Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-23-2020, 10:44 PM   #43
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
If you count all of dodge's performance cars, (charger, challenger, trackhawk, etc), they are #1 by a mile
Old 05-23-2020, 11:16 PM   #44
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
But you miss my point. I so badly wanted the Gen6 to be the cari wanted. I wanted it more than anyone on this site. But if you go back 5 years you will see my posts to make it a great coupe first and a great Camaro second. They did the opposite and gave us the great Camaro first and as for a coupe, we got what was left.

If you’ve read my posts since post 1 you would know what the Camaro meant to me and how badly I wanted the Gen6 to be the car for me. It turned out they listened to the Camaro faithful who said simply more. So GM created a great Camaro that satisfied those that wanted more. But they missed the ability to win buyers that simply wanted a great coupe.

No one on this sight wanted a Gen6 more than me. I had very high hopes.
I can go on about the Camaro too. Back seat room. Needs more horses. Needs to lose more weight. Too many bells and whistles stock. CAGS. M6 bog.

Why am I getting it?
Because it is still a great car.

BMW, Porsche, Ferrari all have their pitfalls/quirks just like the Camaro.

I don't understand what you want from a pony car...
Especially, since (more or less) this car has had ALL the problems you're complaining about since 1967.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:43 AM   #45
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
But you miss my point. I so badly wanted the Gen6 to be the cari wanted. I wanted it more than anyone on this site. But if you go back 5 years you will see my posts to make it a great coupe first and a great Camaro second. They did the opposite and gave us the great Camaro first and as for a coupe, we got what was left.

If you’ve read my posts since post 1 you would know what the Camaro meant to me and how badly I wanted the Gen6 to be the car for me. It turned out they listened to the Camaro faithful who said simply more. So GM created a great Camaro that satisfied those that wanted more. But they missed the ability to win buyers that simply wanted a great coupe.

Well, who knows? Maybe the Gen 7 will address the issue. If there is a Gen 7. Hard to say what GM was trying to do with the Gen 6. It almost appears that they were not not so much trying to land potential Mustang or Challenger buyers as they were trying to entice those folks that might have wanted a Corvette but didn't have the budget for it. Seems also like they were trying to get rid of the "muscle car" and "pony car" tag attached to it. If that was the case, looking at sales it looks like the plan backfired on them. Of course, it would've help if they did a better job with the 8 spd auto.

I do like the fact that they fixed one thing on the Gen 6 that I hated about my Gen 5. I can now have a beverage in the cup holder and shift without contorting my arm to some wacky position!
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:26 PM   #46
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:

Most great sports cars don't really entice an average car buyer(see S2000 and Viper). Sometimes they will attempt to do so(see RX-8) but in the end, it won't tick most people's boxes. That's just how it works. When they start to cater to the masses, they start to lose traits enthusiasts like about these cars.

I mean just look at Toyota. Yeah they are successful and a big company but how many enthusiasts can say they respect Toyota from a fun-to-drive perspective? Both of their sports cars are joint ventures. It makes business sense, but how many Supra fans can honestly say they are happy to see it back, only for it to be half-German and automatics only?

Honestly, I think if the Camaro sacrifices performance for visibility(not sure if that's the case but it might be), I would just picked up another C7 as a replacement to my flooded one. The fact that Camaro SS can steal some want-to-be or ex-C7 owners is pretty dang impressive. I legitimately had a hard time picking between the C7 and 6th Gen SS 1LE.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:42 AM   #47
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
Wait until you have to back out of a parking space.
You cannot see to your right side until your ass end is already in the street.
It's an uncomfortable feeling!
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:22 AM   #48
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
Yes I think the visibility issue affects sales. This is not a comfortable car to test drive, and I cannot find a logical reason why the interior has to be so claustrophobic and hard to see out of in a car with such a large footprint. More power to all who like it, but I decided after a long search (I was on the 5th Gen forum) that I do not.
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 06:07 AM   #49
Jsreo

Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshelar View Post
Wait until you have to back out of a parking space.
You cannot see to your right side until your ass end is already in the street.
It's an uncomfortable feeling!
That is where cross traffic alert comes in real handy
Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote