Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-16-2021, 02:57 PM   #1
MrRuss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
LT4 SC on LT1 help

Guys,

I've looked at LT4 on LT1 SC blower install and parts needed threads before, thought I had sub'd them but no. Searching all morning and can't seem to find the info I want. Can anyone help me?

I am getting an LT4 SC with a few parts; HE, Pump, 2 hoses, belt and crank pulley. Not looking for crazy gains and don't track, just my next upgrade and would like to keep my stock fuel system. I do have E85 and tune but hear I may have to forgo that. Not a big deal, in the 2 years I've had it I have filled up maybe 7-8 times as the station is out of my way.

Thx,
Russ

Tim "the tool man" Taylor is my hero

My Garage:
'16 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS, Summit White, Adrenaline Red
-- Rotofab CAI, Soler TB, 1 7/8 coated LT's, Full 3" mids, 3" Stainless Works NPP mufflers, Flex Fuel, E85/91 tuned
'20 Honda Oddysey Elite 25th Anniversary Edition
--wifes car, she said "No more SUV's" after the 2 CX-9's totaled
MrRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:36 AM   #2
thebanks06

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS
It's not hard, just be mindful of tuning. Yes you will have to let go e85. My pistons went out on a race, but at least i won lol. I have the parts and install somewhere, I have to dig deep in my email.
thebanks06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:40 AM   #3
MrRuss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebanks06 View Post
It's not hard, just be mindful of tuning. Yes you will have to let go e85. My pistons went out on a race, but at least i won lol. I have the parts and install somewhere, I have to dig deep in my email.
If you can find the old info that would be great. Def getting re-tuned. Going conservative for now. nickD over at CPR is my tuner. Joe recommends no less than a 3.00 pulley without fueling upgrade.

Tim "the tool man" Taylor is my hero

My Garage:
'16 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS, Summit White, Adrenaline Red
-- Rotofab CAI, Soler TB, 1 7/8 coated LT's, Full 3" mids, 3" Stainless Works NPP mufflers, Flex Fuel, E85/91 tuned
'20 Honda Oddysey Elite 25th Anniversary Edition
--wifes car, she said "No more SUV's" after the 2 CX-9's totaled
MrRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 03:35 PM   #4
SSUNDVL

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
They did the tune on my LT4 swap, you are going to be very restricted on 91 octane and won't have enough fuel to go flex fuel. You should consider adding an Alky kit for octane or even just the cooling, i run an m5 nozzle as mine is just too cool down the small blower. Or you can use an ice tank, but i would address the cooling when you add the blower because my IAT's were crazy high in the AZ heat while i was out that way.

The swap itself is pretty easy, while you are swapping the balancer you should also install the LS3 front seal since you will already be there.
SSUNDVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 03:41 PM   #5
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I've got a quite a bit of info in my build thread for my SS...just added a ported blower to it tonight!

See my signature links...
Old 06-30-2021, 06:52 AM   #6
pavetim

Drives: firebird
Why would he need to forget e85 if you blew up your motor? E85 is about 108 octane and runs cooler than regular gas so would be perfect for a sc motor. Just need to tune for it and lt4 fuel system due to the extra volume
pavetim is offline   Reply With Quote