Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-19-2017, 08:05 AM   #1
crossroaddemons

Drives: 1971 Chevy Camaro
ZL1 Side Skirt Removal

With less than 10 miles on the car I'm looking to see if anyone knows how to remove the side skirts. After I got underneath the car I discovered damage to both sides caused by one of the transport companies responsible for shipping the car. I suggest everyone take a very close look at theirs as this was undetectable unless you got on the ground and looked. Very frustrating. Not sure what to do next.
Attached Images

crossroaddemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:14 AM   #2
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Ugh..damn. I've never looked under mine. Now I don't want to.

I think you should definitely go back in to your dealer if it's close and tell them you found some damage. Go from there. I'd approach it calmly as I doubt this was known about ahead of time.

Definitely don't remove it, or touch it, or anything that might lead the dealer to think you may have caused this somehow. What were you doing when you noticed it (be prepared to be asked that)?

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:15 AM   #3
sengli

Drives: 2015commemorative vert 2SS
That sucks to have that happen. I am a perfectionist too, but where this is at ,no one will ever see it. Contact the dealer and see what they suggest. In theory they should have seen this damage too, as they accepted the delivery. I will be looking on mine when I take delivery now.
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:20 AM   #4
crossroaddemons

I had to jack it up to remove the shipping spacers. Remember my car went from MI to LA and them from the dealer to the Northeast by truck. No telling when it happened
Old 05-19-2017, 08:31 AM   #5
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
There is nothing to be done. If the dealer will replace, going there the sooner the better is the best plan of action.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:35 AM   #6
SW13ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
My front skirt was damaged while being unloaded and was noticed and disclosed by the dealer. They called yesterday and the part came in next week I will be getting it replaced
SW13ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:59 PM   #7
donaldp

Drives: 2017 Red Hot ZL1 M6
The lower rear quarter panel behind each door is part of the side skirts and will have to be painted to match your Krypton Green. Consider this before you agree to have them replaced. Add to this, it will come out of your pocket because the burden of proof is on you and too many parties are involved and no one will likely accept blame.

I'm a perfectionist with my cars and this would bother me to no end but I am never accepting of repainted body panels either so were it me, I would accept it but hate every minute of it.
donaldp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 12:15 AM   #8
crossroaddemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldp View Post
The lower rear quarter panel behind each door is part of the side skirts and will have to be painted to match your Krypton Green. Consider this before you agree to have them replaced. Add to this, it will come out of your pocket because the burden of proof is on you and too many parties are involved and no one will likely accept blame.

I'm a perfectionist with my cars and this would bother me to no end but I am never accepting of repainted body panels either so were it me, I would accept it but hate every minute of it.
Yes I researched this today and the thought of painting something green to match the car is out of the question. The car is great. The experience from the beginning has been nothing but BS. For the record I can't say anything positive. Buying the car out of state was a huge gamble. Hauling it 1800 miles from LA to Jersey was also a crap shoot. The difference between knowing you're right and proving is tons of effort. I know they jacked up my car and either felt it or saw it and said nothing. I'll never do this again.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:29 PM   #9
crossroaddemons

So in good conscience I explored the option with the trucking company to repair the damage done to the car. The trucking company pointed to a clause on the paperwork that says they are not responsible for damage to the underside of the car.

In life there are two choices. You can do what you have to or you can do what's right. Needless to say people done have to do what's right and invariably they don't.

The car traveled a long distance between MI and my garage. Here's one thing I do know. I didn't damage it. The person that did gets away with it because the paperwork says they don't have to do what's right. I never got a copy of the paperwork until the car arrived. By then someone already drove it over something and never said a word. Must be nice to ruin other people's stuff and not take responsibility.

But I wouldn't know what that feels like. Nor will I ever.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:41 PM   #10
mdmoore23

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroaddemons View Post
So in good conscience I explored the option with the trucking company to repair the damage done to the car. The trucking company pointed to a clause on the paperwork that says they are not responsible for damage to the underside of the car.

In life there are two choices. You can do what you have to or you can do what's right. Needless to say people done have to do what's right and invariably they don't.

The car traveled a long distance between MI and my garage. Here's one thing I do know. I didn't damage it. The person that did gets away with it because the paperwork says they don't have to do what's right. I never got a copy of the paperwork until the car arrived. By then someone already drove it over something and never said a word. Must be nice to ruin other people's stuff and not take responsibility.

But I wouldn't know what that feels like. Nor will I ever.
This sounds like bs on the trucking company's part. I've had a few cars delivered and the drivers gave me a chance to inspect the car before they left. If we found any damage that would've left them responsible. Once I approved and let them leave, then it was all on me.i worked at a dealership for 7 years too. And the trucking companies were always responsible for any damage we found on cars coming off their trucks. Once again, that was based on an inspection at the time of delivery. Did your trucking company give you a chance to inspect the car?
mdmoore23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:43 PM   #11
crossroaddemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmoore23 View Post
This sounds like bs on the trucking company's part. I've had a few cars delivered and the drivers gave me a chance to inspect the car before they left. If we found any damage that would've left them responsible. Once I approved and let them leave, then it was all on me.i worked at a dealership for 7 years too. And the trucking companies were always responsible for any damage we found on cars coming off their trucks. Once again, that was based on an inspection at the time of delivery. Did your trucking company give you a chance to inspect the car?
I did spend time going over the car. The undercarriage was more challenging. I'll take responsibility for not seeing it before I accepted the car. I'm not taking responsibility for damaging it. The person who did it owns that. Congratulations here's your brand new ruined car! Have a nice day.