Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-31-2019, 03:00 PM   #729
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayley1LE View Post
Thank you. Hopefully they ship it quick. I probably won't even put it on the road now. I'll pick it up in the trailer and right to heated garage. I will probably have the car down to bare metal after shinning it for the next 5 months lol.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it shows up Tuesday or Wednesday. This car to me is off the charts fun. I can’t get enough of it. You’re gonna love it.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 03:17 PM   #730
ZL1 affair

Drives: 1of 66 Orange Crush 2020 ZL1’s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreplacement View Post
If you are in the market for a ZL1 , not a ZLE, Larry Hudson Chev in Listowel Ontario shows a new 19 coupe for just under 70k ( I think about 4k off msrp )and 2 2020 verts at full msrp.
An option anyway.
Good luck. Hope a Z is in your driveway soon.
Thanks for the heads up, plenty of ZL1's in Alberta right now too. Just not quite the way I would have spec'd them out.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:19 PM   #731
ZL1 affair

Drives: 1of 66 Orange Crush 2020 ZL1’s
Quote:
My 1LE is built. Waiting to be shipped.
Congratulations, must have been built the first or second day back to work... Keep us updated when she arrives.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:11 PM   #732
13 ZL1

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Quote:
My 1LE is built. Waiting to be shipped.
What was your TPW?
13 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:35 PM   #733
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Quote:
I got word from the dealer this morning. My ZL1 1LE will be built the week of Sept 16. So pumped!
There you go 13 ZL1
Old 11-02-2019, 06:03 AM   #734
Tayley1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Sales manager figures it had to be started the week of the Sept 12?? Maybe it sat on the line while the strike was on. Either way, my guess is it was far enough along before the strike there was no turning back.
Tayley1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 07:45 AM   #735
19Nasty1le
Craig

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Sales manager figures it had to be started the week of the Sept 12?? Maybe it sat on the line while the strike was on. Either way, my guess is it was far enough along before the strike there was no turning back.
Just a word of caution as I know you’re getting your ZLE at OMS like I did last year, my front splitter was damaged when they either loaded or unloaded the car, so make sure you go over the entire thing before taking delivery and leaving. Also wouldn’t let them “detail” it when they PDI unless you love scratches. Also decline them fueling the car, they charge you anyways and don’t even use 93 they go to shell and use 91. There’s a Esso across the road that has 93 or get Petro 94 like I do. Also when I took mine back for the 800km oil change and an alignment adjustment they bottomed the car out trying to get it onto the alignment rack and damaged the guards under the front splitter, never even told me either if I hadn’t been watching and another customer verbally saying he witnessed it as well I probably wouldn’t be the wiser, even after they tried to say they never did it that they had “5 guys watching it go up” also rev’d the shit out of my car when pulling it in because I had my Corsa exhaust on and it magically took 3 different drivers to complete all the work. Needless to say the car hasn’t been back.

Also was promised some sort of incentive like car mats and a car cover etc, I got a hat and was told a cover was coming.. then was told the cover wasn’t the nicest so they were getting me another to then be informed I apparently declined the cover. I bought my own in the long run, great I got the car and they were good for that, once it sold all their promises were air and they treated the car like it was a Impala when it was there not a 1of 50 ZLE
Old 11-02-2019, 12:10 PM   #736
Tayley1LE

Thanks for the heads up Nasty. Sorry to hear you had to go through that. That sucks. Who did you deal with there? Steve? Once it leaves the dealership I doubt it will ever be back. I was also promised a cover and they are going to have it tinted. I am picking it up in my trailer and taking it right to detailer before it goes away.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:37 PM   #737
19Nasty1le
Craig

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up Nasty. Sorry to hear you had to go through that. That sucks. Who did you deal with there? Steve? Once it leaves the dealership I doubt it will ever be back. I was also promised a cover and they are going to have it tinted. I am picking it up in my trailer and taking it right to detailer before it goes away.
I dealt with Trevor, funny was told they can’t include stuff to entice sales etc but here they are making more promises! Maybe it’ll be different for you with a different salesman.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:11 PM   #738
Tayley1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Nasty1le View Post
I dealt with Trevor, funny was told they can’t include stuff to entice sales etc but here they are making more promises! Maybe it’ll be different for you with a different salesman.
We'll see how this unfolds. Car is on a trailer and heading this way. I told them today I will fill it up and only spray it down if dirty. I also mentioned I would like the cover when I pick up the car. I even linked them in on the ZL1 car cover discussion on here so they don't have to search to hard.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:46 PM   #739
19Nasty1le
Craig

Quote:
We'll see how this unfolds. Car is on a trailer and heading this way. I told them today I will fill it up and only spray it down if dirty. I also mentioned I would like the cover when I pick up the car. I even linked them in on the ZL1 car cover discussion on here so they don't have to search to hard.
Won’t be long till it’s here’s then! I forget how long mine was from being loaded until delivery, maybe 36hrs? It’ll be dirty lol they come with nothing besides a piece of tape to hold the gas door shut (stupid $100k car comes with no shipping protection) Wouldn’t have them wash it besides a spray down ONLY especially if you’re getting it PPF’d / Ceramic Coates the less stuff on the paint chemical wise the better!
I ended up buying my own car cover, actually putting the ZLE away tonight as the weather is just too cold and snow is coming soon so want to have to all done lol.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:48 PM   #740
19Nasty1le
Craig

Suuuuupppppper soft
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2019, 05:23 AM   #741
Tayley1LE

Car is still a no show. Apparently they wouldn't send it the last coupe weeks becase of the weather. The next 3-4 days looks like the only window they will get. I would think it has been sitting outside the last couple weeks anyway.

Nasty - I sat down with the manager and helped him order the same cover as you have there. Looks good.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:28 AM   #742
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Quote:
Car is still a no show. Apparently they wouldn't send it the last coupe weeks becase of the weather. The next 3-4 days looks like the only window they will get. I would think it has been sitting outside the last couple weeks anyway.

Nasty - I sat down with the manager and helped him order the same cover as you have there. Looks good.
Just yesterday I was wondering if your car had arrived. Hopefully they will send it this week. If it had to sit over the winter I would hope there would be some indoor storage rather than outside. Obviously the tires are the main concern here so you would think they want it gone ASAP while our temps are close to normal for the time of year