Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-24-2020, 07:53 PM   #15
BRM ZL1

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Nasty1le View Post
So a more mechanically inclined friend just looked and said the belt is spinning but the clutch should be engaging and making the pulley spin and it isn’t. So I guess my clutch isn’t engaging and that’s why the AC isn’t working. Maybe low on Freon and it’s a safety measure to not burn out the compressor? But weird because the car is only a year old and haven’t used the AC much
Sounds like a dealer trip is in your future
BRM ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 06:15 AM   #16
DONATI_ZL1_1LE

Drives: CAMARO ZL1 1LE
Mines happens at random, but on auto and low temp it will get cold. Ac and low temp not cold. Idk dealer claimed it was fine, I wanna slap em, problem is intermittent.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:25 PM   #17
DFW_Muscle

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
There were some posts a year or so ago about issues with the blend door on the a/c system in these cars. Sounds like quite a few have had similar issues.
DFW_Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 03:42 PM   #18
19Nasty1le
Craig

Took it to the dealer today, they said the system was low so they recharged it and have to take it back in a few days to see if it’s leaking. I’ll post a update when I can
Old 06-25-2020, 08:55 PM   #19
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
So a more mechanically inclined friend just looked and said the belt is spinning but the clutch should be engaging and making the pulley spin and it isn’t. So I guess my clutch isn’t engaging and that’s why the AC isn’t working. Maybe low on Freon and it’s a safety measure to not burn out the compressor? But weird because the car is only a year old and haven’t used the AC much
Quote:
Took it to the dealer today, they said the system was low so they recharged it and have to take it back in a few days to see if it’s leaking. I’ll post a update when I can
I'm having a similar issue. Just started blowing warm air with AC on. I found that the compressor clutch doesn't appear to be coming on in my case either. AC clutch fuse looks good (though I haven't tested the relay), cooling fan turns on, and I can hear the blend door(s) inside appear to be moving when going from 'hot' to 'cold'. Mine could be low refrigerant, but I'm thinking several other things could be causing these similar symptoms as well.

Keep us posted if yours remains fixed or if a leak is found (in your case there must be a leak, right?)

Unfortunately, my 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty expired in March and I only have 12k miles on the car!

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:20 PM   #20
19Nasty1le
Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
I'm having a similar issue. Just started blowing warm air with AC on. I found that the compressor clutch doesn't appear to be coming on in my case either. AC clutch fuse looks good (though I haven't tested the relay), cooling fan turns on, and I can hear the blend door(s) inside appear to be moving when going from 'hot' to 'cold'. Mine could be low refrigerant, but I'm thinking several other things could be causing these similar symptoms as well.

Keep us posted if yours remains fixed or if a leak is found (in your case there must be a leak, right?)

Unfortunately, my 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty expired in March and I only have 12k miles on the car!
So I took mine to the dealer and it was leaking right around that top cap on the AC tube so they replaced it all under warranty and recharged the system. Prior they recharged and it worked again fine it was a very small leak in the weld area. Have the dealer see if you’re low on the Freon because if it’s low it won’t kick the AC clutch on to save burning out the compressor, if it’s a slow leak you might just have to recharge once a year or see how much the parts are.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:16 PM   #21
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
The tech should have pulled a vacuum on the system. If it loses vacuum they would know there is a leak. If not then they refill it. Good luck, it shouldn't be low after one year.
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote