying to prove a point or make a statement or brag or dickwag or anything, just wanted to share with my Camaro5 dudebros.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #18
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:58 PM   #19
raw_shark

You know, this kinda shit is why I love the Camaro community vs. the import community. Bunch of feral pitbulls.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:01 PM   #20
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Quote:
I apologize if I'm not supposed to double post things, I posted in the bolt ons forum too, but I thought my 1LE brothers would enjoy this...

'13 1LE, 9k miles. Texas Speed LT headers, pulleys, Airaid CAI, ported TB and Intake mods, dyno tune by Rhino79. I could not be happier, the car is completely woken up. I have the NPP exhaust with the fuse pulled and the car is completely quiet in 6th, zero drone. But lay into the throttle and it sounds like an animal. I can't stop smiling. I think I drew some stares on the way home because I was laughing like a maniac. Major THANK YOU to Ryan and GPI. They just flat out live up to the hype.

Do I smell cats?

Congrats on a great setup and tune.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:03 PM   #21
raw_shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Comfort View Post
Do I smell cats?

Congrats on a great setup and tune.
Hah! My Shepherd hates cats! That's why I got rid of them. Cheers, brother.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:23 PM   #22
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
I listed it all above, sir. Standard bolt ons, plus custom ported throttle body and intake mods and tune as seen below. I have no affiliation with GPI, and in fact I haven't actually ever met Mr. Rhino79. He was busy working on other customer's cars when I picked mine up, and I didn't want to disturb him. Just wanted to share...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344234
I just wanted to better understand the pulleys and intake mods? Thanks!

I think your results are quite awesome.