Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-19-2021, 07:05 AM   #1
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
V6 water pump replacement steps?

I have searched the net and the forum and unable to find a step by step how to on replacing the water pump on my 2010 V6 Camaro. I have the parts needed for the swap and pretty good at doing certain things when it comes to maintenance and repair. Can anyone lead me in the right direction. It seems all the youtube videos out there mostly show how to on the V8 equipped Camaro and the ones that do the V6 are crappy and the poster keeps jumping all over the place with horrible music in the background during the vids. Thanks in advance!

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 09:58 AM   #2
ElderJ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
I take it you don't have a repair manual handy? I can shoot you some screenshots of the pages if you can't find anything online by Sunday. Hit me up as a reminder if it gets to that point.
ElderJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 09:59 AM   #3
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderJ View Post
I take it you don't have a repair manual handy? I can shoot you some screenshots of the pages if you can't find anything online by Sunday. Hit me up as a reminder if it gets to that point.

Thank you! I’m hoping to work on the car today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
Old 02-19-2021, 10:19 AM   #4
Pearlj10

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT
Cheers!
Attached Images

Pearlj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 10:27 AM   #5
Pearlj10

The manual calls for 106 INCH pounds for all water pump and pulley bolts so go easy on them.
Old 02-19-2021, 10:35 AM   #6
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlj10 View Post
The manual calls for 106 INCH pounds for all water pump and pulley bolts so go easy on them.

Thank you! After reading the instructions it looks like the belt tensioner needs to be removed as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-19-2021, 04:51 PM   #7
Pearlj10

Only the non-s/c v8s should need the tensioner pulley removed. V6 just take the pulley off and get to the pump. Did you have success today with it?
Old 02-25-2021, 06:07 PM   #8
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlj10 View Post
Only the non-s/c v8s should need the tensioner pulley removed. V6 just take the pulley off and get to the pump. Did you have success today with it?

No not yet. The wife came home early and some things came up. Going to tackle it tomorrow and finish it once and for all.

Old 02-27-2021, 07:12 PM   #9
SummitWhite11

Finally got it done yesterday. It was a successful day. Had to buy some extra tools for the job. Will post pics soon!