Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-20-2016, 01:33 PM   #29
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
I finally saw some '16's on the lot. One SS and three RS and non RS LT's. They sure didn't light a fire in me to want to get one. It still looks too much like the 5th gen overall, and I don't like the front or back end of the new car at all. And for the price, I don't see me getting or even wanting one. I'll keep my 2012.

Last edited by djm96z28; 01-21-2016 at 06:10 AM.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:35 PM   #30
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Still have not even seen the damn thing . Might go to Chicago auto show to see one , then heard they only had 3 of them at the Detroit auto show? Now I am thinking about not even going if that is the case , You would think they would have the entire lineup on the floor after all it is 2016 right ???
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 05:26 PM   #31
Back in blk

Drives: Black 2014 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMADONNA View Post
This weekend imma head to the local dealer that has about a dozen '16s.
I want to try the 4-banger cuz i loved that 4 cylinder turbo in my Solstice A LOT!
Of course, the Camaro has about 1500 lbs more than the Solstice!

I want to drive the 6 and the 8 cylinder too! I'll get back and tell y'all about it.

Make sure you kick the tires and light the fires
Back in blk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:43 PM   #32
Windycity

Drives: Yellow 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Still have not even seen the damn thing . Might go to Chicago auto show to see one , then heard they only had 3 of them at the Detroit auto show? Now I am thinking about not even going if that is the case , You would think they would have the entire lineup on the floor after all it is 2016 right ???
Your local dealer doesn't have any?? The one close to me has 10 i think...its not a bad looking car. My 15 only has 1000 miles on it so im keepin it no matter what! LOL
Windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:34 PM   #33
LONEWO1F

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
Drives better as far as get up and go, superior handling (at least stock-wise). But for me, it's a no-go. Can't get past the changed look. Even from the exterior, it looks much smaller, and the re-design to me is much less aggressive. The back end kinda resembles a charger to me. The interior design is really cool, but it feels MUCH smaller inside.

I'd definitely recommend seeing it in person before making a decision either way.
LONEWO1F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:31 AM   #34
The_Driver
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS M6
Yeah, I think GM purposely made the interior feel a lot smaller than it actually is. The body is only an inch or two less wide, however, it feels like it's much more than that. The visibility out the front is better than the previous model with the new lowered dash, but the view out the back is worse. In fact, I don't know how anyone will be able to clean the inside part of the rear glass. I could barely get my hand in there when I tried. lol!

I have not driven one yet, but I plan to in the near future. I'm sure the driving dynamics is much improved over the 5th gen.
The_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:47 PM   #35
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
I think they are ugly compared to a ATS on the same chassis. It is like a 5th gen left in the microwave too long, it is almost cartoonish looking. The interior is small and has oversized screens, gauges, and air vents, it just looks to Forced.

Other side of the coin is there is not much aftermarket for the LT series motors compared to the LS series.
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:32 PM   #36
Cadillacdayz

Drives: 2015 2SS RS 6 Speed
Drove a 16 2ss tonight .Very nice . Plenty of power .Plenty of headroom . Just 2 tight in the cockpit .I need more room for thick strippers.
Cadillacdayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:55 AM   #37
Bobbyrage14SS

Drives: 2014 2SS, Summitt White
My dealership had a Summit White RS sitting in the show room. I took a look, wasnt overwhelmed to make any changes from mine, But hey...I did just pay off the truck so ya never know. I think im going to hold out and see what kind of packages come out later this year/next year as far as ZL1/Z28 trims. But if i see more, i will stop to take a look.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:46 PM   #38
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1SS1LE View Post
I think they are ugly compared to a ATS on the same chassis. It is like a 5th gen left in the microwave too long, it is almost cartoonish looking. The interior is small and has oversized screens, gauges, and air vents, it just looks to Forced.

I find the exterior looks like they rushed it.

Did some thinking, finally put it into perspective.

5th gen to 6th gen?

Here is what Chevy did. Like Boeing took a regular 747(which is longer, and more elegant looking), shortend it up, and modified it, and produced the stubbier and sillier looking 747SP, lol.

Sure the latter is lighter and performs better, but it looks too forced too, lol, look at it.

The Gen6 to my eyes looks like a 747SP (Special Performance).

Last edited by Camaro Dude; 05-18-2019 at 09:23 PM.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:53 PM   #39
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
I find the exterior looks like they rushed it.

Did some thinking, finally put it into perspective.

5th gen to 6th gen?

Here is what Chevy did. Like Boeing took a regular 747(which is longer, and more elegant looking), shortend it up, and modified it, and produced the stubbier and sillier looking 747SP, lol.

Sure the latter is lighter and performs better, but it looks too forced too, lol, look at it.

The Gen6 to my eyes looks like a 747SP (Special Performance).
Great comparison.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:51 AM   #40
merlin803

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro 2SS
Took my car in for a oil change and ended up falling for a 2016 2SS.....next day traded my 2014 2SS in for it.

Suprisingly my wife actually fell in love with it, pushing the switch when I wouldn't have considered it until the current lease was up in about a year.

The biggest selling point for me was driving it, it's fast to say the least and drives as smooth as a Cadillac (at least with the mrc it does). Coming from a manual, I didn't think I could go for an automatic, but I don't think this is your typical automatic and the more I drive it the more I am loving it.

The interior IMHO is a big step up.

I would say, if you have any questions about whether you should make the switch, test drive a 2016, there are those that will like what they already have better and there is nothing wrong with that, everyone has their own tastes!
merlin803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 08:50 AM   #41
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin803 View Post
Took my car in for a oil change and ended up falling for a 2016 2SS.....next day traded my 2014 2SS in for it.

Suprisingly my wife actually fell in love with it, pushing the switch when I wouldn't have considered it until the current lease was up in about a year.

The biggest selling point for me was driving it, it's fast to say the least and drives as smooth as a Cadillac (at least with the mrc it does). Coming from a manual, I didn't think I could go for an automatic, but I don't think this is your typical automatic and the more I drive it the more I am loving it.

The interior IMHO is a big step up.

I would say, if you have any questions about whether you should make the switch, test drive a 2016, there are those that will like what they already have better and there is nothing wrong with that, everyone has their own tastes!
How big are you and can you comment on the size of the interior compared to your 5th gen.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 08:57 AM   #42
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
I went from a '14 L99 w/sunroof to a. '16 A8 w/out sunroof. Although it has a more cockpit feel in the 16, I feel less "vertically restricted". At 6ft 4in, I could never find a truly comfortable driving position with that sunroof. This coupe fits me perfectly and is amazing in every way.