Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-21-2018, 07:12 AM   #1
Fitelite240

Drives: camaro5
LT4/LY6 - Newbie looking for some info.

Hey there everyone. I'm looking for a bit of insight and information on a conversion and if it's even possible.

I picked up a 2010 gen 4 LY6 (iron block with aluminum rectangular heads)

I've been looking into the LSA supercharger feom a 2013 ZL1, which works.

But I am thinking of trying the LT4 supercharger. I know the main difference is the direct injection which makes it difficult. But maybe not impossible. Did a bit of googling but not a whole lot popped up.

I'm wondering if you guys could entertain the idea a little just to give me a bit of insight on what I would need to do, to make it work. (If any serious car builders out there please offer up your two cents)

Not trying to be disrespectful or sound stupid in any matter, just don't know enough on the subject and am genuinely curious.

I'll be swapping this motor into an s15.

Thank everyone.
Fitelite240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:36 AM   #2
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Totally different engines. Nothing matches. DI is the least issue as the heads and intake ports setup are way different from the LS engine, as is just about everything else (only some bolts interchange from LS to Gen 5 LT). Go for the LSA or LS9 blower if you want an OE blower. You could go Procharger, Kenne Bell, Whipple, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 03:18 PM   #3
Fitelite240

Awesome! Thanks for the insight! I was thinking of going LT4 for the next build.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:33 PM   #4
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Drift car?

https://jalopnik.com/why-the-nissan-...e-u-1684769418

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:28 AM   #5
Fitelite240

I think I may go lsa out of convenience but the ls9 blower sounds very tempting making it a bit more unique but, the price is much higher. Not 100% sure if the ls9 blower has any main advantage's or disadvantages over lsa other than being higher in price and harder to find.

. Lol and yes. Its kind of gonna be a drift car. I'm challenged to make the ultimate US 240 build. For autoX, drift, rally, drag, and to be a show car. While maintaining a fair amout of reliability throughout its life.