Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-17-2021, 12:30 PM   #1
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
When the rubber doesn’t hit the road

So with shortage of computer components, will the next issue be tires? This is a good time to consider getting some new rubber before we are in full swing of summer cruises, fun times at the track and worn tire replacement.

Idk if this will come to fruition, but I’d hate to have any of the cars sitting in the driveway because I can’t get tires at a fair price.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/t...e-cars-trucks/

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 12:38 PM   #2
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
I'd imagine quite the opposite. Tire sales took a dramatic hit the last 12 months as there was practically no travel compared to any other recent 12 month period. Tire production may have slowed down for the pandemic but simultaneously less tires were sold during that period than ever. This is just propaganda to boost tire sales, they need to move 2 years worth of inventory this year.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 12:52 PM   #3
Trochoidal

Well this is a very good point. It does look like the price of rubber is up. The propaganda seems plausible especially considering how the “glove shortage” escalated during the pandemic for the opposite reason.

Skewed supply & demand to benefit the tire manufacturers?

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Old 04-18-2021, 11:18 AM   #4
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
I saw a headline the other day that "GM isn't concerned about the rubber shortage", so there's likely going to be -some- sort of impact. We'll likely all just feel it in the wallet...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 11:53 AM   #5
Trochoidal

Time will tell that’s a given. I can’t imagine what a new set of PS4’s will cost if prices climb.

Old 04-18-2021, 01:17 PM   #6
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
So if there is a rubber shortage does that mean more STDs and Kids on the way?

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 01:33 PM   #7
Trochoidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
So if there is a rubber shortage does that mean more STDs and Kids on the way?