Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-17-2020, 08:10 PM   #29
hfur
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Chevy camaro
thanks for all the replies

thanks for all the replies, i know I have had a lot of posts in the last week or so and have have had some offers for a new 2020 camaro. Decided to order a 2021 camaro instead, this will probably be my last vehicle I'll ever own, so i want to make it "special" I'm a older guy, "car guy" all of my life. Grew up in a town that was sandwiched between 2 auto plants. GM enthusiast, love the chevelles, el camino, montecarlo's, etc...(some mopar too, I guess) but I am a Camaro guy through and through...I guess I am very fortunate with all of my heart issues that I am still here (praise God! - Thank you Jesus!) with all of this covid-19 and other stuff going on I consider myself fortunate that I can be blessed enough to even have a car, let alone order a nice one. So, I appreciate all of these comments and I love this forum. When the car comes in I'll post pics...
hfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 08:46 PM   #30
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfur View Post
thanks for all the replies, i know I have had a lot of posts in the last week or so and have have had some offers for a new 2020 camaro. Decided to order a 2021 camaro instead, this will probably be my last vehicle I'll ever own, so i want to make it "special" I'm a older guy, "car guy" all of my life. Grew up in a town that was sandwiched between 2 auto plants. GM enthusiast, love the chevelles, el camino, montecarlo's, etc...(some mopar too, I guess) but I am a Camaro guy through and through...I guess I am very fortunate with all of my heart issues that I am still here (praise God! - Thank you Jesus!) with all of this covid-19 and other stuff going on I consider myself fortunate that I can be blessed enough to even have a car, let alone order a nice one. So, I appreciate all of these comments and I love this forum. When the car comes in I'll post pics...
I'm eating my words as I type, Sir, good luck with the 2021 order Let us know what configuration you went with in the end.

Finally, don't forget that you can ask for order status updates from Joe, husband of the legendary Becky D in this thread: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415251. It helps with the long, although memorable, weeks of waiting for the car.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 05:56 AM   #31
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfur View Post
Any day above ground is a good day Been there done that a few years ago with the heart attack and then open heart surgery a year ago. Enjoy life my friend and get you something you want because take it from me, it can all be gone in the blink of an eye. Congrats on ordering your new car
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 12:13 AM   #32
Roostie
all it takes is cash

Drives: 2018 LS V6 1LE; E350 wagon; Model3
I have the V6 with the NPP, and I love the exhaust. In Sport or Track modes, the car sounds exotic at high rpms. I've had two people compliment the exhaust, saying they know it's not the V8, but the car sounds great. It also enhances the experience of driving the car with a manual transmission.

A big benefit of the NPP versus a non-adjustable sport exhaust is that I can be quiet on my street to avoid upsetting neighbors. Also important, I can drop from Track to Sport mode to pass sound limit regulations at my local autocross venue, or at Laguna Seca Raceway. And sometimes I just want to be in quiet mode for a commute or longer trip when I'm enjoying music.
I had a rattle in my exhaust and the whole unit was replaced under warranty. The dealer said there was a crack in the exhaust and thought it could be a safety problem, so they wanted to hold onto it until it was fixed. Exhaust was on backorder ... car was out of service for weeks (last year). Luckily it's not my only car or my DD. That negative experience didn't change my mind, I love the NPP.
Roostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:42 AM   #33
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
If a cold crank of a V8 with NPP doesn't put a smile on your face you probably need a fart can kind of car.

I've lost track of how many times I've cranked my car up and seen people turn, look and smile, or otherwise indicate approval.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:46 AM   #34
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
If a cold crank of a V8 with NPP doesn't put a smile on your face you probably need a fart can kind of car.

I've lost track of how many times I've cranked my car up and seen people turn, look and smile, or otherwise indicate approval.
^^^^^This!^^^^^

Although I do also get an occasional stare of disapproval, but generally, yes, it does grab attention! And it makes me smile big time every time I press that magical button! lol
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:39 AM   #35
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing like an SS View Post
^^^^^This!^^^^^

Although I do also get an occasional stare of disapproval, but generally, yes, it does grab attention! And it makes me smile big time every time I press that magical button! lol
I think of it like a football game.

Sometimes you get the joy of seeing your team win (approving looks from car people).

Sometimes you get the joy of seeing a team you don't like lose (disapproving looks from dweebs).

Sometimes you get both (Camaro SS with NPP).
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:02 AM   #36
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
I think of it like a football game.

Sometimes you get the joy of seeing your team win (approving looks from car people).

Sometimes you get the joy of seeing a team you don't like lose (disapproving looks from dweebs).

Sometimes you get both (Camaro SS with NPP).

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:04 AM   #37
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Quote:

Agree with this...Last year in the winter months I scared the living beejesus out of a person walking behind my ZL1 in a grocery store parking lot. He was behind it when I started it and he must have jumped 2 feet in the air. After he got over the scare he came to the drivers side which I had the door open and told me what a good looking car I had. We laughed and I told him I had startled other people before with that big V8 and loud exhaust. I keep mine set in Track mode but had the fuse pulled and put it back in earlier this year.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:22 AM   #38
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Agree with this...Last year in the winter months I scared the living beejesus out of a person walking behind my ZL1 in a grocery store parking lot. He was behind it when I started it and he must have jumped 2 feet in the air. After he got over the scare he came to the drivers side which I had the door open and told me what a good looking car I had. We laughed and I told him I had startled other people before with that big V8 and loud exhaust. I keep mine set in Track mode but had the fuse pulled and put it back in earlier this year.
HAHAHAHA......I love awesome cars and what they do to people! I will never not be a car guy, or a V8 guy for that matter.